Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 6)

Comments

• GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    silversox wrote: »
    What's that dreadful 'scary' ad where the woman is walking back to her car in an underground car-park and is followed and screamed at by some awful ghostly kid advertising a mobile network. Is that child actor going to have nightmares now?? :rolleyes:

Phones4U. I really don't understand how that ad would make anyone want to buy their phones. Not to mention that I HATE the sponsorship ads during TV Burp! :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Lots and lots of awful ads at the moment…

Littlewoods

Dearest advertisers in creation
    Why create this abomination?

This advert annoys the living heck out of me.

Who put an X-Box under the tree? My muvver!

Yeah, you know what, when I was little, I was really happy to see a PlayStation 1 under the tree for me and my brother. But what do they show next? Grandpa sitting with a MacBook Pro on his knee! And a cousin who’s got a new Fuji camera! Among other expensive gifts! Piss off Littlewoods; you’re advertising to an incredibly small minority who could afford all this: normal people would have bought Grandpa your bog-standard Windows laptop. The spirit of Christmas is to be happy with what you get – it’s being with family that really matters, not materialistic goods. (Zen…)

And on another note…

Coleen fooking Nolan

Let Park help you save in time for Christmas 2012!

Shut up! I don’t care! I don’t need to collect vouchers throughout the year so I can be prepared for Christmas 2012 or whatever the fook it is you’re advertising! I very much doubt that Coleen collects these vouchers. Plus, can’t we get Christmas 2011 out of the way!?

Go Compare

Ugh, the most recent iteration that I’ve seen (the cavemen one) annoys me. Some bint screeching that she just invented the wheel, then crashing it into a rock (and somehow surviving the impact)… then some man shuffles up to her and says he’s invented car insurance. Oh, I do love the smell of tired old ‘women driver’ stereotypes in the morning. THEN that Welsh tenor comes in and starts singing in this AWFUL way – I saw him at the Glastonbury Extravaganza this year, and he’s bloody good. He roars almost every note in this stupid ad, obviously to try and make his voice sound as rock-like as possible… Har har… you get it… Because it’s set in the Stone Age… rock is another word for stone… and it’s done in the style of a rock song… Yeah, because the first thing I think of when I think of rock music is the Stone Age.

Halfords

PUT A SOCK IN IT. I don’t want to see some little brat screaming on her bike! Cycling is not that exciting! Put on the brakes or select a lower gear if going downhill is ‘scary’. :l

Disneyworld

Little girl: We are going… Oh my god… We are going to Disneyworld… Ohh…!

Mother: Disneyworld Florida, in America.

Little girl: GMMMMGGMHHMMMHHHHHGGGGGHNNNHHHGGGG

What the fook is that noise the girl makes at the end! And hooray for taking the Lord’s name in vain! That may be years of Church of England schooling talking, but I never say ‘oh my god’ because I was specifically taught not to. I may be an atheist now, but I still hate hearing little kids use that phrase.

Haribo

All three of these! ‘Detective Mills’, the strange family who can’t sing and own a Post Office in what I assume must be the Yorkshire Dales, and the brat who ruins that woman’s wedding photo by giving everyone a sour sweet. Why does the girl adopt an American accent halfway through the word ‘soft’? ‘OH SOOO SAWWWFT.’ The wedding one too! That little prankster would be taken home immediately on my orders and not allowed to come near my reception. >:(

Phones 4 U

I assume they must have spent a lot of money on Halloween adverts and now have no choice to use them to recoup their losses a week after Halloween!? For Pete’s sake, I don’t want to see that idiotic grey… thing (what is it supposed to be? I’ve never seen a grey zombie with pop-out eyes in monster mythology) before Harry Hill, nor do I want to see little Sadako stalking some woman in a car park and telling her to get a HTC in pink on pay as you go. Someone throw her back down the well, please. :P
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Next advert annoys me too

For an ad with an emphasis on perfect timing, they should have got a bunch of models that actually do synchronized movements...

I don't like the Colman's ad with the gravy cow either

It's not a bad idea, but the animation is terrible and the colour of the cow makes it hard to see any detail / expressions = a bit crap really
    god yes... perhaps they should have used... oh I dunno dancers? people who look good but can actually move rythmically and in time with each other and the beat? of course the problem for next is that their colthes no longer fit normal people.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Bell's ad with those incredibly smug looking people playing the tune to Axel F on the rims of glasses. It's not the song or what they're doing, it's the looks on their faces while they're doing it that irritates me
    to be fair tho' it is pretty clever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »
    of course the problem for next is that their colthes no longer fit normal people.

Don't they? I buy quite a bit of stuff from Next and have never really had problems with their sizing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't they? I buy quite a bit of stuff from Next and have never really had problems with their sizing.
    I always find there stuff too tight these days (and no I'm not a fat bastard :D ) yet size medium form various other outlest do seem to fit me... Shame though cos I've always liked their stuff.
  • jenbugjenbug Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    spindiddly wrote: »
    I think it is a co-op advert, but the voiceover man manages to rhyme the words good & food. For whatever reason, it really annoys me.

I don't see why people are annoyed at that one, it's the dialect. I rhyme good with food...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always find there stuff too tight these days (and no I'm not a fat bastard :D ) yet size medium form various other outlest do seem to fit me... Shame though cos I've always liked their stuff.

That does seem to have happened with a lot of shops. If you want a real laugh, have a look in Topman. It's like they've been made for children!
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh no, the M.& S ad with all the X Factor contestants, is there no escape?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    oh... is that who they all are.
    Well sign of the times and all that if M&S have to resort to actual nobodies to sing in their christmas advert.:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    valkay wrote: »

I have seen it so many times today it is driving me mad
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disneyland Paris - AAAAARRRGGHHH!! More kids screaming! TV MUTED! :mad:
    Seriously, why do advertisers feel the need to put annoying kids in adverts?!
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That advert with Bobbi who used to be in Corrie few years ago with her "best friend" is very annoying. For so called friends, they have zero chemistry.
  • sm72sm72 Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    M&S and X factor god no!!!!!
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've only just seen the M&S X Factor one .............. dear God! :eek:

But I must admit apart from the sheer cheesiness of it my first thought was 'I hope they're getting paid for that and Cowell's not ripping them off!'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't hate the ad because its quite stylish, but Bleu De Chanel (the Scorsese directed thing with the Stones track) aggravates me because I don't quite get it. And I'm sure I'm not supposed to.

Glad nobody's moaned about Toys 'R' Us changing their jingle this year. It's about bloody time. It was a horrible song in the first place, and not having to hear it for the first Christmas in 20-odd years seems a good omen for this festive season!
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    The McD singing ad. It's bad enough for that but is he holding a new McD burger. The mini mac?

I've never seen a green McDonalds before either.
  • eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 22,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate that M&S one with the X Factor warblers, all trying to outdo each other and looking all wistful as they spit out their lines.
    I bet they hate that girl who gets to sing the last line and gets to hog the limelight.
    Awful, cringe worthy stuff yet again.
    Can't they make a bloody advert these days without a load of irritating plonkers cruicifying a classic song?
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    eviled2010 wrote: »
    I hate that M&S one with the X Factor warblers, all trying to outdo each other and looking all wistful as they spit out their lines.
    I bet they hate that girl who gets to sing the last line and gets to hog the limelight.
    Awful, cringe worthy stuff yet again.
    Can't they make a bloody advert these days without a load of irritating plonkers cruicifying a classic song?
    Is that who they are? I saw it last night and was thinking who the **** are these *******.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    The McD singing ad. It's bad enough for that but is he holding a new McD burger. The mini mac?

I've never seen a green McDonalds before either.

Yeah, it's awful. And I quite liked the recent Happy Meal one with Glad All Over.
  • KarlyKarly Posts: 10,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen the ad for Morocco tourism - would someone like to explain it to me please?

Why is it snowing?
    What does "the country that travels within you" mean? (just made me think of what happens when I eat cous cous). :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Windows 7 advert with the guy dancing like a complete prat! This is putting me off from ever buying Kinect! :mad:
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,961
    Forum Member
    to be fair tho' it is pretty clever.

To be fair, I didn't say or suggest it was a crap advert or not clever, did I?:p It's their smug little looks at each other that irritate me a bit. It is a clever ad
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    The Windows 7 advert with the guy dancing like a complete prat! This is putting me off from ever buying Kinect! :mad:

have to agree. he looks like a right knob.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's also completely unrealistic about how quickly and easily something like that could be created. I know it's just a looping piece of video, but still. I recall an even more ludicrous Windows 7 one with a woman photoshopping smiling pictures of family members to create the perfect family portrait. She did it in about ten seconds and it looked perfect!
This discussion has been closed.