Surrey DAB

madmillermadmiller Posts: 259
Forum Member
Rescanned the DAB radio this morning and found that we can now receive Eagle ,
BBC Surrey and Redstone in Berkshire near Camberley :)

Comments

• ChelmsfordNickChelmsfordNick Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    That's interesting, madmiller, as my `Surrey' DAB reception has dropped off significantly over the last couple of days. Used to get this multiplex no problem.

I'm in Chelmsford so perhaps the transmission signal has moved round to the West which might explain why you are now getting it.

According to a coverage map I looked at yesterday (I think via `radionow' website?) the signal from Crystal Palace doesn't put out much signal to the North, and the Guildford and Reigate transmitters were also out of range. So I'm not sure how I was ever getting it anyway :confused:
  • vinnielovinnielo Posts: 8,357
    Forum Member
    Hungry Hill must have got switched on, then.
    This now provides some nice local DAB coverage down the M3.

Meanwhile in Devon, there's now better local DAB coverage in Teignmouth, Barnstaple and Okehampton.
  • madmillermadmiller Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    seems a bit strange that there are only three stations on the new transmitter .
  • vinnielovinnielo Posts: 8,357
    Forum Member
    madmiller wrote: »
    Should be 5, soon to be 6.
  • Mark CMark C Posts: 20,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vinnielo wrote: »
    Hungry Hill must have got switched on, then.
    This now provides some nice local DAB coverage down the M3.

Meanwhile in Devon, there's now better local DAB coverage in Teignmouth, Barnstaple and Okehampton.

On the Devon/Dorset border both Lyme Regis and Beer now have DAB Tx aerials on the existing Arqiva masts, no service active yet though. However, Alton (Hampshire) is now switched on for BBC DAB
  • RidgiemanRidgieman Posts: 1,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vinnielo wrote: »
    Should be 5, soon to be 6.

I think there should be Eagle, Eagle 3, BBC Surrey, Redstone Fm and Sunrise at the moment.
  • Ian_ScottIan_Scott Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    madmiller wrote: »

Who is missing from the new transmitters?
  • hanssolohanssolo Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noticed an update with the 2 new txs and "trash can radio" in test mode till the end of the month.
    http://www.muxco.com/blog/2014/10/24/more-surrey-south-london-changes/
  • Gerry1Gerry1 Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hanssolo wrote: »
    Noticed an update with the 2 new txs and "trash can radio" in test mode till the end of the month.
    http://www.muxco.com/blog/2014/10/24/more-surrey-south-london-changes/
    No sign of it at the moment.

Perhaps it's in glorious DAB+ stereo ? :)
  • Andynewar@aol.cAndynewar@aol.c Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    I note from Muxco's phase 2 coverage map that Cranleigh and Ewhurst are included following the addition of Hungry Hill & Stoke D'abernon. Can someone confirm as Surrey Mux was weak when I last visited the area in September.