BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 59)

Comments

• HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Morning everyone. :)

We appear to have had some sort of hurricane thing in the garden last night. The useless umbrella was half over the wall and became entangled in the twirly when I tried to free it, and even the table and chair were knocked over. :o

I am back to enjoying BB again now they have got rid of the hasbeens and Marc. Not that I disliked him in particular, but he overwhelmed everything.
    Good Morning Honey.:+)))))))))))))))

I think we did have some strong winds yesterday/overnight.

Marc did overshadow the show, i think they were dreading him coming near them, he was so predictable.

I need another Op, Prostrate gave up the will to live when i had the Anaesthetic for the Hip Op, it hasn't worked since, Hip Fine though.
    Have seen the Consultant need a (TURP)
  • MootleMootle Posts: 35,232
    Forum Member
    Hi guys!:)
    Hicky wrote: »
    Nikki the little Tinkerbell

Strictly Productions ‏@Strictlyproltd 1 hour ago

Thrilled to announce that @Nikki_Grahame1 will play Tinkerbelle in Peter Pan at our @NorthwichPanto this Christmas!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJU6JgiWEAEqc3P.jpg
    will you being going Hicky?:D
    minkski wrote: »
    Yes, big bro has been a bully to them more than ever this year

Getting fed up with Joel now- I waver in my feelings towards him- but he seems rather sanctimonious now
    I still think he is very cute, but have switched my allegiance to Jack, possibly because they (especially that little batch Chloe) are all being mean to him.
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    I also agree with linmic 'true colours' is an awful expression and is being thrown around out there >>>>> with gay abandon!
    I suppose it is a tad better than all those revoltingly tedious references to the lower gastrointestinal tract..
    Hello Everyone.
    My "new" second hand little pink Dell has come.

He has no allegiance to Chloe so why not?

Ooooh a pink one!!

My thoughts entirely! GET CHLOE OUT!!!!>:(
    Good Afternoon Honey.:+))))))))))))

Glad it's come, i assume it's all set up and you are using it.

I admit we need the cash.
    what i don't understand is, if they can't pay the massive bills they owe now, why would anyone lend them money to pay their bills, you would have to be crazy.
    No bank would lend money to anyone that couldn't repay surely.
    They were talking about a "humanitarian aid package" for Greece.

the UK was also heavily in debt after World War 2, mostly to America. I think it is only recently that it has been paid off, with interest.
    Harry is a strange one and becoming more odd each day. She is a bit like an over protective dog with Nick, I imagine his mother is tearing her hair out and screaming at the TV!!

and yet she claims to be unable to sleep on her own:confused: I can see her stalking poor Nick in the outside world.:( His poor Mum!!
    I took Nick's parents letter saying "Nikki is coming for tea" and no mention of Harry as code for "get the hell away from that girl"
    yes indeed! :D

We appear to have had some sort of hurricane thing in the garden last night. The useless umbrella was half over the wall and became entangled in the twirly when I tried to free it, and even the table and chair were knocked over.
    I hope it wasn't a hurricane in a hoody...
    I need another Op, Prostrate gave up the will to live when i had the Anaesthetic for the Hip Op, it hasn't worked since, Hip Fine though.

Oh noooooooooo Hicky! How awful for you:(. I wonder if this will be another spinal anaesthetic?:(
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had some good news when i went to the hospital this morning - i've been discharged at last! So i dont have to go back and left my crutches and brace behind! Free at last! Can't wait to get back to work next week !
  • minkskiminkski Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    I'll tell her if she doesn't pop in soon:)

Harry is a strange one and becoming more odd each day. She is a bit like an over protective dog with Nick, I imagine his mother is tearing her hair out and screaming at the TV!!

She must be a nightmare for them all to live with, she can go off at any minute whether concerning Nick or anyone else, and then just shouts 'la la la la la la' like a 6 year old when she runs out of something to say.

Bots had a good line last night in their 'news' :"and now for Harry's strop of the day".... :D
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Good Morning Honey.:+)))))))))))))))

I think we did have some strong winds yesterday/overnight.

Marc did overshadow the show, i think they were dreading him coming near them, he was so predictable.

Oh no. That is awful. I wonder why the anaesthetic made it conk out? What is a turp?
    Mootle wrote: »

I still think he is very cute, but have switched my allegiance to Jack, possibly because they (especially that little batch Chloe) are all being mean to him.

Yes me too. Poor thing was a bit slow and didnt realise that Chloe stopped him speaking to his dad and having pizza when she knew there was nothing in his bag.
    I suppose it is a tad better than all those revoltingly tedious references to the lower gastrointestinal tract..

I cringe every time someone says "chattingshit" *winces* fortunately I have never once heard anyone say it in real life.
    Ooooh a pink one!!
    Yes, its lovely and is apparently brand new. :blush: Elfy was offended that I called it second hand. (he buys all the sky, phones and laptops for me)
    My thoughts entirely! GET CHLOE OUT!!!!>
    Indeed. :D I will take this opportunity to say a dirty great TOLD YOU SO! :p I said from the start she wasnt nice. (though everyone looks a saint next to Helen) :D:D:D Still, i do actually prefer her showing her "true colours" rather than sitting meekly as she appears to have mostly done before. She is riveting at the moment.
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Barracute wrote: »
    Had some good news when i went to the hospital this morning - i've been discharged at last! So i dont have to go back and left my crutches and brace behind! Free at last! Can't wait to get back to work next week !
    Great news Barra. :) Is it still painful or is it completely better?
    Bots had a good line last night in their 'news' :"and now for Harry's strop of the day".... :D

:D:D:D She must be exhausted.
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news Barra. :) Is it still painful or is it completely better?

I still get the odd twinge but it really isn't enough to worry about.
    Forum Member

Ooooh a pink one!!

My thoughts entirely! GET CHLOE OUT!!!!>:(

They were talking about a "humanitarian aid package" for Greece.

the UK was also heavily in debt after World War 2, mostly to America. I think it is only recently that it has been paid off, with interest.

and yet she claims to be unable to sleep on her own:confused: I can see her stalking poor Nick in the outside world.:( His poor Mum!!

yes indeed! :D

I hope it wasn't a hurricane in a hoody...

Oh noooooooooo Hicky! How awful for you:(. I wonder if this will be another spinal anaesthetic?:(
    Hi Moots.:+)))))))))))))

Be doubtful, these days i get driven around.

I think it will be a spinal, because of my breathing etc.
    Thats great news Barra, you must look after it now.
    Oh no. That is awful. I wonder why the anaesthetic made it conk out? What is a turp?

Yes me too. Poor thing was a bit slow and didnt realise that Chloe stopped him speaking to his dad and having pizza when she knew there was nothing in his bag.

I cringe every time someone says "chattingshit" *winces* fortunately I have never once heard anyone say it in real life.
    Yes, its lovely and is apparently brand new. :blush: Elfy was offended that I called it second hand. (he buys all the sky, phones and laptops for me)
    Indeed. :D I will take this opportunity to say a dirty great TOLD YOU SO! :p I said from the start she wasnt nice. (though everyone looks a saint next to Helen) :D:D:D Still, i do actually prefer her showing her "true colours" rather than sitting meekly as she appears to have mostly done before. She is riveting at the moment.
    Hi Honey.:+))))))))))))))))))))

Prostrate problems is one of the side effects of the Anaesthetic.
    You bottom half of your body is deadened.

A TURP is short for, Transurethral Prostectomy
  • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member

Excellent news Barra - I hadn't realised that you'd been off work all this tme, you must have been bored to death!

Brilliant, wasn't it!
    Hi Moots.:+)))))))))))))

Be doubtful, these days i get driven around.

I think it will be a spinal, because of my breathing etc.

Thats great news Barra, you must look after it now.

Hi Honey.:+))))))))))))))))))))

Prostrate problems is one of the side effects of the Anaesthetic.
    You bottom half of your body is deadened.

A TURP is short for, Transurethral Prostectomy

It's very common in the older gent Hicky and easy to sort, from what I understand.

ETA - my dad had similar, it was called a prostate bore IIRC, when he was in his 80s. He was fine.
  • EddyBeeEddyBee Posts: 45,591
    Forum Member
    Good morning. :D
    Forum Member
    EddyBee wrote: »
    Good morning. :D
    Good Morning Eddy.:+)))))))))))))))

25C expected here, not a bad day.
    Excellent news Barra - I hadn't realised that you'd been off work all this tme, you must have been bored to death!

Brilliant, wasn't it!

It's very common in the older gent Hicky and easy to sort, from what I understand.

ETA - my dad had similar, it was called a prostate bore IIRC, when he was in his 80s. He was fine.
    Hi JoJo.:+))))))))))))))

It was giving problems before my Hip Op, it didn't need much to stop it completely.

A 'Ream' anyway, glad it was fine for your Dad, hope it works ok for me, the list of side effects is pretty worrying.
  • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    Good Morning Eddy.:+)))))))))))))))

25C expected here, not a bad day.

Hi JoJo.:+))))))))))))))

It was giving problems before my Hip Op, it didn't need much to stop it completely.

A 'Ream' anyway, glad it was fine for your Dad, hope it works ok for me, the list of side effects is pretty worrying.

Morning all, another lovely day but a cool breeze now and again.

I've looked at the side effects as I couldn't remember what I read when dad had it - he had a catheter for longer than he had anticipated, maybe 6 weeks in total - but otherwise he was fine. Having the catheter didn't stop him either, although I'm not sure he was doing as much in the garden as you've been since you had your new hip!!!

I'm sure you'll be fine, your recovery rate is very good judging by the hip op, but I know you don't like to be slowed down.
    Forum Member
    Morning all, another lovely day but a cool breeze now and again.

I've looked at the side effects as I couldn't remember what I read when dad had it - he had a catheter for longer than he had anticipated, maybe 6 weeks in total - but otherwise he was fine. Having the catheter didn't stop him either, although I'm not sure he was doing as much in the garden as you've been since you had your new hip!!!

I'm sure you'll be fine, your recovery rate is very good judging by the hip op, but I know you don't like to be slowed down.
    Hi JoJo.:+)))))))))))))

Well having had this and many catheters since the Op in mid march it would be great to get rid, it keeps getting blocked and has had to be replaced lots of times.
  • dancing ledgedancing ledge Posts: 13,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have decided that I must be quite enjoying this BB, as it is the first non-celeb one I have followed till the end for some time. For all the producers' faults, they have managed to keep the last weeks interesting, for once.

I was glad to see Marc go, even though he was undoubtedly very watchable. The thing is, there is a limit how much I can enjoy a housemate who is simply in there to wind people up, because it is so false. This is the "But it's a gameshow" approach, which for me just flattens the human element. Because if Marc is just acting up, and "pantomime", then how can I appraise his behaviour realistically? (My least favourite BB was the one with Speidi, because beyond a certain level, stirring things up just produces manic incoherence that does not reflect reality at all.)

Now I am back to scrutinising our curious little core group of hobbits, and, however boring people say they are, I am fascinated trying to work them out. Despite all the emphasis on setting them against each other and now on cash and greed, it still surprises me how much humanity they still retain--in circumstances that would test the best of us. They are not as totally corrupted and weird (OK, Harry is weird, but she still has some kind of integrity) as some groups of housemates we have had. Some of this lot are still recognisably "real", at least in part. I liked the group hug the other day--it surprised me they could do that at this late stage. My favourite moment was when Simon was acting like a total arse, offering himself as an obvious target to be righteously picked on, and they had a meeting and decided to give him a chance to improve. After which he did improve, and the tension dissipated. For me, that showed this year's housemates in a good light.

But then my opinions are not to be relied on in these matters...I mean, I actually liked BB4.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    I think he’d make a fairly good leprechaun.

I think I’d be constantly near to tears if I was in the house with him. The people I know don’t do “banter” and hurl insults at each other for the fun of it. We try to be nice to each other and I try to avoid saying anything hurtful to people. Maybe we’re strange. :confused:

I get the impression Marc was recruited to the show. And I suppose in that case he was given a brief to liven it up. The producers clearly planned to have him in the time warp all along. I would have found him (and Helen) very difficult to argue with and would probably not have taken them on--not because of fear but because it would be tedious trying to argue with argue-for-the-sake-of-it machines. I would have tried to take on Joel, though, because I actually find his cleverness in debate almost admirable--especially as he manages to stay polite while grinding his opponents into the ground. David Cameron would be a fool not to sign him up forthwith.

As for banter, I realised even as a teenager that a little goes a long way. Yes, I might go full-on with the lads in the cricket changing room. But in general life, and in particular with people not used to banter, one has to go gently. The art is not to "have banter", but to have banter and know when not to use it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually that's probably the best thing for all of them now - however silly and inadequate these HMs are, in my view BB have treated them shamefully from start to finish.

I think they have stood up to it all remarkably well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good Morning Eddy.:+)))))))))))))))))

Yes, a lot cooler, took a walk around the garden at 6.30, quite cool really.
    Strange, the max here is 16C and the minimum is the same.

I have just spent a week and a half in the north, including my first ever visit to Liverpool (bucket list), and mostly it was like the Mediterranean. Liverpool was wonderful--could not believe the height of the buildings! (Noticed a strange glow hovering above the Wirral, and I wondered if it was caused by the Hicky garden lighting.)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good Morning Eddy & All.:+)))))))))))))

Not a very nice week ahead here, cloud, rain and windy, a lousy start to the summer for us.

I see the Greek PM had a good idea to get out of his debt crisis, he said if all these countries we owe money too wrote the debt off we wouldn't have a problem.
    You have to love that.

I feel really sorry for the Greek people (hope it is not affecting Arte too much), but Tsipras cannot get round the fact that his country is broke. If I am in debt, it is no good me saying I do not agree with it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am still watching....a bit......so Jack will win this......and that would be all right by me. I hated the bringing in of old housemates (and my god, didn't they look ruff) and this playing with prize money. If BB drags on into the future they are going to find it difficult to get interesting housemates.

Lesley Brain

p.s. The one country that should leave the EU and euro is Germany. That would solve a lot of problems.

I am no economist, but I always wondered how you could have the same currency in Germany and Greece, when a beer used to cost ten times as much in one as in the other.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and another thought....>:(

Chloe was a right little bitch to Jack! Sooo it is all about the money with her.. Never mind that Jack has already given up the car and some money too as I recall, and he wouldn't push the button first so that he could nominate her.

This is all very well, but he loses the moral high ground by wearing a silly hat.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, big bro has been a bully to them more than ever this year ;-)

Getting fed up with Joel now- I waver in my feelings towards him- but he seems rather sanctimonious now :kitty:

I agree. But I am coming round to wanting him to win. His arguing style--pedantic though it is--is a wonder to behold. Even Marc floundered against him. Future Mayor of Cardiff.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

When Mrs Merkel has explained it to you, perhaps she could have a word with the chancellor?

Until George Osborne is prepared to wear a belt on his trousers, I refuse to listen to his budget. Disgrace.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good Afternoon Honey.:+))))))))))))

Glad it's come, i assume it's all set up and you are using it.

I admit we need the cash.
    what i don't understand is, if they can't pay the massive bills they owe now, why would anyone lend them money to pay their bills, you would have to be crazy.
    No bank would lend money to anyone that couldn't repay surely.

They do, though, hoping to get control of their assets. Our local bank ended up owning a couple of houses in our street that way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning everyone. :)

We appear to have had some sort of hurricane thing in the garden last night. The useless umbrella was half over the wall and became entangled in the twirly when I tried to free it, and even the table and chair were knocked over. :o

I am back to enjoying BB again now they have got rid of the hasbeens and Marc. Not that I disliked him in particular, but he overwhelmed everything.

Completely agree.

When I got home, my flowers looked like a whale had bellyflopped on them. Vertical plants remain one of my unfulfilled ambitions.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well done you, Barra! Glad to see you have recovered.