Options

Four in a Bed :: New Series (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SolarSail wrote: »
    We've had the scheduling and airing confusion for 3 in a Bed and now I bring you a confused 4 in a Bed :confused:

T V Guide calls this a repeat, which has already been mentioned.
    However, it also says Series 9, episode 1 of 20 and last week we were watching Series 8.

Tonight, The Nateby Inn in Cumbria, with Gaynor.
    LINK
    Trip Advisor

That'll be episode 21 of Series 6 :)
  • Options
    SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,704
    Forum Member
    Shrike wrote: »

Thanks Shrike :)

I did do a Google search for DS talk and the name of the place, but nothing came up and my connection keeps dropping today. I don't recall it at all from the website or photos, but if they show the whole week then I definitely remember the artist's house in Chiswick.
    Some places just stay in your mind more than others I think.
  • Options
    TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    I remember bits of the Ardrossan one. It was a strange set up where some had to venture from one building to another for breakfast, the owner wasn't exactly Mr Charisma and the activity was a pedalo race I think. It didn't exactly sell Ardrossan as a holiday hot spot.
  • Options
    HumptyDumpyHumptyDumpy Posts: 2,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So are we still watching and commenting this weeks episodes then?
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember bits of the Ardrossan one. It was a strange set up where some had to venture from one building to another for breakfast, the owner wasn't exactly Mr Charisma and the activity was a pedalo race I think. It didn't exactly sell Ardrossan as a holiday hot spot.

I remember catching the ferry to Arran from Ardrossan back in the early '80s - I thought it was the worst place I'd ever seen in the UK!
    Admittedly I was only 16 and have since seen a lot worse, but nevertheless, why holiday there when there are so many lovely places in Scotland.
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dp.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree so much about the Telford and the surrounding area, no matter what county it now falls in. No doubt there are parts of Cornwall that are not so clever and I have seen programmes about certain resorts being full of drunken teenagers. Lovely.

There are other interesting places near Telford, the RAF and industrial museums and the historic oak the oak tree King Charles is supposed to have hidden in from the Roundheads.

Thanks. The b&b in question was in Shropshire - a rural county!
    A property on the coast in Cornwall is always going to be able to charge more - and even be better value - than one a short drive from Wolverhampton.

With respect to Wolverhampton, that comment was moronic. Last night's 3IAB had a b&b in Shropshire and is even nearer to Wolverhampton. Yet the house, the countryside and steam train visit all looked quite lovely. I would never dispute that Cornwall is a lovely county but it's seasonal and is not always going to be able to charge more and be even better value than one a short drive from Wolvhampton! Christmas and/or New Year in a yurt in December or luxury hotel in Shropshire? And who could charge more?:D:D:D

If you bite back, what will happen to your food in the kitchen?

Crikey! Any B&Bers/catering folk willing to tell us what will happen to your food in the kitchen? :o:o:o
  • Options
    pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    So are we still watching and commenting this weeks episodes then?
    I might dabble as I haven't seen this one!
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this weeks a repeat? I swear I've seen these people before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pegasus2 wrote: »
    I might dabble as I haven't seen this one!

I remember the crispy skinned deep fried woman, but not others.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Repeats :( recent ones too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The pub landlord seems to be into b&b's too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    Repeats :( recent ones too.

Do you know how long for?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    The pub landlord seems to be into b&b's too.

So glad someone else thought so too!!
  • Options
    David_ArcherDavid_Archer Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    Definitely a repeat. Bob and his girlfriend Georgie from Chiswick
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Slightly off topic, but I'm not keen on meals being served on daft things; tiles, chopping boards, chips in buckets. Never sure if they are really clean, especially well scored chopping boards.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got a feeling that we might get to see Bob's sausage and eggs there for a minute.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pegasus2 wrote: »
    Slightly off topic, but I'm not keen on meals being served on daft things; tiles, chopping boards, chips in buckets. Never sure if they are really clean, especially well scored chopping boards.

Especially when the dish has a sauce/ gravy other runny ingredient. It just goes all over the table.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they didn't bother them, why mention at all in that case?
  • Options
    hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woodbine wrote: »
    Is this weeks a repeat? I swear I've seen these people before.

It is and you have....:D
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    It's good to see this older show, it shows us how much they have cut down on the brekkie time now, they spent ages on it in this one. we need it to be like this again.
  • Options
    DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Argh why is this weeks repeats? Is that the end of the new season then?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seen these eps before. Think Julia is the type to point out lots of faults to the others while smiling sweetly! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Standard of spelling up to usual standard.;-)

(Checks post frantically for errors)
  • Options
    TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Ardrossan then. Another red herring thrown out by the tv cos. They do appear to love confusing their viewers.

Julia's just a pain in the a*$#. If only she was as great as she thinks she is.
This discussion has been closed.