FARGO - Channel 4 Pace

Comments

• FooxFoox Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It might have been because of his delirious ramblings when they found him in the jail cell. He was going on about towels being washed. When she went down to the cellar and saw the washing machine something may have clicked.

I'm really enjoying this series and looking forward to Sunday night coming round. I feel kind of deflated when it gets to the end of the episode. I could go on watching this all evening.

I thought that as well couldnt figure out why till i remember him rambling abit. im loving this series and unusually for me im stayin away frm my online watchings so i keep pace with my mates watching is as well.
  • ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zizu58 wrote: »
    How did the female cop know to look inside the washer ??

The washing machine looks like it had been moved out so thought that either it's broken or it has some other reason, she was right to do that and I'm sure most detectives/cops would think to do that.
    jammoon1 wrote: »
    That's what my husband asked. Was it the hammer he hid in there? Still enjoying this but I did find last night's episode a little confusing. Wasn't sure why Gus was on the road to Stavros' place either, or whether that was a coincidence and he was just going past it and not to it.:confused:

The Hammer was hidden in the washer in Ep1 but obviously has been moved for this episode.

Gus was on the road to Stavros' as he was trying to prove that Malvo isn't a vicar. He questioned earlier in the episode what Malvo was doing on that road if he was a vicar.
  • catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has he forgotten that he has to go and take down the details of the "murdered" dog?

What I found most confusing in this episode is the whole thing with Malvo parking near Gus's house and his conversation with the Neighbourhood Watch guy. It could be that I haven't been paying close enough attention, but firstly, the reason that Gus let Malvo go in the first place was because Malvo threatened his family, so now that he has arrested Malvo and he has been released, shouldn't Gus be seriously worried about his daughter's safety? Secondly, the Neighbourhood Watch guy said he was going to call the cops, and Malvo said something along the lines of, "I could break into your house and kill your family before the cops arrive". Why didn't the Neighbourhood Watch guy say, "Not really, there's a cop who lives right here, I can see he's home because his police car is parked outside, and I have him on speed dial on my mobile because of being the head of the Neighbourhood Watch". In fact, shouldn't Gus have told the Neighbourhood Watch to be on the lookout for a guy hanging round near his house, if he took the threat to his family so seriously in the first place?
  • stafsstafs Posts: 1,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davie1924 wrote: »
    Be prepared for a major disappointment - far prefer the tv series

I finally got around to watching the film the day after I watched episode 1 and I can't choose between them to be honest, the TV show has captured the the tone and visual style so well that that could have stuck it on the big screen and called it Fargo 2.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zizu58 wrote: »
    How did the female cop know to look inside the washer ??

It was pulled slightly away from the wall but mainly because all the hoses and pipes had been disconnected from it. You can see her scanning the wall behind it and the cogs turning in her brain before she decides to pull it out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    catsitter wrote: »
    Has he forgotten that he has to go and take down the details of the "murdered" dog?

What I found most confusing in this episode is the whole thing with Malvo parking near Gus's house and his conversation with the Neighbourhood Watch guy. It could be that I haven't been paying close enough attention, but firstly, the reason that Gus let Malvo go in the first place was because Malvo threatened his family, so now that he has arrested Malvo and he has been released, shouldn't Gus be seriously worried about his daughter's safety? Secondly, the Neighbourhood Watch guy said he was going to call the cops, and Malvo said something along the lines of, "I could break into your house and kill your family before the cops arrive". Why didn't the Neighbourhood Watch guy say, "Not really, there's a cop who lives right here, I can see he's home because his police car is parked outside, and I have him on speed dial on my mobile because of being the head of the Neighbourhood Watch". In fact, shouldn't Gus have told the Neighbourhood Watch to be on the lookout for a guy hanging round near his house, if he took the threat to his family so seriously in the first place?

People do odd things when utterly terrifyingly cold-hearted and dead-eyed men sit in huge black cars on their street and casually threaten to quickly and quietly murder them in their sleep...
  • Miles_TMiles_T Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely loving this!! I never thought Billy Bob could act better than he did in Bad Santa but he has, mesmerising!! Love the tone of this and it's pace.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ocav wrote: »
    The washing machine looks like it had been moved out so thought that either it's broken or it has some other reason, she was right to do that and I'm sure most detectives/cops would think to do that.

It did seem a little unlikely to me. Presumably the scenes of crime people had already been through the basement and not found anything. However, it was a very minor issue in an otherwise excellent episode.

I am really enjoying the Bald Move podcasts (http://baldmove.com/category/fargo/) which analyse each episode in a huge amount of detail for references and hidden meanings.
  • Dirty RoosterDirty Rooster Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big-Arn wrote: »
    People do odd things when utterly terrifyingly cold-hearted and dead-eyed men sit in huge black cars on their street and casually threaten to quickly and quietly murder them in their sleep...
    Even mid-sized beige ones!
  • peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    Enjoying the parts I can make out. :D
  • digimoandigimoan Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    Was this the final one?
  • NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So many regular characters died in that episode, that's got to be the darkest instalment yet. :o

I dare say it gets worse.
    digimoan wrote: »
    Was this the final one?

No, there are 4 more episodes.
  • chimpsy23chimpsy23 Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    Poor mr numbers
  • digimoandigimoan Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    So many regular characters died in that episode, that's got to be the darkest instalment yet. :o

I dare say it gets worse.

No, there are 4 more episodes.

Thank you :)
  • ~*~Jess~*~~*~Jess~*~ Posts: 4,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight's episode really got to me tonight for some reason. The death of that camp treadmill blokey and the music playing as he was getting shot... :( so many deaths in one episode! Malvo is seriously effed up! Having said that I will still watch it next week!
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is the suitcase full of money buried by the fence with the windscreen scraper from the movie ?
  • marieukxxmarieukxx Posts: 4,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this just a one off series? I assume it is. Also is it meant to be funny?
  • ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marieukxx wrote: »
    Is this just a one off series? I assume it is. Also is it meant to be funny?

I think it will be a one-off, but its been extremely successful so you never know! and yes its mean to have a slight bit of humour to it.
    is the suitcase full of money buried by the fence with the windscreen scraper from the movie ?

Yes!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was a cracking episode - the gunfight in the blizzard in particular was very well done. As was the death of the guy who was helping out Malvo.

Did Molly die when Gus accidentally shot her? I'd have thought not, given how integral she's been to the story so far. But it looked like she was bleeding from the head when the camera panned to her body - she might not have been, it was difficult to see with all that snow around. :p
    marieukxx wrote: »
    Is this just a one off series? I assume it is.

I think they are planning on a second series, but it'll be an entirely new story with an entirely new cast.
  • KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    straycat73 wrote: »
    Martin Freemans accent is really annoying

It may be, but that's not the same thing as it being unrealistic. Most UK actors really overdo American accents, but Minnesotan is one of the most extreme US accents, and a good part of the legacy of Fargo (intact from the movie) is overdoing the accent (even if done by an American actor--who if they are not from Minnesota may not be any better at it than a Brit).
  • VolVol Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why did the Martin Freeman character plant the gun in his nephew's backpack? I get that he is trying to frame his brother, but not really sure about this bit.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A lot of strange scenes this week. I suppose you have to allow for dramatic licence. Did the female cop shoot the deaf and dumb guy or is he still alive? Who is the mob boss who wants Malvo dead?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vol wrote: »
    Why did the Martin Freeman character plant the gun in his nephew's backpack? I get that he is trying to frame his brother, but not really sure about this bit.

Because it's a terrible, terrible thing to pin on him, and seeing as his brother just basically washed his hands of Lester, Lester feels like really stitching his brother up in the worst possible way.

I daresay the move will end extremely badly for someone. Guilt seems to be a heavy motif in the show.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lot of strange scenes this week. I suppose you have to allow for dramatic licence. Did the female cop shoot the deaf and dumb guy or is he still alive? Who is the mob boss who wants Malvo dead?

We don't know if she shot him - we just heard shots and will have to wait for the next episode.

The mob boss is the mob boss from Fargo (city, not film), head of the organised crime group in Fargo that has been mentioned before, the group that Sam Hess worked for. Two two hit men work for him.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    We don't know if she shot him - we just heard shots and will have to wait for the next episode.

The mob boss is the mob boss from Fargo (city, not film), head of the organised crime group in Fargo that has been mentioned before, the group that Sam Hess worked for. Two two hit men work for him.

And the factory owner who bullied Martin Freeman worked for him, right?