Kevin O'Sullivan's Opinion On Eastenders Lola/Lexi/Phil Storyline

ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
Forum Member
✭✭
Couldnt have put it better myself ;)
From TV Critic Kevin O'Sullivan in Sunday Mirror:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-reviews/kevin-osullivan-eastenders-gogglebox-heading-1753323

Comments

• Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Lol pretty spot on.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Spot on indeed but not just about the Lola / Lexi / Phil fiasco of a story line but the whole mess that the show is in at the moment.
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ha! Spot on.
  • Doctor BenchDoctor Bench Posts: 4,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't have put it better myself.
  • RuthStarRuthStar Posts: 5,729
    Forum Member
    Haha, don't agree about the Ian/Denise stuff, but hes spot on, with the Lexi/Phil/Lola stuff, just when you think its over, It keeps going...on and on, and on.. So very tedious..
  • amelie74amelie74 Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    To some extent all soaps stretch credibility but this storyline was a stretch too far. Someone with Phil's history would never be given custody of a baby and Sharon wouldn't neglect her own son to be at Phil's beck and call over Lexi. I'm not bothered about the Ian/Denise storyline they're both lonely and it's not too much of a stretch to see this drawing them together - at least for a while.
  • AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    Kevin O'Sullivan slagging off EE never? Not sure why this is any different to what he writes every week about EE. And has done so for years.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very good article.

Phil would never in a million years have got custody of Lexi in real life. He's been in prison and has had all kinds of run ins with the law.
    Forum Member
    I just can not stand the homophobic idiot
  • dulliredullire Posts: 20,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kevin O'Sullivan slagging off EE never? Not sure why this is any different to what he writes every week about EE. And has done so for years.

Agree thankfully they don't include his mind numbing 'articles' in the Irish Daily Mirror any more :D

Has he ever said a positive word about any show?:rolleyes:
  • hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with everything he said, infact theres a lot of other things about the show he could of mentioned aswell:sleep:.
    Forum Member
    dullagj2 wrote: »
    Agree thankfully they don't include his mind numbing 'articles' in the Irish Daily Mirror any more :D

Has he ever said a positive word about any show?:rolleyes:

No he is relegated to the Sunday Mirror only but still a bigoted idiot. I am sure lots of praising him and his ego for his "article" personally I have no desire to praise a bigot.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    Couldnt have put it better myself ;)
    From TV Critic Kevin O'Sullivan in Sunday Mirror:
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-reviews/kevin-osullivan-eastenders-gogglebox-heading-1753323

Never heard of him but he's spot on about the Lexi custody saga. Still it's only what many have been saying on here all along.
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's hard to disagree with the review. The storyline is unrealistic. Interesting he picks up on ''Mother of the Year'' Sharon because that's a very valid point. Making Sharon a mother is one of the worst decisions the writers ever made and I think they've now realized that. Being a mother just doesn't work for a character who thrives on drama and is at her best when in the thick of it. No offence to Letitia, who I think is a good actress, but the scenes with Denny are stilted and awkward. I happily forget Denny exists and it's only when Father of the Year Jack mentions him that I'm reminded. Sharon's involvement with Lexi would make much more sense if Denny didn't exist. No mother would neglect her own child for the sake of another woman's.

In defence of the storyline, most of this week was enjoyable with Thursday's episode being fantastic. Of course that doesn't excuse the poor research and expected suspension of disbelief.
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,936
    Forum Member
    I completely disagree that its far from unreliatic. Its the most realistic story going on atm!

The only part of it thats unrealistic is phil getting custody and sharon telling phil to stop what hes doing - both things wouldnt happen irl
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,279
    Forum Member
    He's an Idiot. The thing with Kevin he seems to have something against EastEnders (Fair enough) and also likes to make Digs at the BBC but he leaves all the facts at the door. His Articles fit his Opinion only.
    Like 'May day' on BBC1 he didn't like it and claimed the final episode got 3million when in fact it grabbed 4.5m
    Ditto
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,279
    Forum Member
    Kevin O'Sullivan is the Sunday Mirror's TV columnist and all round great guy. everybody loves him.

From His Twitter. Big Headed Idiot:rolleyes:
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree about the Phil/Lexi crap but not Ian/Denise it is the only interesting thing on the show atm.

He sounds like a moaner though.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No he is relegated to the Sunday Mirror only but still a bigoted idiot. I am sure lots of praising him and his ego for his "article" personally I have no desire to praise a bigot.

Do you know what a bigot actually is? :confused:

Seems like some posters have taken against him because he dares to criticise Eastenders.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When he's right, he's right.

Semi-gay son :D
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He actually has a point about Ian/Denise too. Why have they tackled this storyline like an episode of a bad sitcom? That in itself is ridiculous. Is there supposed to be something funny about 2 lonely 40 somethings finding love? I wouldn't have gone about this storyline in that way. If this relationship flops then it's curtains for Denise. She's hanging on by a thread as it is.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its more about too opposites who you never really put together finding common ground, I see no reason for it too flop, both of them are decent enough characters and actors to pull it off the only thing that will let is down is poorly structured writing and ridiculous affair and marriage storylines plowed right in before the relationship even gets started.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Can someone explain to me why Kevin O'Sullivan is a bigot?
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member

I don't know anything about the journalist and have never read The Mirror but that piece is spot on. It's not about praising the journalist as though the article is spot on it's hardly worthy for competing for a Pulitzer Prize. What about the article is wrong :confused:
    I completely disagree that its far from unreliatic. Its the most realistic story going on atm!

The only part of it thats unrealistic is phil getting custody and sharon telling phil to stop what hes doing - both things wouldnt happen irl

:D the only unrealistic part is the part the journalist is criticising so you agree with the journalist and so do I :cool:
    He actually has a point about Ian/Denise too. Why have they tackled this storyline like an episode of a bad sitcom? That in itself is ridiculous. Is there supposed to be something funny about 2 lonely 40 somethings finding love? I wouldn't have gone about this storyline in that way. If this relationship flops then it's curtains for Denise. She's hanging on by a thread as it is.

I agree and this 'The entire agoraphobic community (they never leave their postcode) is littered with losers the scriptwriters have no idea what *do with. So they chuck the ridiculous Denise Fox together with the even more ridiculous Ian Beale ' sums up how bad EE is at the moment.
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know anything about the journalist and have never read The Mirror but that piece is spot on. It's not about praising the journalist as though the article is spot on it's hardly worthy for competing for a Pulitzer Prize. What about the article is wrong :confused:

:D the only unrealistic part is the part the journalist is criticising so you agree with the journalist and so do I :cool:

I agree and this 'The entire agoraphobic community (they never leave their postcode) is littered with losers the scriptwriters have no idea what *do with. So they chuck the ridiculous Denise Fox together with the even more ridiculous Ian Beale ' sums up how bad EE is at the moment.

Absolutely!