Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 8)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    Oh,and how could I forget! Babybel! That stupid synthetic platic cheese, and how it shows those silly annoying kids, and worse, how they lie and say its "99% milk". More like 99% recycled rubber gloves! The worst bit of that ad is the "Are you smarter than a 10 year old" style music, and the bit where you see some guy with his arms up and his kid next to him, copying him, as if he had muscles.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That bloody trailer for "The Last Leg" on Channel 4[...]THIS ISN'T AUSTRALIA FFS!! :mad:

Indeed. What's an Aussie doing presenting a show about the British Paralympics anyway? If the producers couldn't find a prosthesis-wearing Briton to present it then they must have forgotten Heather Mills! She could well provide as much comedy as Adam Hills does...unintentionally. :p
  • mel_drewmel_drew Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yoshi Fan wrote: »
    We love those adverts now the annoying moron's getting some payback for all the times he's annoyed us!:D

The new Aviva one. "With Aviverrr, I saved on my car insurance so I could upgrade me 'eadphones!" Seems to be on way more than any other advert.:sleep:

No we don't. Not unanimously. We'd worked up a nice little "hate Stuart Pearce the bullying thug" theme on the previous incarnation of the thread.
  • ursula321ursula321 Posts: 1,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to bet let loose on set with a couple of Uzis the next time Vernon Kay and his mum are filming an advert.

Annoying bastards.

I who is she and why is she in ads just because she is his mum really winds me up!!!!!:mad:
  • TheIllusionistTheIllusionist Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    The Sun's advert for toilet paper is getting on my nerves.
  • TheIllusionistTheIllusionist Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    ursula321 wrote: »
    I who is she and why is she in ads just because she is his mum really winds me up!!!!!:mad:

She probably isn't even his real mum.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    The PPI advert is annoying me and for some reason I'm getting texts from PPI :mad:
  • jo2015jo2015 Posts: 6,021
    Forum Member
    The PPI advert is annoying me and for some reason I'm getting texts from PPI :mad:

Hasn't it been fairly well 'advertised' in the media that you can cut out the middlemen of these companies.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Daybreak advert with the presenters smiling creepily
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    More twee singing, this time on a Chrome advert
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daley Thompson on Daz adverts now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She probably isn't even his real mum.

Unfortunately she really is his mum
  • saralundsaralund Posts: 3,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Pilgrim cheese advert seems to be shown twice every break on ITV3. You know, the one where the woman says 'But you're so little' at the end? Hearing the thing over and over just gives you time to realise that the whole thing is nonsensical. End result: I HATE Pilgrim cheese.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    tvbox wrote: »
    The music in the new fiat 500 ad is mildly annoying , too.

I think it comes from "Sheffield on the Move", a travelogue used behind the opening credits of 'The Full Monty'.
    It's called 'The Zodiac' by David Lindup - I'm not sure whether it really is from the 1970s or was composed especially for the film.
    If the latter IRONY I suppose - given that it's 1970s colours blah blah..........
    Does it come with 70s rust as well:rolleyes:
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really hate a current one for what is probably deodorant (I can't watch it all the way through) which goes on about getting more beautiful underarms (when did they stop being armpits? And when did it become important for them to be beautiful??) and a stupid voiceover about 'toga tops and yoga tops' being tops that you can wear once you have these beautiful underarms. I have never heard of anyone who refers to either toga tops or yoga tops, they were clearly only chosen because they rhyme, and it's just ANNOYING. Grr.
  • Danno2020Danno2020 Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    Elanor wrote: »
    I really hate a current one for what is probably deodorant (I can't watch it all the way through) which goes on about getting more beautiful underarms (when did they stop being armpits? And when did it become important for them to be beautiful??) and a stupid voiceover about 'toga tops and yoga tops' being tops that you can wear once you have these beautiful underarms. I have never heard of anyone who refers to either toga tops or yoga tops, they were clearly only chosen because they rhyme, and it's just ANNOYING. Grr.

What about va va voom tops? :P I agree with you though, that ad is so annoying!

I've also gotta vote for the Colgate one with the dozy up-herself woman proud like a schoolgirl she has blood on her floss. "oh, not me! I could never have gum disease, I'm too important!" Who in their right mind would think blood is a *good* sign?! Stupid mare. And don't get me started on the bloke/sheep sat next to her who whimpers "me too" along with her... Sheesh what a tool!
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Danno2020 wrote: »
    What about va va voom tops? :P I agree with you though, that ad is so annoying!

I've also gotta vote for the Colgate one with the dozy up-herself woman proud like a schoolgirl she has blood on her floss. "oh, not me! I could never have gum disease, I'm too important!" Who in their right mind would think blood is a *good* sign?! Stupid mare. And don't get me started on the bloke/sheep sat next to her who whimpers "me too" along with her... Sheesh what a tool!

Oh yeah, that's the MOST realistic meeting/seminar/training event EVER that one! :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    Those ones that come on between programs, adverts are they called? Can't stand them!
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,512
    Forum Member
    Daley Thompson on Daz adverts now.

There is NO WAY Daz would get them pants clean :mad:
  • CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We do really need a TV version of the wonderful Firefox Ad Blocker. Imagine a TV set that went to a blue screen for the adverts and then normal programming resumed when the adverts stopped, oh bliss.

Why, oh why, do advertising agencies produce TV adverts to cater for adults who have the mental ability of a rather backward 7-year-old. Just take a hard look at most TV adverts do they appear to you rather immature for adult viewing. Silly people singing silly jingles, pulling funny faces and trying really hard to be funny and failing miserably, like a sketch off Cbeebees or similar

Just look at the latest Go-Compare advert, for instance, is that not a complete insult to human intelligence. Not funny, just plain stupid. At least Sky+ eases the pain of watching them somewhat.
  • Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to bet let loose on set with a couple of Uzis the next time Vernon Kay and his mum are filming an advert.

Annoying bastards.

Me too.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Martin Clunes and Churchill ads :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Got some more adverts:

GO COMPARE! :mad: Yes okay so he is getting clobbered for being annoying but does he HAVE to sing so loudly? Stupid twonk.. Today I managed to get the baby to sleep.. this advert came on (louder than the bloody programme!!!) and woke the baby right back up again. :(

Jacamo. It's being played every ad break! Piddling me off! P!ss off my screen!

And the last one is for VO5 (I think) hair spray or something or other. Starts off with this girl showing us how to style our hair like she does.. then sings a twee little song, and sounds more like a 6 year old. Didn't know what it was advertising at first - clearly does it's job then. :rolleyes: :yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    saralund wrote: »
    The Pilgrim cheese advert seems to be shown twice every break on ITV3. You know, the one where the woman says 'But you're so little' at the end? Hearing the thing over and over just gives you time to realise that the whole thing is nonsensical. End result: I HATE Pilgrim cheese.

That's one of a handful that just don't make any sense, one of the others is where a guy has a clone and at the end it randomly turns out to be a car ad even though the ad has absolutely nothing to do with cars.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's this fashion for awful acoustic covers.
This discussion has been closed.