Merlin Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• Avi8Avi8 Posts: 3,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Natarhi wrote: »
    Well done, he can have a bonus point from me. ;)

Nooo! That would give him the same score as me! I have to have a bigger score than him. Need to keep these colonials in their places!
  • star89star89 Posts: 24,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, was busy reliving my childhood over here. :)

*curtsies apologetically*
    *fills star's wine glass*

*takes rest of bottle off to the knight's chambers*

Thank you *gulps it down and looks around to make sure no one see's her and quickly slips out after Natarhi*

:D:p;)
  • NatarhiNatarhi Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    star89 wrote: »
    Thank you *gulps it down and looks around to make sure no one see's her and quickly slips out after Natarhi*

:D:p;)
    People are going to notice if you keep following me like this. ;) Be careful or you'll end up demoted back to servant. :eek: :p

Avi8 wrote: »
    Nooo! That would give him the same score as me! I have to have a bigger score than him. Need to keep these colonials in their places!
    Well clearly you should have lied to him in the first place and said that you got full marks. :p;) Then it wouldn't matter. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People are going to notice if you keep following me like this. ;) Be careful or you'll end up demoted back to servant. :eek: :p

Nah it will never happen.. have you not seen my cute face ;):p:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well clearly you should have lied to him in the first place and said that you got full marks. :p;) Then it wouldn't matter. :D

He might not have believed me. I don't listen to much music after about 1986 :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He might not have believed me. I don't listen to much music after about 1986 :o

*looks back in the history book's to see what music Avi is talking about*

:p:p:p:p
  • SmintSmint Posts: 4,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The window fitter has his radio on - I'm currently listening to the music of my youth:

Duran Duran, Culture Club, Feargal Sharkey, Blondie, Kate Bush, Erasure . . .

I know most of the words - it's 80stastic! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smint wrote: »
    The window fitter has his radio on - I'm currently listening to the music of my youth:

Duran Duran, Culture Club, Feargal Sharkey, Blondie, Kate Bush, Erasure . . .

I know most of the words - it's 80stastic! :D

Lucky you Smint. I have some plasterers here at the moment, playing Radio 1. It is giving me a headache!

As for you Star, you don't know what you missed. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucky you Smint. I have some plasterers here at the moment, playing Radio 1. It is giving me a headache!

As for you Star, you don't know what you missed. :p

Ha! I barely recognise any of the new music around. Found myself turning into my mother the other day when I said to my husband, 'But this is just noise!"

I can't actually remember the last time I listened to Radio 1 - not on purpose, anyway! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha! I barely recognise any of the new music around. Found myself turning into my mother the other day when I said to my husband, 'But this is just noise!"

I can't actually remember the last time I listened to Radio 1 - not on purpose, anyway! :D

:eek::eek::eek: Thats the number one sign that your old. T'is all down hill from now Sminty :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek::eek::eek: Thats the number one sign that your old. T'is all down hill from now Sminty :p

Thank God! I'm not sure my knees will cope with any more climbing :D

I shall just enjoy the languid stroll, take in the scenery, and be happy with what life has thrown in my path . . . and then nip off and do something outrageous, just because I can ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank God! I'm not sure my knees will cope with any more climbing :D

I shall just enjoy the languid stroll, take in the scenery, and be happy with what life has thrown in my path . . . and then nip off and do something outrageous, just because I can ;)

Do you also turn the radio/tv down because its so loud and say 'Are you bloody deaf?' My mum does that all the time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you also turn the radio/tv down because its so loud and say 'Are you bloody deaf?' My mum does that all the time.

Only to my Mum! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only to my Mum! :D

Lmao :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know that not listening to Radio 1 anymore is a sign that you are old. I think I stopped listening to it some time in my late teens.

The true sign that you are old is hearing modern music and thinking it sounds like noise. That started sometime in my early 30s I think. :o

Then, in your 40s, it not only sounds like noise, it IS noise. :o And it gives you a headache. :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know that not listening to Radio 1 anymore is a sign that you are old. I think I stopped listening to it some time in my late teens.

The true sign that you are old is hearing modern music and thinking it sounds like noise. That started sometime in my early 30s I think. :o

Then, in your 40s, it not only sounds like noise, it IS noise. :o And it gives you a headache. :mad:

Exactly... this is what Smint said which prompted me to inform her that thats the first sign of being old :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly... this is what Smint said which prompted me to inform her that thats the first sign of being old :p

Oh yeah so you did. See? this is the effect of having Radio 1 wailing in my ears: I can't make sense of a perfectly clear sentence. :o

That, or I'm multi-tasking - unsuccessfully.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BACK on topic . . . does anyone know anything about the Knight and Magic Convention in Paris in April 2014?

I've not seen any of the actors speak about it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BACK on topic . . . does anyone know anything about the Knight and Magic Convention in Paris in April 2014?

I've not seen any of the actors speak about it

:confused: Nope never heard of it till you just posted it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused: Nope never heard of it till you just posted it.

I just happened upon it from a twitter link. Seems a bit ambitious to me if the guests aren't already signed up to it

Perhaps we should hold our own in moleymo's castle? Just for us, of course. Natarhi can heckle like she did at ColdCon ;)

Although I suspect our "Meet and Greet" sessions might get a bit out of hand

(Yay! Back OFF topic! :D)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just happened upon it from a twitter link. Seems a bit ambitious to me if the guests aren't already signed up to it

Perhaps we should hold our own in moleymo's castle? Just for us, of course. Natarhi can heckle like she did at ColdCon ;)

Aslong as she doesn't tell my Alex off again or she will be in trouble :mad:

Thats a fantastic idea.. and it has to be a costume party.. ladies and knights. That way we all get to wear floaty dresses in castles ;) Then at the end we can burn the capes and shirts :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member

I think I should mention at this point my castle has no roof or walls :-)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/british/middle_ages/nations_gallery_01.shtml
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member
    The Italian fans on twitter are talking about a merlin convention this year venue to be arranged, but in italy obviously sounds much more exciting, I wonder if they can tempt one or two of the cast to attend, they seem optimistic that they can
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moleymo wrote: »

Google dunluce castle :D

Yay! We can make camp in the courtyard!

Anyway, we'll need the open air for all the shirt and cloak burning ;)

But wow, doesn't it look spectacularly romantic? We must invade so we can be the Burger Queens of Dunluce ;)
  • NatarhiNatarhi Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D
    Aslong as she doesn't tell my Alex off again or she will be in trouble :mad:
    Hey, he wasn't complaining. :p;)
    Let's hope so! ;):D:D
    moleymo wrote: »
    Oh it's gorgeous! I think that'll be perfect (as long as it doesn't rain :eek:)

Ps-sorry about your headache Avi, hope your plasters finish soon an take their Radio 1 away.