Options

Soooo - a switch in editing - who'd have thunk it?

Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
Forum Member
So there has been criticism of Gary being ostracised and left out and tonight we see him being included. Do you think this is a new thing or have they been spinning a 'poor Gary' story?

Comments

• Options
    MiniMeTooMiniMeToo Posts: 17,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So there has been criticism of Gary being ostracised and left out and tonight we see him being included. Do you think this is a new thing or have they been spinning a 'poor Gary' story?

it's a new thing, they have a brain damage charity after them now..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Surely it shows that he's not been as ostracised as it's been portrayed.

Most of them seemed to be spending time with him and he seemed included in most of the goings on.

I can't imagine that it's anything new - why has it been depicted so negatively?
  • Options
    NaughtyNanNaughtyNan Posts: 9,445
    Forum Member
    Well considering how many have been warned it's no surprise really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    NaughtyNan wrote: »
    Well considering how many have been warned it's no surprise really.

Only one surely .....Stephanie.
  • Options
    NosaerNosaer Posts: 3,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think there have been a few chats behind the scenes, behaviour has definitely changed towards Gary, the live feed the other night was despicable.
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It shows nothing of the sort.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nosaer wrote: »
    I think there have been a few chats behind the scenes, behaviour has definitely changed towards Gary, the live feed the other night was despicable.

Was that truly representative though?

It was immediately after face to face nominations and Stephanie/James conversation re Audley. There was a lot of tension in the house - not really a 'typical' evening I'd have thought.
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not just the thing of being ostracised and left out though, is it. There's James's special measures version of "educating" Gary and the sniggering and snide comments about him.
    We saw new vid of that today.
    It looks like BB has chosen to show Audley (who has always been ok with Gary) and now George (one of the crass sniggerers) actually behaving decently with Gary.
  • Options
    NaughtyNanNaughtyNan Posts: 9,445
    Forum Member

James was indirectly warned first, even those who weren't warned are going to curb their behaviour once they realised others were warned.
  • Options
    BabelBrookBabelBrook Posts: 12,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally I think it is appalling that they show James and Gary having a laugh and a bit of fun.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

James was told off as well last week
  • Options
    neversaydieneversaydie Posts: 1,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was that truly representative though?

It was immediately after face to face nominations and Stephanie/James conversation re Audley. There was a lot of tension in the house - not really a 'typical' evening I'd have thought.
    Well after Adele told Gary he was loved outside and they only boo the villains they are putting 2 +2 together more like.
  • Options
    patricia50patricia50 Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A brain injury charity are not very happy with channel 5 and Gary's treatment so that's probably why the change.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Leslie also said he had a lot of warnings too. BB showed hms ... Leslie, Stephanie and James ... behaving in a nasty and offensive way to Gary. They have been warned and have toned it down. Apart from James as he is just a walking talking contradiction.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably setting him up for a win
  • Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member

Most of them seemed to be spending time with him and he seemed included in most of the goings on.

I can't imagine that it's anything new - why has it been depicted so negatively?

You keep telling yourself that Penny! :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You keep telling yourself that Penny! :D:D

I will. I'm quite able to recognise how BB likes to create heroes/villains/victims - how they build them up and knock them down.

I think after seeing the interaction on tonights HL show this has always been the case but the storyline has been 'victim'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    patricia50 wrote: »
    A brain injury charity are not very happy with channel 5 and Gary's treatment so that's probably why the change.

What have the HM's been reading the papers or have BB decided to show what's really going on and that he's not been as ostracised as they were 'creating'?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    NaughtyNan wrote: »
    James was indirectly warned first, even those who weren't warned are going to curb their behaviour once they realised others were warned.

That is your interpretation.

BB are not backwards in coming forwards with the warnings as we saw in the case of Audley. If they'd felt it necessary to warn James I'm sure they would have.
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've been spoken to by BB and heard the cheers for Gary. Doesn't take a genius to work out why they're all being a bit nicer towards him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Veri wrote: »
    It shows nothing of the sort.

So he wasn't being included with everyone else tonight and that was what they chose to show?
  • Options
    BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They've been spoken to by BB and heard the cheers for Gary. Doesn't take a genius to work out why they're all being a bit nicer towards him.

Yes, I have a notion they've had a little talking to about their treatment of Gary. About time too.

It made far better viewing seeing him included a bit more tonight. Then blow me, the others kick off between themselves LOL!

:)
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BlueStreak wrote: »
    Yes, I have a notion they've had a little talking to about their treatment of Gary. About time too.

It made far better viewing seeing him included a bit more tonight. Then blow me, the others kick off between themselves LOL!

:)

Just can't behave themselves can they :p
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    I will. I'm quite able to recognise how BB likes to create heroes/villains/victims - how they build them up and knock them down.

I think after seeing the interaction on tonights HL show this has always been the case but the storyline has been 'victim'.

I do agree Penny that BB these days seems to like to craft a fairly straight forward polarised narrative. I am also conscious that in previous shows the narrative seemingly will run one way for a bit and then switch around.

I can't say I have noticed the tide turn in tonight's show but if I am really honest I struggled to pay attention tonight. My mind started to wander during the dummy task and even though I watched again on plus 1, determined to pay attention, I am afraid I zoned out again.
  • Options
    BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just can't behave themselves can they :p

Nope. As one mouth closes another mouth opens LOL!

;-)