Options

Fifa 15 Vs PES 2015

Comments

• Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »
    you still a ps4 dude? get pes on xone, think thats what ill be doing.

PLAY ME!

:D

I've got the PS4 and a XB1. I couldn't be bothered with the inevitable 'X is better than Y' b0ll0x when they both came out so I just got both.

Will try to pick up PES on the XB1 when I get the chance. Mental busy at the moment though. >:(
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bester wrote: »
    :D

I've got the PS4 and a XB1. I couldn't be bothered with the inevitable 'X is better than Y' b0ll0x when they both came out so I just got both.

Will try to pick up PES on the XB1 when I get the chance. Mental busy at the moment though. >:(

now im thinking of sticking with 360 another year lol. is xone good?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    now im thinking of sticking with 360 another year lol. is xone good?

I probably play 90% of my games on the XB1, even though I have a PS4. I just prefer XBL to PSN, and the XB UI. Never really been a great fan of the XMB.

The PS4 is the technical winner, but in terms of actual gameplay I haven't really noticed much of a difference.

In terms of upgrading from the 360, you're not missing a great deal yet if you stick with the 360. I would imagine the case will become more compelling next year.

The XB1 BD drive comes in handy though. Saves me having to switch machines when I want to watch a movie.
  • Options
    Jambo_cJambo_c Posts: 4,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After not playing Seasons since FIFA 2013 I find myself having to play it again just to get a quick game with varied opposition, the lobbies are terrible, too slow and full of boring dicks picking 5* teams. Nothing has changed in Seasons though, yet again it's ridiculous, all the reasons I stopped playing are still there. I was using West Brom last night, the first game I absolutely dominated and everything I hit flew in, Berahino with his lowly 68 rating was like Pele, scored 4 and was smashing them in from all over, the other guy quit when I got to 5-0. The next game, I had 22 shots and even when I tapped shoot it was as if I'd held it down for about an hour, shots just flying all over, corner flag efforts sometimes! He then goes up the other end and scores an absolute screamer with his 2nd shot, then his third shot hits the post and then bounces in off my keeper! It finished 2-0 to him, I had 22 shots, he had 3. I really, really hope they bring back Head To Head as I only play online and this could well just ruin the game for me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Jambo_c wrote: »
    ...I had 22 shots and even when I tapped shoot it was as if I'd held it down for about an hour, shots just flying all over, corner flag efforts sometimes! He then goes up the other end and scores an absolute screamer with his 2nd shot, then his third shot hits the post and then bounces in off my keeper! It finished 2-0 to him, I had 22 shots, he had 3. I really, really hope they bring back Head To Head as I only play online and this could well just ruin the game for me.

This happened to me this morning against the AI on Professional. What a f***ing wind-up, it really is. I was hammering them on possession, running rings around them, firing off great shots...nothing. Lost 1-0.

In other words, it's not just an online thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kal_El wrote: »
    This happened to me this morning against the AI on Professional. What a f***ing wind-up, it really is. I was hammering them on possession, running rings around them, firing off great shots...nothing. Lost 1-0.

Online it only happens on Seasons mode though, it doesn't seem to happen (or at least it's not as noticeable) on the Head To Head (on FIFA 14) or on games you play through the match lobbies.
  • Options
    willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I have many games like that, really gets on my nerves. But at the end of the day it happens, it's part of the game.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    willrelf92 wrote: »
    I have many games like that, really gets on my nerves. But at the end of the day it happens, it's part of the game.

Oh yeah of course! It's annoying sometimes, but I suppose that's football. I don't expect to win every match. :)
  • Options
    TunnelVision9TunnelVision9 Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone know any good deals for this?
  • Options
    PorkchopExpressPorkchopExpress Posts: 5,534
    Forum Member
    I was utterly disgusted with PES 2014 on PS3 to the extent that I did something I had long considered unthinkable. I bought FIFA 14.

That was utter garbage too though. Just awful.

So thrilled was I then to download PES2015 demo on PS3 yesterday and discover how great it is. Expectations were low, after being continually let down by Konami over the years but I'm delighted to say that this year's version of PES is (going by the demo) the best I've ever played.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Brother and I like to play 2-player Co-op seasons against the CPU on Fifa - today was the first time we've tried it on Fifa 15 - thought we'd start off a bit easy on World Class rather than Legendary. Fook me, what an experience! The amount of BS that the CPU lets itself get away with is ridiculous. Every time you have a corner, if the CPU clears it, it just happens to fall to a CPU player with none of our players anywhere near him, every single time. Beyond that, the number of times that things just happen to fall the CPU's way is a bit of a joke. Some of the goals the CPU scored where there were flurries of tackles going in, shots being parried etc, and it just happened to fall directly to a CPU player's feet for a walk/tap in. It's also incredibly lenient on itself with giving fouls against itself. A number of times I was absolutely scythed down in the box, to get nothing but a play on. Also like how no matter the opposition, could be Man Utd, could be Burnley, somehow they have the uncanny ability that if they're in the lead, they can hold the ball almost indefinitely to prevent you from creating any chances. I think it was QPR who managed to play like 1970s Brazil against me when they were leading with 10 minutes to go. I literally didn't touch the ball until the final whistle.

When's PES out? I'll give it a go this year I think. Fifa ok, and there are some great improvements, especially on the cosmetic side, but as far as gameplay goes, there's also just as much that's taken a backwards step.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Which version you on, Bester?
  • Options
    tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pleasantly surprised by the PES 2015 demo. PES used to be all I played. PES 6 was the ultimate version. Then it lost its way. Seems back on track now though. Shame the presentation of FIFA can't be combined with the gameplay of PES. I've lost patience with FIFA now after just feeling cheated too many times.
  • Options
    the dourflathe dourfla Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    presentation doesn't bother me i don't buy a game to be amazed by the menus. Its the little thing that stop pes being amazing.
    If i was a play tester i would earn my wage.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol this is like matrix red or blue pill, lots of people waking up to fifa scripting and some still believing its just bad luck.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both demos were impressive this year but I decided I would enjoy pes more long term.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Which version you on, Bester?

XB1 mate.

It was that bad in the end that we just ended up laughing about it. There's not even any pretence any more about the CPU being impartial, it blatantly cheats.

Still, presentation's nice...... :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    XB1 mate.

It was that bad in the end that we just ended up laughing about it. There's not even any pretence any more about the CPU being impartial, it blatantly cheats.

Still, presentation's nice...... :D

dont tell mojo that, he still thinks it represents the highs and lows of real football lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dont tell mojo that, he still thinks it represents the highs and lows of real football lol

Only in so much as the Beano is an accurate reflection of every day school life.....:D
  • Options
    mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No, that's not what I said. I think it's representative of the psychology of the player, and how you react to circumstances in game. These reactions have a compounding effect, so if things start going against you they continue to do so because you play differently. Same thing happens for the other guy; someone who's lost 4-0 three times running gave up at 2-0; yet this time they're 1-0 up and have a chance so they play their heart out to close out the win.

But, to take real life for a second, would you explain away upsets in FA Cup matches, for example, as scripting? When Man Utd play Exeter and have umpteen chances, hitting the bar, the ball falling to the defender each time, can't quite put one home, then thump them 5-0 on replay? Scripting, no? Or what about when Spurs played Newcastle last year, lost 1-0 whilst having 31 shots? Everything fell to Krul or a defender that day, yet the one real chance Newcastle had it went in. Yet in the reverse fixture at SJP they smashed Newcastle 0-4. Scripting? If you'd played that game on FIFA you'd have said it was definite proof of a pre-judged result. But it happens, it's what makes the sport great. It's what gives the FA Cup the drama; every dog has its day. It isn't because the players have been paid-off to throw the game, like you'd believe.

If you want to believe in scripting (as you so desperately do), you'll find enough "evidence" to prove whatever you want to, and ignore everything else. Like reason, proof, facts...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mojobrew wrote: »
    No, that's not what I said. I think it's representative of the psychology of the player, and how you react to circumstances in game. These reactions have a compounding effect, so if things start going against you they continue to do so because you play differently. Same thing happens for the other guy; someone who's lost 4-0 three times running gave up at 2-0; yet this time they're 1-0 up and have a chance so they play their heart out to close out the win.

But, to take real life for a second, would you explain away upsets in FA Cup matches, for example, as scripting? When Man Utd play Exeter and have umpteen chances, hitting the bar, the ball falling to the defender each time, can't quite put one home, then thump them 5-0 on replay? Scripting, no? Or what about when Spurs played Newcastle last year, lost 1-0 whilst having 31 shots? Everything fell to Krul or a defender that day, yet the one real chance Newcastle had it went in. Yet in the reverse fixture at SJP they smashed Newcastle 0-4. Scripting? If you'd played that game on FIFA you'd have said it was definite proof of a pre-judged result. But it happens, it's what makes the sport great. It's what gives the FA Cup the drama; every dog has its day. It isn't because the players have been paid-off to throw the game, like you'd believe.

If you want to believe in scripting (as you so desperately do), you'll find enough "evidence" to prove whatever you want to, and ignore everything else. Like reason, proof, facts...

But those incidents are few and far between in real life, the problem is the frequency that it happens in FIFA. I love FIFA but online Seasons is dodgy as hell. I'm not a fan of calling it scripting as I believe that word is a bit misleading but I do believe that there's often something else going on and the game is on one teams side. This is why I stopped playing Seasons and just played Head to Head on 14, the Head to Head games were fine, no scripting or whatever you want to call it, 99% of the time, the team that deserved to win won, if you played well you won. Seasons is awful for it though, there were a few times I even sent a message to my opposition apologising for winning because the game obviously gave everything in my favour. It'd always be games towards the end of the season that'd go against you, you'd win the first few easily and then as soon as you needed a win for promotion you'd go on a terrible run where nothing would go your way. There's various things it does, super keepers, tackles always going to the opposition, you tap shoot and it reacts like you've held it down for ages, players being slow and sluggish, every pass going astray, dodgy referees, hitting the post about 10 times in a game etc etc. Seasons is the same on FIFA 15 but the match lobby games are fine, it's just really annoying that you have to use the lobbies as they are so slow and everyone just picks boring 5* teams. I can't decide which is least annoying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only in so much as the Beano is an accurate reflection of every day school life.....:D

lol too late!:D

well said jambo, i think some people misunderstand what such incidents are called upsets in the first place.

because they dont happen all the damn time!!!!!!!
    It'd always be games towards the end of the season that'd go against you, you'd win the first few easily and then as soon as you needed a win for promotion you'd go on a terrible run where nothing would go your way. There's various things it does, super keepers, tackles always going to the opposition, you tap shoot and it reacts like you've held it down for ages, players being slow and sluggish, every pass going astray, dodgy referees, hitting the post about 10 times in a game etc etc

i said this earlier and so have others. i am sure its a coincidence and we are ALL just looking for excuses though....
  • Options
    homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Fifa online for me is so frustrating so i dont play online anymore. I play my friends and struggle but play em in person and they get mauled.
  • Options
    mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In real football you get a game a week; on FIFA you play 20 in a night. Of course it's going to happen more often in a video game.

Especially as it's one person controlling the whole team. If one real player has a stinker the team doesn't necessarily suffer, but if you do you're controlling everyone so the whole team collectively has a stinker.

Aside;
    I don't play Seasons but it certainly sounds like you get matched with harder opponents towards the crucial games, which would explain why you find those games so much harder, as though everything's stacked against you; you're just playing against better opponents. Also, the psych effects I spoke about earlier are magnified from both your knowledge of the importance of the game and your expectation that the game is going to cheat you somehow. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was one of the first people to start the talk of FIFA15 scripting in this thread and I have to say I'm starting to doubt its existence

I'm started to look at it objectively and most of the time when I'm losing its either because the other player is better or because I'm just messing up after I go behind and chasing the game, are there games where I question decisions of course there are but that doesn't mean the whole game was against me

Look at the Liverpool game at the weekend, QPR dominated and lost because of two incredibly random and unlucky own goals, was the scripting against them in that match, they did everything better and lost