Options

Anyone Else Not Think It's Bullying?

Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm shocked at the amount of people who think the treatment of Jale is bullying and want Pauline and Helen removed. I seriously wonder if some people here have ever stepped outside their front door, because there's a hell of a lot of different types of people out there in the real world. Pauline for example isn't a nice person at all...she's horrible, intimidating and deluded...but the situation is not bullying. They dislike Jale and are slagging her off, being bitchy etc, blankign her now and again. It's certainly not nice, but certainly not bullying. I also can't help but wonder if this is the first series of BB that some people have watched...groups and divided form every siglge year...it's what happens when you put a group of people in a confiend space together...not everyone is going to get on. People even screamed "bullying" last year, when really it was extreme bitching and nasty things were said during arguments. In the 15 years of BB, the only times in my opinion that there was actually bullying was obviously the Jade and Shilpa Shetty situation, and the Lesley and Sam situation during BB6. In my opinion, if you seriously think that what's happening this year is bullying, then you must have thought there was bullying every other year (as we've seen far worse bitching and nastiness), in which case I can't understand why you would want to cotninue watching. Fair enough if you don't like people like Helen, Pauline and Toya (I certainly don't) and I know it's not a nice situation, but tis' certainly not bullying.

Comments

• Options
    Kasper69Kasper69 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm shocked at the amount of people who think the treatment of Jale is bullying and want Pauline and Helen removed. I seriously wonder if some people here have ever stepped outside their front door, because there's a hell of a lot of different types of people out there in the real world. Pauline for example isn't a nice person at all...she's horrible, intimidating and deluded...but the situation is not bullying. They dislike Jale and are slagging her off, being bitchy etc, blankign her now and again. It's certainly not nice, but certainly not bullying. I also can't help but wonder if this is the first series of BB that some people have watched...groups and divided form every siglge year...it's what happens when you put a group of people in a confiend space together...not everyone is going to get on. People even screamed "bullying" last year, when really it was extreme bitching and nasty things were said during arguments. In the 15 years of BB, the only times in my opinion that there was actually bullying was obviously the Jade and Shilpa Shetty situation, and the Lesley and Sam situation during BB6. In my opinion, if you seriously think that what's happening this year is bullying, then you must have thought there was bullying every other year (as we've seen far worse bitching and nastiness), in which case I can't understand why you would want to cotninue watching. Fair enough if you don't like people like Helen, Pauline and Toya (I certainly don't) and I know it's not a nice situation, but tis' certainly not bullying.

Its definitely bullying in my world.
  • Options
    JillyAJillyA Posts: 2,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What would they have to actually do for you to consider it to be bullying, Master Ozzy? I am not trying to clever or antagonistic I am genuinely interested as to what you think would constitute bullying if their current behaviour does not.

In my opinion excluding a person, making them feel left out or uncomfortable and calling them names is a form of bullying. When that person says it is easier to just keep away from a group because of how they are treated when they join it surely that is the most basic form of bullying as that group are intentionally trying to make that person feel that way.
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they're trying to bully her but failing. Miserably.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    It is bullying and I have been bullied to the point where I was kicked in the back so bad I had to go to hospital and had to use a wheelchair for a while
  • Options
    B L ZeebubB L Zeebub Posts: 9,134
    Forum Member
    It's hard to think of a more obvious form of bullying.
  • Options
    GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,495
    Forum Member
    I get annoyed at the overuse of the B word on BB but the ammount of hostility shown towards Jale by one group for this long can only be described as bullying. BB knows what will happen to Pauline on friday and hopefully won't have to intervene.
  • Options
    chavetchavet Posts: 2,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you checked what bullying is defined as, or are you just going on what you call it?
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since the Shilpa era each year this forum latches on to a victim housemate to put on a pedestal.

They don't like her which is not the same of bullying and she isn't likable anyway.

This forum always try's to turn the show back to the bb1-bb4 era where everything was quite nice
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    Of course it's bullying.

I'm struggling to understand why people are adamantly maintaining it isn't. What constitutes bullying exactly?

Sorry I've posted this on another thread but I think it's useful.

Verbal Adult Bully: Words can be quite damaging. Adult bullies who use this type of tactic may start rumors about the victim, or use sarcastic or demeaning language to dominate or humiliate another person. This subtle type of bullying also has the advantage - to the bully - of being difficult to document. However, the emotional and psychological impacts of verbal bullying can be felt quite keenly and can result in reduced job performance and even depression.
    Secondary Adult Bully: This is someone who does not initiate the bullying, but joins in so that he or she does not actually become a victim down the road. Secondary bullies may feel bad about what they are doing, but are more concerned about protecting themselves.
  • Options
    Teo DollTeo Doll Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    I don't usually think it's bullying, mostly just bitching and arguing but whenever someone is ostracized from the group by a pack then it's bullying. This I think has only ever happened three times, Shabaz, Freddie and Jale.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Since the Shilpa era each year this forum latches on to a victim housemate to put on a pedestal.

They don't like her which is not the same of bullying and she isn't likable anyway.

This forum always try's to turn the show back to the bb1-bb4 era where everything was quite nice

What I'm getting from your post is - You don't like Jale; therefore, she is not being bullied.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Of course it's bullying.

I'm struggling to understand why people are adamantly maintaining it isn't. What constitutes bullying exactly?

Verbal Adult Bully: Words can be quite damaging. Adult bullies who use this type of tactic may start rumors about the victim, or use sarcastic or demeaning language to dominate or humiliate another person. This subtle type of bullying also has the advantage - to the bully - of being difficult to document. However, the emotional and psychological impacts of verbal bullying can be felt quite keenly and can result in reduced job performance and even depression.
    Secondary Adult Bully: This is someone who does not initiate the bullying, but joins in so that he or she does not actually become a victim down the road. Secondary bullies may feel bad about what they are doing, but are more concerned about protecting themselves.

That, basically, describes the whole show!
  • Options
    jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Helen, especially is picking on Jale and isolating her and to me that is bullying.
  • Options
    BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Call it what you will, the fact is they are being downright mean and nasty to Jale for example.

I do however think it is emotional bullying and in all honesty they should be ashamed of their behaviour.

:)
  • Options
    Cat-Cat- Posts: 7,612
    Forum Member
    If you seen footage of Jale sobbing her heart out or taking some kind of breakdown, would you then think it was bullying? The fact that she hasn't doesn't excuse their behaviour towards her and if what they're doing doesn't constitute bullying, it's certainly not easing up or getting any better for Jale.
  • Options
    JanisElizabethJanisElizabeth Posts: 12,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm shocked that you DON'T think it's bullying. I generally don't agree with most of the "bullying" allegations on this forum but I have to say that the behaviour towards and treatment of Jale by the majority of the other housemates to me can be described as nothing less than bullying.
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »

I actually don't think one single person has put her on a pedestal. I don't think anyone has even seen a hint of the real Jale in order to make a decision. She has been stifled from day one.

The fact that you say she's unlikeable explains your responses perfectly. Why exactly do you think she's unlikeable? I think given half a chance she could be a very amusing/entertaining housemate - from the little I've seen she does have a very dry sense of humour.

Not necessarily winner material - I've not got her on a pedestal but ....it's early days.

I've seen plenty of behaviour and people that I don't like. I'm gobsmacked that some of them are more than happy to showcase the really nasty and unpleasant side of their personalities - it's like their proud of it. Very strange:confused:
  • Options
    Dutch MarleneDutch Marlene Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like others I have been annoyed quite a few times when the word bullying was thrown around on this forum over the years. This time though I do agree this is bullying.

They do not only dislike her but they also try to make their friends not talk to her, trying very hard for her to not have anyone.

You see she even has to tell some people they do not have to sit with her, knowing that if they are too nice to jale they might be also the target of the 2 witches.

It is obvious also to me that most of them are scared of Pauline. They will not admit to it but they do not want to be her next target.

She will (and does) overpower you just by repeating something constantly and not letting others finish.

Helen (do other people there know she is a hooker?) I did not, :o Helen is a bit better at least she can admit she is at fault but apparently she does not learn from her mistakes which is also hard to watch. She was so mean and I hate what they did to wasp with the boring, o so boring.

They love feeling like they are not alone, being in a group and that is called bullying. a
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,334
    Forum Member
    Listen, I've BEEN there! What's happening in there is bullying. Believe me, I am in a position to know!!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,801
    Forum Member
    Paragraphs are your friend, and if it's not bullying then what is it? How would you describe it, other than "not nice"?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course it's bullying.

SPOT ON!
  • Options
    Dutch MarleneDutch Marlene Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this a troll post? Starting a discussion of which you know people will be emotional about and then just watch it unfold.

Happy now?
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely bullying in my world. No matter what Jale is like, she doesn't deserve the treatment she is getting. Ostracising, ignoring, name calling, picking arguments etc.

Pauline is intimidating everybody in the house. If Jale wasn't there, she'd pick somebody else.
  • Options
    Cat-Cat- Posts: 7,612
    Forum Member
    I actually don't think one single person has put her on a pedestal. I don't think anyone has even seen a hint of the real Jale in order to make a decision. She has been stifled from day one.

The fact that you say she's unlikeable explains your responses perfectly. Why exactly do you think she's unlikeable? I think given half a chance she could be a very amusing/entertaining housemate - from the little I've seen she does have a very dry sense of humour.

Not necessarily winner material - I've not got her on a pedestal but ....it's early days.

I've seen plenty of behaviour and people that I don't like. I'm gobsmacked that some of them are more than happy to showcase the really nasty and unpleasant side of their personalities - it's like their proud of it. Very strange:confused:

+1. Good post
  • Options
    planetmattplanetmatt Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The bullying claims are offensive to anyone who has actually been bullied.

These are all adults. Adults that are free to leave BB at any time and monitored 24/7. They have access to a security team and psychologists as well as the Diary Room as a time out safe zone.

They are not emotional and physically undeveloped children trapped in a school they cannot leave and surrounded by hundreds of potential aggressors with minimal supervision and whose safe zone might be a lockable toilet cubicle if they're lucky.

It's Big Brother, not Butlins. Suck it up Buttercups, you're not earning £100,000 for sunbathing.