The Graham Norton Show - Series 14 (Merged)

Callum_BrownCallum_Brown Posts: 745
Forum Member
✭✭
Graham's back next week (11th October)! Brilliant guests too:

Week 1 (11th Oct): Harrison Ford, Benedict Cumberbatch, Jack Whitehall and James Blunt.

Week 2 (18th Oct): Natalie Portman, Katy Perry, James Corden and Paul McCartney.

Who'll be second or even third chair in Week 2?! I'm guessing one will have to be brought out halfway through.

Also, what do you think the chances are he'll get Jennifer Lawrence on to promote the Hunger Games? I bet that'll be a hoot.

Comments

• lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Graham's back next week (11th October)! Brilliant guests too:

Week 1 (11th Oct): Harrison Ford, Benedict Cumberbatch, Jack Whitehall and James Blunt.

Week 2 (18th Oct): Natalie Portman, Katy Perry, James Corden and Paul McCartney.

Who'll be second or even third chair in Week 2?! I'm guessing one will have to be brought out halfway through.

Also, what do you think the chances are he'll get Jennifer Lawrence on to promote the Hunger Games? I bet that'll be a hoot.

Looking as the first two programmes could be ruined by the 'comedian' guest.
  • Callum_BrownCallum_Brown Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    Looking as the first two programmes could be ruined by the 'comedian' guest.

Yeah, Jack Whitehall completely took over the Helena Bonham Carter episode, we all know he's only got a career because of his showbiz Dad. Hopefully Corden gets brought on towards the end.

They experimented earlier on in the year with having no 'comedian' such as the Richard Gere, Jude Law/Judi Dench/ and Will Smith/Michael Douglas episodes. All of those were great episodes tbh, much better than when Ed Byrne just gets stuck on the end for no reason.
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    has he ever had Harrson Ford on ?

Ford is notoriously tricky , often just won't answer anything .
  • JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,659
    Forum Member
    Natalie Portman and Katy Perry on the same show? That might overtake the one with Perry and Anna Kournikova in terms of good looking sofas.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    It'd be the perfect chance to get Jen, I think the show is right up her ally.
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joooe wrote: »
    Natalie Portman and Katy Perry on the same show? That might overtake the one with Perry and Anna Kournikova in terms of good looking sofas.

And the one with Katy Perry and Cheryl Cole.
  • BluejuBlueju Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, Jack Whitehall completely took over the Helena Bonham Carter episode, we all know he's only got a career because of his showbiz Dad. Hopefully Corden gets brought on towards the end.

They experimented earlier on in the year with having no 'comedian' such as the Richard Gere, Jude Law/Judi Dench/ and Will Smith/Michael Douglas episodes. All of those were great episodes tbh, much better than when Ed Byrne just gets stuck on the end for no reason.

Very much agree. An awful lot of the comedian guests try to do their routine and don't have an 'off' switch. Whitehall is especially like that rather and Peter Kaye, who although much funnier than Whitehall, never knows when to give way.
  • samusek2samusek2 Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are also taping an episode in between the two, early in the second week, which will probably be the Christmas episode. If any finds out who's on that, that would be cool. :)

I'm sure that James Blunt and Sir Paul will come out at the end. Maybe Paul will come out a bit earlier. I think that it will be exactly like above (seating wise).

Ford, Cumberbatch, Whitehall /Portman, Perry,Corden

As someone said, Harrison Ford will be a bit tricky, so I am glad that he's on this show and may get rescued by Cumberbatch.

How long does this series go until? Just out of curiosity, when does Wossy start up? I have heard nothing about him yet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joooe wrote: »

Any "good looking sofa" can only be improved by the removal of Katy Perry
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    samusek2 wrote: »
    They are also taping an episode in between the two, early in the second week, which will probably be the Christmas episode. If any finds out who's on that, that would be cool. :)

I'm sure that James Blunt and Sir Paul will come out at the end. Maybe Paul will come out a bit earlier. I think that it will be exactly like above (seating wise).

As someone said, Harrison Ford will be a bit tricky, so I am glad that he's on this show and may get rescued by Cumberbatch.

How long does this series go until? Just out of curiosity, when does Wossy start up? I have heard nothing about him yet.

Usually Graham runs right up until the end of June with a 3-4 week break in March. He's got nothing to worry about in terms of guests, Wossy will carry on with Keith Lemon, Peter Andre and Jeremy Kyle that he had last series, most probably starting not long after Through the Keyhole finishes.
  • djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hadn't seen a thread for Graham Norton's return yet, so thought I'd kick it off

Here are Friday's guests ;

Harrison Ford, Benedict Cumberbatch, Jack Whitehall and James Blunt.

Looking forward to what sounds like an excellent line up!
  • Dub2Dub2 Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I`ve missed Graham. Friday nights just aren`t the same when his show is off air.

Guaranteed laughs and positive vibe make this the most fun show on tv.
  • tinmantinman Posts: 3,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James Corden :mad:

I'm out second week
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tinman wrote: »
    James Corden :mad:

I'm out second week

One of the four is bound to be brought out halfway through. Let's hope it's Corden although I admit it's unlikely. :(
  • RickyLeeds85RickyLeeds85 Posts: 11,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    samusek2 wrote: »

wossy is back this Sat as ITV are advertising it like mad :p glad graham is back :D
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wossy is back this Sat as ITV are advertising it like mad :p glad graham is back :D

Who are JR's guests this Sat?
  • H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Who are JR's guests this Sat?

Week 1 Sandra Bullock, Tom Hanks, Cilla Black and James Arther performs his new song

Week 2 Frank Lampard, Dizzee Rascall and Julie Walters.

Plus, Dizzee Rascall performs a brand new single from his new album The Fifth.

:)
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Graham Norton is just at the top right now I think, he gets great stars on the show.

Hope we get Jennifer Lawrence or Josh Hutcherson for the Hunger Games promotion.
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    has he ever had Harrson Ford on ?

Ford is notoriously tricky , often just won't answer anything .

This.

Ford can be tricky in interviews and uncomfortable. I think he will try his best.
  • jeff_vaderjeff_vader Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Week 1 Sandra Bullock, Tom Hanks, Cilla Black and James Arther performs his new song

Damn :mad: I was really hoping Bullock would be on Norton. They're a hoot together, but I guess as she did him earlier this year perhaps she owes Ross one :D

If anyone can get Ford to smile, it's Norton.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hanks and Bullock on the same show together, you know that's going to be a good one. Definetely a must-see. Sadly the following week it takes a nosedive.

Norton does get the best guests though and is genuinely a lot funnier.
  • MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 20,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_XcX wrote: »
    Graham Norton is just at the top right now I think, he gets great stars on the show.

Hope we get Jennifer Lawrence or Josh Hutcherson for the Hunger Games promotion.

Would love to see J Law on there!. The difference in star quality between Graham's guests and Wossys is often quite noticeable.
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,737
    Forum Member

Great week 1 then all downhill from there obviously:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    25th October: Robert De Niro, Michelle Pfeiffer, Jennifer Saunders and Cher.

I can't remember seeing De Niro or Pfeiffer on any UK chat show, really impressing bookings.
  • djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

25th October: Robert De Niro, Michelle Pfeiffer, Jennifer Saunders and Cher.

I can't remember seeing De Niro or Pfeiffer on any UK chat show, really impressing bookings.

Is that line up for Graham Norton?

Frank Lampard seems like a very random guest for JR, Drogba was on GN a couple of years ago but that was to promote the FA Cup final