Options

Lady Gaga tells her fans to stop the Madonna hate!

124»

Comments

• Options
    benana93benana93 Posts: 1,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    M fans are way less defensive than the Leona Lewis fans!! I don't even think we are as bad as the Alex fans.

But lets not start a DS fan war eh :p

True, that wasn't my intention, just my observations. To be fair at the root of it all, everyone's as bad as each other. :D
    Same reason that it's incredibly difficult to gain an accurate figure on how many nutter fans who posted racist jokes about Madonna's children. Some of you may want to play down this incident but you can't accuse people of generalising one way and then did it yourself.

Your post doesn't make sense.. that wasn't a generalisation, that was an observation which said that it's difficult to discern how many true fans somebody has and that there are many different indicators one could use to back up their point. Nobody is playing down the incident, and as far as I'm aware nobody on here was involved so why are you bringing this into the argument? It just furthers your broken logic around the issue. :confused:
  • Options
    Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All this 'stan' and 'shading' stuff is just horrifying. I really can't believe what I'm reading about, that human behaviour and maturity has degenerated to such a level :eek:
  • Options
    habanalahabanala Posts: 2,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why cant people just like someones music and leave it as that? Weirdos
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    habanala wrote: »

Spot on!!!
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you are in a position where you have fans, and where you have to tell your fans how to behave, then maybe it's time to ask questions of yourself about the merits of what you're doing.
  • Options
    jadebutterfly96jadebutterfly96 Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benana93 wrote: »
    True, that wasn't my intention, just my observations. To be fair at the root of it all, everyone's as bad as each other. :D

Your post doesn't make sense.. that wasn't a generalisation, that was an observation which said that it's difficult to discern how many true fans somebody has and that there are many different indicators one could use to back up their point. Nobody is playing down the incident, and as far as I'm aware nobody on here was involved so why are you bringing this into the argument? It just furthers your broken logic around the issue. :confused:

What's so broken about my logic? I just brought up a valid example of how vile some little monsters were racially abusing Madonna's children on the internet. This thread is about Gaga asking her fans to stop Madonna's hate, no?

Also I think you misunderstood my original post, as "you" wasn't specifically referring to you.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Call me old school but I am firmly against an artists using twitter to communicate with fans. There ought to be a line drawn between a star and their fanbase. I dont think it is healthy chatting to fans on Twitter as often jokes can be taken the wrong way. Especially when one has a whole army of immature nutters.

Call me old school too.

Twitter to me just seems like a tool which acts as a magnet for the narcissist.
    Celebrities and the public alike.

It's like a recruitment tool for armies of fans of celebrities.

A few months ago I saw an interview with Justin Bieber where he appeared to be actively encouraging his fans to attack other people on the net on his behalf.
    The interviewer asked him about whether he felt concern about the way many of his fans attack other people on social networking sites.
    His answer?
    He simply made the point that his fans were only defending him and said that the people getting grief on social media sites from them shouldn't mess with him.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing and hearing. He was actually justifying what the extreme element of his fanbase was doing and it almost came across as a threat or warning to anyone who dare say anything critical of him.
    Unbelievable.

It was a segment on a British children's television show on either ITV or BBC.

So yes, I agree with you. I don't see responsible behaviour from some of the celebrities themselves and I do think perhaps a line needs to be drawn as I think it's quite an unhealthy relationship in cases such as these.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    Oh dear god.....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Gaga fans are crazy. End of. Seriously. They act like they know her when they don't. Bet in real life she doesnt give a flying monkey about anyone but her bank manager. I'd be the same!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kevlon wrote: »
    Gaga fans are crazy. End of. Seriously. They act like they know her when they don't. Bet in real life she doesnt give a flying monkey about anyone but her bank manager. I'd be the same!

I believe some of the younger teenagers are. I honestly refuse to believe the adult fans would behave such badly. Same with the Bieber fans. I hope time will come when they grow up and look back and thought how stupid they were.
  • Options
    maninthequeuemaninthequeue Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same reason that it's incredibly difficult to gain an accurate figure on how many nutter fans who posted racist jokes about Madonna's children. Some of you may want to play down this incident but you can't accuse people of generalising one way and then did it yourself.

To be fair, just as in the same way Lady Gaga has obviously got a long long way to go to eclipse Madonna's back catalogue and status, which she is unlikely to achieve, Madonna stans need to stop getting all high and mighty over this.

When Gaga's "little monsters" get to the level of throwing paint over Katy Perry (like a Madonna stan did to Cyndi Lauper in 1987); or far more seriously send death threat letters to a younger pretender (as a number of Madonna stans did to Kylie in 1993 when she criticised her Sex book & Erotica album); or worst of the lot actually turn up to the house of a popstar with a gun, before being arrested at that artist's concert when he tried to enter the show with a loaded gun (which a Madonna stan did to Debbie Gibson in 1989, just because she had the audacity to criticise the Like A Prayer video for being controversial for publicity purposes), then you know they are getting to a "Wacko Jacko/Belibers" level of in-saneness.

At the moment the "Little Monsters" seem to be the 2010s equivalent of Duranies, whose early 1980s (immature) fan base probably contributed to the long term top level decline of the band from being a U2, Prince sized success (because their fanatical behaviour pissed off too many music fan neutrals), but at the same time have remained loyal in enough numbers to ensure there will never not be enough demand for them to tour or record new material .... which is what I reckon Lady Gaga will be in 20 years time (assuming she does not kill herself via chemical substance abuse during this period).

What Madonna fans need to realize is blaming Lady Gaga and her fans (as their bogeyman) for her obvious current deficiencies whether it be releasing her first two substandard albums of her long and frequently brilliant career on the bounce to an indifferent young record buying audience; upsetting the French for getting punters to pay big bucks for a 45 minute concert as well as having a 10 minute rant at their current affairs (a pity because I watched it last night on youtube and she was very good vocally, certainly far better than her undercooked Superbowl effort), cancelling her Antipodean leg of her current tour, etc does her as much harm if not more because much like if you saw in real life a 40something year old arguing with a 13 year old, you'd think worse of the adult, so it comes across as at best unedifying and at worst bullying by a fading legend to a young pretender to stay relevant.

And just like in most wars the real winners are those that don't get involved so Rihanna, Taylor Swift & Katy Perry and their fanbases are the only winners here.
  • Options
    XFactorFanatic1XFactorFanatic1 Posts: 1,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lady gaga and one direction probably have the worst fans ever. They take being a fan to a whole new obsession.
  • Options
    Kellie BKellie B Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    Oh my god. I had no idea about this Help Mother Monster blog. Posting racist comments about Madonna's children is just sick. I thought Monsters telling Kelly Osbourne they hoped she gets raped was bad but jeez!!

The worst thing of all is. Many of these little monsters aren't 13 year old. They are in their 20s and 30s. So unlike Bieber fans you can't use age as an excuse.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And just like in most wars the real winners are those that don't get involved so Rihanna, Taylor Swift & Katy Perry and their fanbases are the only winners here.
    Rihanna fans, Katy Perry fans, Britney fans, Nicki Minaj fans and Christina fans HATE Little Monsters for the constant trolling of the videos of these artists on Youtube.

Little Monsters have upset ALOT of different fanbases in three short years. They even managed to piss of the Biebers. Twitter is filled almost daily of Biebers and Little Monsters clashing over who is more successful and who can get the best trends.

Bieber fans are little girls however. Lady Gaga fans are adults
  • Options
    Forum Member
    which is what I reckon Lady Gaga will be in 20 years time (assuming she does not kill herself via chemical substance abuse during this period).

Also as a Lady Gaga fan I find this so OTT and out of touch. Lady Gaga is not a drug addict. She won't die from taking drugs.

Why even suggest such a stupid thing? Do you know anything about this woman? I don't think you do.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree. This "fan wars" nonsense is just something I really don't, and never will get. Even as a teenager, I never "got" it. I find it absolutely insane and very bewildering, personally.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nyota wrote: »
    I agree. This "fan wars" nonsense is just something I really don't, and never will get. Even as a teenager, I never "got" it. I find it absolutely insane and very bewildering, personally.

I think it's made worse by this internet, FB and Twitter age. Just look at the amount of online bullying that goes on these days. It's sickening.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    Popstar fanwars are like sport team rivalries for teens and queens tbh: Only bitchier.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kellie B wrote: »
    Also as a Lady Gaga fan I find this so OTT and out of touch. Lady Gaga is not a drug addict. She won't die from taking drugs.

Why even suggest such a stupid thing? Do you know anything about this woman? I don't think you do.

the funny thing is, you dont actually know anything more about her than the average person. anything you know about her could be googled. you dont actually have an insight into her life. you arent her friend, you arent even a name to her until she meets you and then you will become a distant memory. cool, you like her music, but that means very little. you will most likely never be anything to her but a fan. and just so you know, gaga was in fact a drug addict for many years and it is not uncommon to relapse at any point in your life, so the other poster wasnt off base. notice she has been getting extremely close to lindsey lohan recently.
  • Options
    shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member

If only...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Popstar fanwars are like sport team rivalries for teens and queens tbh: Only bitchier.

I don't get sport, either. I'm the least competitive person in the world. :D