Poor likkle Russell Brand a load of ball bags?

2»

Comments

• karapote monkeykarapote monkey Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know what the thread title means? I just don't understand the question. :-/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    More people are likely to listen to a rich, famous man sticking up for the rights of the poor, than they are to a poor, nameless man who's opinion isn't reported on at all. He's just using his current station in life to try to help others, or to highlight inequality in today's society. If he was a beggar on the street making these same, valid points, no one would listen, they would discard him as a useless, ranting, homeless bum. Ironic isn't it?
  • denial_orstupiddenial_orstupid Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tony-w wrote: »
    1. He is an ex heroin addict and that is FACT - so how exactly is that statement claptrap?

2. Just because Brand uses ostentatious, pretentious, highfaluting, extravagant & grandiose words in his 'comedy' does not make him intelligent, it merely shows he owns a Thesaurus.

3. He is in the same clique as Stephen Fry & Richard Osman, People assume Fry is intelligent because he reads a teleprompter on QI and Richard Osman because he uses Google on Pointless
    :D

If you are somehow impressed by the use of language and find this entertaining & comedy gold, enjoy it.
    But do not state what I have posted as 'claptrap', Brand WAS a heroin junkie and has even talked about it himself!

I know he was a heroin addict but he hasn't touched it for 14 years .
    I also said the reason i find him intelligent is because his youtube channel but of course you completely ignore that as you would rather spout your rubbish due to your dislike of him. Dont let your bitterness get in the way of the truth .
    And as for bringing Stephen fry into it , well now i know you're talking out the rectum :D
    codswallop of the highest order !
  • tony-wtony-w Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    With a username of denial_orstupid, how fitting :D
  • denial_orstupiddenial_orstupid Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tony-w wrote: »
    With a username of denial_orstupid, how fitting :D

If that is the kind of humour you find funny then its no wonder you don't get Russell Brands style.
    It is far far too complicated for little minds , I am betting you think farts and burps hilarious don't you .
    Yes i know the type .
  • tony-wtony-w Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    Oh behave yourself you pretentious ****!
    I am too 'retarded' to get Russell Brand's humour, Yes, that's right of course.

Just because I am not impressed by wordplay does not make me a fan of Leigh Francis or ITV2 'humour'.

I know your type, an insignificant person who believes they are 'superior' because they listen to Radio 4 or watch Newsnight and have a degree in media studies...Yawn!
  • Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So as this film thing isnt out yet, the judgments are based on our ideas on the man. It is an interesting approach to judge as yet unseen ideas on preconceptions on those who are involved in them.

Ironically, that is how stupid people work.

Once its out, then discuss if you think it has a point or is utter crap.
  • QueeniepopsQueeniepops Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tal'shiar wrote: »
    So as this film thing isnt out yet, the judgments are based on our ideas on the man. It is an interesting approach to judge as yet unseen ideas on preconceptions on those who are involved in them.

Ironically, that is how stupid people work.

Once its out, then discuss if you think it has a point or is utter crap.

Sssh, it's gone so quiet hasn't it......
  • AligatorCatAligatorCat Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Umm. I refer you to newsnight in which he lost his argument rather quickly. Preferring to say "yeah mate" a lot, using ambiguous words and saying something else about "we ordinary people don't have as much money as the politicians".

Again, ummm. *rushes off to see whether the kettle and pot are black*.
  • ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone see Brand on news night last night? I like the guys passion but I think he could be in danger of becoming a laughing stock, I don't really get what his aim is. His problem is that he is tackling such a vast subject he is open for a lot of questioning and he becomes very defensive, almost childlike.

I like that someone of celebrity status is talking about this stuff rather than George Clooney's wedding though. I don't see the problem with him speaking for the people even though his is wealthy, by that reasoning no one above a certain earning capacity can speak for the masses. He comes across as someone trying to find a voice, I'm sure in ten years he will probably look back and see how daft he looked at times but I personally hope he finds that voice. Its not a bad thing he is doing?
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,814
    Forum Member
    Apparently this twerp was complaining the BBC weren't reporting certain stories and which broadcaster has was reporting these so called stories...the BBC and who reported his claim....the BBC on Newsnight and the Today programme...the man's a plank.

What he means is a rich exploitative individual he wants to dictate to others what they should be watching...him for 24 hours a day...what next we must hang his photo in our homes & offices?

So what those this extremely wealthy man of the people do yesterday that confirms he is one of us, he sits in the VIP area at a premier league football watching blokes being paid in one week 4-5 times the annual salary of the average person.

And because he's a wealth celeb he gets backstage to congratulate a team manager, I can't imagine security allowing members of the public into the dressing room area, maybe he's doing it to show how those privileged classes are treated compared to ordinary folk.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    Apparently this twerp was complaining the BBC weren't reporting certain stories and which broadcaster has was reporting these so called stories...the BBC and who reported his claim....the BBC on Newsnight and the Today programme...the man's a plank.

What he means is a rich exploitative individual he wants to dictate to others what they should be watching...him for 24 hours a day...what next we must hang his photo in our homes & offices?

So what those this extremely wealthy man of the people do yesterday that confirms he is one of us, he sits in the VIP area at a premier league football watching blokes being paid in one week 4-5 times the annual salary of the average person.

And because he's a wealth celeb he gets backstage to congratulate a team manager, I can't imagine security allowing members of the public into the dressing room area, maybe he's doing it to show how those privileged classes are treated compared to ordinary folk.

BIB - seriously?? I have several mates who were in a VIP box at West Ham yesterday. Does that mean they're not 'one of us' either? I've even been in a VIP box before so maybe I'm not one of us.

Yes, you think he's a tw*t, we get it but the tenuous ways to discredit him are ridiculous. He's a well known fan of a football club who is allowed to meet the players and manager, so what? That now means his opinion is invalid does it? Jeez, get a grip
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    BIB - seriously?? I have several mates who were in a VIP box at West Ham yesterday. Does that mean they're not 'one of us' either? I've even been in a VIP box before so maybe I'm not one of us.

Yes, you think he's a tw*t, we get it but the tenuous ways to discredit him are ridiculous. He's a well known fan of a football club who is allowed to meet the players and manager, so what? That now means his opinion is invalid does it? Jeez, get a grip

Oh get over it, the man is an idiot if he didn't use long words and wasn't on TV or well known his opinions would be ignored and laughed at. It's his pretence of being 'one of us' that is the joke, the very thing he objects to he is doing, I doubt he ensures the staff at theatres he performs at get an ample share of his wealth, that's why he employs a business manager to ensure Brand gets a disproportionate share of the income.

But because he's an comedian, he regards himself different to owners or bosses of companies...he is no different, he will exploit others who need to work just to put food on the table...and they should bow with thanks for the pennies he throws their way?
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh get over it, the man is an idiot if he didn't use long words and wasn't on TV or well known his opinions would be ignored and laughed at. It's his pretence of being 'one of us' that is the joke, the very thing he objects to he is doing, I doubt he ensures the staff at theatres he performs at get an ample share of his wealth, that's why he employs a business manager to ensure Brand gets a disproportionate share of the income.

But because he's an comedian, he regards himself different to owners or bosses of companies...he is no different, he will exploit others who need to work just to put food on the table...and they should bow with thanks for the pennies he throws their way?

:D:D:D

Keep drinking those pints of bitter mate and convince yourself you've actually got a point.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,761
    Forum Member
    How does Russell Brand think he came wealthy other than exploiting the other 99% through higher food bills to pay for his TV appearances.

I'm confused. How is Russell to blame for higher food bills? And how do they pay for his TV appearances?
    Forum Member
    How does Russell Brand think he came wealthy other than exploiting the other 99% through higher food bills to pay for his TV appearances.

I'm confused. How is Russell to blame for higher food bills? And how do they pay for his TV appearances?

Most of his work has been on Channel 4 which is funded by advertising. The executives of companies don't pay for advertising with their own money. The money from advertising is how Brand is paid to appear on C4 & ITV.

Book signing request...
    Russell will be taking questions from the floor on broadcasting law, sexual health and other topics in which he is an expert. No time wasters please.

So anyone who asks an awkward question will no doubt be labelled a time waster?
  • BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Russell Brand... most of the time he strikes me as a pretentious and deeply unfunny twonk who's read a thesaurus but isn't quite sure what the root word meant in the first place (and someone who would benefit from an introduction to a tin of Ajax, a wire brush and some hot water) , but every once in a blue moon he'll write something like the utterly amazing and heartfelt appreciation he did of Amy Winehouse after her death, and I realise that there is a brain lurking in there somewhere. And then he'll go and be a complete tit again.
  • DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most of his work has been on Channel 4 which is funded by advertising. The executives of companies don't pay for advertising with their own money. The money from advertising is how Brand is paid to appear on C4 & ITV.

Brand and anyone who has ever, ever appeared on a non-BBC channel, then? They're making food more expensive?

Are you a friend of David Icke?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    St Trinians was a great film.