Options

How's this for a 50th Anniversary theory? (Don't read if you don't want it ruined)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 127
Forum Member
The 50th anniversary shows the time war (which has never been seen on TV). It shows John Hurts 'Doctor' or incarnation after McGann. Why he destroyed the time lords, Daleks etc.

The Great Intelligence also has access to the DOCTORS greatest secret, his committing the murders of all his own people, and changes it so that the time lords were never killed, the doctor didn't escape and the time war continues....

The doctor will have to stop the time war, ALL OVER AGAIN! AND... Will have Hurt's Doctor trying to stop him.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm gonna go out on a fairly sturdy limb here & declare 'Fan Fic'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sh'boobie wrote: »
    I'm gonna go out on a fairly sturdy limb here & declare 'Fan Fic'.

Why's that? I think I have stated why I believe this to be the right path.... Maybe you should do the same.
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 50th anniversary shows the time war (which has never been seen on TV). It shows John Hurts 'Doctor' or carnation after McGann. Why he destroyed the time lords, Daleks etc.

The Great Intelligence also has access to the DOCTORS greatest secret, his committing the murders of all his own people, and changes it so that the time lords were never killed, the doctor didn't escape and the time war continues....

The doctor will have to stop the time war, ALL OVER AGAIN! AND... Will have Hurt's Doctor trying to stop him.

More a theory than a spoiler...and not one others haven't already mentioned in other threads!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have stated why I believe this to be the right path....
    So you admit, it is simply your speculation - your beleif - rather than an actual 'I know this to be a cold hard fact' spoiler.

Case closed. Fan Fic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Incarnation

other wise you imply the Doctor is a plant/flower
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So you admit, it is simply your speculation - your beleif - rather than an actual 'I know this to be a cold hard fact' spoiler.

Case closed. Fan Fic.

Of course it is. I'm not Stephen Moffat. I'm also pretty sure you are not either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    RacerWelsh wrote: »
    Incarnation

other wise you imply the Doctor is a plant/flower

Typo. Thanks. :-)
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 50th anniversary shows the time war (which has never been seen on TV). It shows John Hurts 'Doctor' or carnation after McGann. Why he destroyed the time lords, Daleks etc.

Funnily enough a couple of us on another thread speculated that they may present a 'What If?' alternative view of events if the roles of John Hurt Doctor and The Doctor were reversed.
    Whether it involves the Time War or not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Funnily enough a couple of us on another thread speculated that they may present a 'What If?' alternative view of events if the roles of John Hurt Doctor and The Doctor were reversed.
    Whether it involves the Time War or not.

That's interesting. Like a parallel doctor. But would that not mean the 11th wouldn't know about him? Or potentially there could be hundreds of alternative doctors.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Typo. Thanks. :-)

one flaw in your theory - the Time Lords are not actually dead really.

They are just locked away in some time lock repeating their last few moments over and over again (bit like River in the exploding Tardis)

This occurring for some reason.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pull2Open wrote: »
    More a theory than a spoiler...and not one others haven't already mentioned in other threads!

The OP says that it's a theory. They're not claiming that it isn't.

Case closed. Fan Fic.

They didn't present it as cold hard fact.
    They probably said 'don't read if you don't want it ruined' because some people don't even like to read speculation in case it's either too close to the mark or changes their expectations.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    RacerWelsh wrote: »
    one flaw in your theory - the Time Lords are not actually dead really.

They are just locked away in some time lock repeating their last few moments over and over again (bit like River in the exploding Tardis)

This occurring for some reason.

That's a fair point. But if the GI could stop that time lock from ever happening, then that world comes back? Doesn't it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The OP says that it's a theory. They're not claiming that it isn't.

They didn't present it as cold hard fact.
    They probably said 'don't read if you don't want it ruined' because some people don't even like to read speculation in case it's either too close to the mark or changes their expectations.

Perfect. Thank you :-)

Nice to see this forum isn't turning into a complete arrogance fest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's interesting. Like a parallel doctor. But would that not mean the 11th wouldn't know about him? Or potentially there could be hundreds of alternative doctors.

Well not really. Just the Matt Smith Doctor and the John Hurt Doctor. More like how one Doctor might react in the same situation compared to the other, or the same event viewed from two different perspectives based on their respective memories of the same events.

They may play with an idea like this if the morality of who's in the right and who's in the wrong is a key theme to the story.
    Just to put the Doctor's own morality to the test.

:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well not really. Just the Matt Smith Doctor and the John Hurt Doctor. More like how one Doctor might react in the same situation compared to the other, or the same event viewed from two different perspectives based on their respective memories of the same events.

They may play with an idea like this if the morality of who's in the right and who's in the wrong is a key theme to the story.
    Just to put the Doctor's own morality to the test.

I love this theory.

I also really like the thought that the 11th says "The Doctor, it's a name you choose which is a promise you make". A doctor could be a healer or to some a saviour. It is interesting to ponder why he chose the name 'Doctor' and why Hurt's broke that promise, in other words (from my interpretation - before I get shouted at again) he's a solider and kills people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love this theory.

I also really like the thought that the 11th says "The Doctor, it's a name you choose which is a promise you make". A doctor could be a healer or to some a saviour. It is interesting to ponder why he chose the name 'Doctor' and why Hurt's broke that promise, in other words (from my interpretation - before I get shouted at again) he's a solider and kills people.

Yes. And I believe that to some, the name of The Doctor can also be seen to mean a warrior, or a destroyer of worlds. Depending on from whose perspective he's being seen from.
  • Options
    Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    OP, I think the (dont read if you don't want it ruined) bit is the problem - it sounds like you're assuming you're right when we've all got theories.

But, for the record, it's quite a plausible one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm interested as to why Wiki says one of the characters will be Elizabeth I. Made me think of her 'consultant' extraordinaire John Dee. The Great Intelligence?
  • Options
    RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Great Intelligence also has access to the DOCTORS greatest secret, his committing the murders of all his own people...
    Except that the Doctor has never kept that little fact a secret, he tells everyone.

For example in The Doctors Wife we had...

House - "Fear me, I've killed hundreds of Timelords"

The Doctor - "Fear me, I killed all of them"

Not particularly well guarded.
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that the OP has just cause to be defensive to be fair.
    The thread title asks what you think of the theory. It kind of does exactly what it says on the tin.
    I didn't find any issue and the poster seems quite friendly to me.
    But then I'm not complaining that it's not fact.:p
    Pull2Open wrote: »
    Not with me he doesn't, my posts have not been offensive rather pointing out that the bit in brackets is misleading, and it is! The OP got all defensive at one FM and then went ballistic on anything that remotely suggested that his thread was not what it purported to be from the title!

Oh, and the other thing I have only just noticed and the reason for the wording of my first post in the thread is that OP edited the thread title and replaced the word SPOILER with THEORY thus making it look like he is being unreasonably argued with! I cant prove this now of course but I'm not exactly one for flights of fancy around here!