15 Years since Cody Willis was Murdered in Neighbours

gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
Forum Member
✭✭
Im pretty sure it was around late September or early October 1996 when she was murdered, i was only 9 at the time and was almost in tears as she suffered a blood clot in hospital, one of the saddest soap deaths ever. who else remembers this? In Australia it was proberly around March or April 1996. It would be nice of todie, libby,susan, lou or karl could mention her sometimes they were all close to her

Comments

• rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was manslaughter!
  • soapnutsoapnut Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    I still prefer the original Cody Willis played by Amelia Frid! Shame she didn't return to the role for Cody's homecoming. Always remember the love square with Cody, Todd, Melissa and Josh, the good old days when Neighbours was at it's best! Now it's just a poor imitation it's dire! It's still very much featured on teenagers as before but they're all muppets these days!
  • stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    ^^^ Was just going to say too, I much prefered the original actress and wasnt too keen on the second, I dont know why they didnt ask her back. I remember her dying very clearly but cant quite remember the circumstances around it. I do remember her relationships with Todd (wow his death was very memorable too) and the gorgeous Rick :o
    Forum Member
    stash22 wrote: »
    ^^^ Was just going to say too, I much prefered the original actress and wasnt too keen on the second, I dont know why they didnt ask her back. I remember her dying very clearly but cant quite remember the circumstances around it. I do remember her relationships with Todd (wow his death was very memorable too) and the gorgeous Rick :o

The original actress, Amelia Frid, was asked back to reprise the role however she was too busy studying and was happy for an alternative actress to step into the role, Peta Brady, but i think she was just too different and i never warmed to her although by this time i was only watching on and off as Neighbours had gone downhill and that was then! Cody died from a stray bullet to number 30 that was being targeted by a drugs gang if i remember right, feel free to correct me if i'm wrong folks! She was in the wrong place at the wrong time unfortunately! The Willis family were the best ever next to the Timmins' who came a few years later.
  • gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soapnut wrote: »
    The original actress, Amelia Frid, was asked back to reprise the role however she was too busy studying and was happy for an alternative actress to step into the role, Peta Brady, but i think she was just too different and i never warmed to her although by this time i was only watching on and off as Neighbours had gone downhill and that was then! Cody died from a stray bullet to number 30 that was being targeted by a drugs gang if i remember right, feel free to correct me if i'm wrong folks! She was in the wrong place at the wrong time unfortunately! The Willis family were the best ever next to the Timmins' who came a few years later.

i cann evan remember this emilia frid girl, i was too young so to me cody willis is the girl who played her in 1994-1996 era.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stash22 wrote: »

tods death is one of my earliest neighbours memories
  • Pearl McGPearl McG Posts: 422
    Forum Member
    Jeez I feel old, I preferred the original Scott Robinson!
    Forum Member
    I still don't understand why they killed Cody off. Just because the rest of her family were long gone doesn't mean she had to die! Sue Jones as mother Pam was fantastic and a firm favourite of mine however i just couldn't believe the death of Cody as it wasn't the original actress and didn't seem real. They were the best family by far and featured much too briefly. They would have been even better if all four kids had been in it at the same time! Neighbours is just so shallow these days and that cosy feel is gone sadly. And i still think to this day that they should return to the original theme but the second version, Barry Crocker is a legend!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pearl McG wrote: »

there was another scott robinson:confused: i dont remember neighbours in the 80s as i was a baby in the late 80s but my mum and older sister do remember those days and ive seen clips of jason danavon and kylie back then never new there was another scott.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soapnut wrote: »
    I still don't understand why they killed Cody off. Just because the rest of her family were long gone doesn't mean she had to die! Sue Jones as mother Pam was fantastic and a firm favourite of mine however i just couldn't believe the death of Cody as it wasn't the original actress and didn't seem real. They were the best family by far and featured much too briefly. They would have been even better if all four kids had been in it at the same time! Neighbours is just so shallow these days and that cosy feel is gone sadly. And i still think to this day that they should return to the original theme but the second version, Barry Crocker is a legend!

i always thought her death was pointless too, it didnt have much impact at all, i wonder if the actress quit or quit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is the character with Cody when she gets shot?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVVVIi5zqNA&feature=related
  • Pearl McGPearl McG Posts: 422
    Forum Member
    gentleguy wrote: »
    there was another scott robinson:confused: i dont remember neighbours in the 80s as i was a baby in the late 80s but my mum and older sister do remember those days and ive seen clips of jason danavon and kylie back then never new there was another scott.

Dark hair. He only lasted the first year, long before Charlene arrived.
  • KFAKFA Posts: 3,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is the character with Cody when she gets shot?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVVVIi5zqNA&feature=related

Luke Handly :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KFA wrote: »
    Luke Handly :)

Ah Hugo from H&A! Thanks,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    This page is quite interesting. Has original Scott as well as original Cody.

http://perfectblend.net/features/recast.htm
  • kushtiimayteekushtiimaytee Posts: 9,732
    Forum Member
    Wow really 15 years? That would have made me around 9 years old too. I remember being really upset cos I liked Cody.
    Neighbours for me aint like it was back then. Unmissable TV ;)
  • essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,208
    Forum Member
    Now if it had been Amelia's Cody that died I would have been sad but Peta's Cody just annoyed me,with daft plots like disguising herself as a boy to get on the cricket team:rolleyes:. My favourite girl was,and remains,Danni Stark
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The second Cody was rubbish! And she sounded like a man, which really annoyed me! God knows why they cast her in the role. Amelia was much prettier.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Pearl McG wrote: »

And the original Lucy and Basil.