How common is subscribing to Sky Movies but not Sports?

Bill ClintonBill Clinton Posts: 9,389
Forum Member
I'm posting a thread to find how common it is to decide to take Sky Movies but not the Sports channels, as a non sports fan I have in the past mostly done that (only now don't even have the Movies), I find though with sports having the dominance they do especially Sky's Premier League, that it seems much more common to take Sky Sports without Movies.

I remember once when I visited my Dad back in the Sky analogue days, he had only Sky Sports, and I used to be able to take my card round to get Sky Movies instead, unfortunately they've now blocked premium channels when you take your card to another box, but the basic channels still come through. Being into Football he thought it worth it enough to double the price of his Sky subscription to get the Sports but didn't think it worth bothering to add Sky Movies for an extra fiver, similarly I was into Hollywood enough to think it was worth paying almost double (plus Film Four as well towards the end of Sky Analogue!) but didn't want to pay an extra fiver for Sport. How common is that?

Comments

• Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,515
    Forum Member
    It's very common, a lot of people don't like sports so don't take it. On the other hand, quite a lot of sports fans take sports and not movies - it's what choice is all about :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of people choose Sky movies and not the Sports packs and as Nigel said, others choose the Sports packs and not movies. We used to do the same before we dropped the movies packs then we found an offer for half price movies and sports for 6 months so took them up again and also because we bought a 3D TV and wanted to watch the 3D channel.
  • big_hard_ladbig_hard_lad Posts: 4,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have Sports but not Movies. Personally, I'd rather spend the extra on a LoveFilm subscription where I get to choose what movies I want rather than have them chosen for me. Once Anytime+ comes to other ISP's....I may change my tact as the movies section is pretty impressive.
  • Digi ManDigi Man Posts: 18,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's very common, a lot of people don't like sports so don't take it. On the other hand, quite a lot of sports fans take sports and not movies - it's what choice is all about :D
    Absolutely, it's all about choice, at different times of being a Sky customer I've subscribed to Sports alone, and both, never had Movies alone though.

I suspect many others have had all three options at some point, but I'd say Sport is definitely the more dominant of the two.
  • THOMOTHOMO Posts: 7,452
    Forum Member
    I've had the Movies and Sport since 1998 as I watch a lot of both.
    Ian.
  • Tony RichardsTony Richards Posts: 5,744
    Forum Member
    I have Movies but not Sport...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very common.
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have the sports but not the movies
  • davidjohndavidjohn Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    i have movies but not sport
  • swillsswills Posts: 4,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I too have Movies and no Sport, no interest in Sport at all :)
  • foxlafoxla Posts: 1,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No sports here, but have both Movie packs