Options

Another Ebay question..Sorry

MollybeMollybe Posts: 674
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi

I bought this tablet for my granddaughter a couple of weeks ago. I have to say I know nothing about these things.

Once it was charged my son tried it our and it was working fine, that is until he unplugged it and then there was nothing.

I emailed the seller and he emailed me back with sorry, do you want a replacement or refund.

I emailed back saying I would like a replacement and instructions for returning the faulty one.

After a few days I had heard nothing so emailed again. This time I received a reply telling me the address to mail it back to and a reference number but nothing about the costs of postage.

I emailed him again 2 days ago and have heard nothing since.

I am now undecided whether to wait for him to contact me again, but who knows when that will be, or just ask for a refund and buy elsewhere. If I have to wait wait for him to receive the item back before he will send another one I may not receive it before Xmas.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221038871128?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

This is the tablet I bought. Is it any good or can I get another one somewhere else for around the same price? Any advise on what I should do is most welcome.BTW I didn't pay the price it shows now, I only paid £89.95, not sure what is going on there.

Comments

• Options
    chrishartxxchrishartxx Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    The listing says that the bidder has to pay for the return postage.
  • Options
    xmodz10xmodz10 Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mollybe wrote: »
    Hi

I bought this tablet for my granddaughter a couple of weeks ago. I have to say I know nothing about these things.

Once it was charged my son tried it our and it was working fine, that is until he unplugged it and then there was nothing.

I emailed the seller and he emailed me back with sorry, do you want a replacement or refund.

I emailed back saying I would like a replacement and instructions for returning the faulty one.

After a few days I had heard nothing so emailed again. This time I received a reply telling me the address to mail it back to and a reference number but nothing about the costs of postage.

I emailed him again 2 days ago and have heard nothing since.

I am now undecided whether to wait for him to contact me again, but who knows when that will be, or just ask for a refund and buy elsewhere. If I have to wait wait for him to receive the item back before he will send another one I may not receive it before Xmas.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221038871128?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

This is the tablet I bought. Is it any good or can I get another one somewhere else for around the same price? Any advise on what I should do is most welcome.BTW I didn't pay the price it shows now, I only paid £89.95, not sure what is going on there.

i would return it and go into tesco and buy a samsung galaxy tablet which is at £200 and is better quality or the nexus tablet
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Demand a refund, you will have to pay for return postage.

If he won't give a refund then start an Ebay dispute.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do I still have to pay for postage if the item is faulty? Also I can't understand that the listing is now saying £189.95 when I only paid £89.95.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    I bought the exact same one for my little boy for his birthday and had the same problems you are having. Hold down the reset button for 10 seconds and it should work - ours did :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sazza123 wrote: »
    I bought the exact same one for my little boy for his birthday and had the same problems you are having. Hold down the reset button for 10 seconds and it should work - ours did :)

Thanks for that I will give it a try.
  • Options
    lymlym Posts: 2,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also I can't understand that the listing is now saying £189.95 when I only paid £89.95.

Sometimes sellers on ebay put the price higher if an item has gone out of stock so they don't need to take the auction down and then relist again when they have more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sazza123 wrote: »

Have just tried it and it still won't work, only when it is plugged in. Its weird.
  • Options
    barlimobarlimo Posts: 231
    Forum Member
    Do I still have to pay for postage if the item is faulty? Also I can't understand that the listing is now saying £189.95 when I only paid £89.95.

If you are returning faulty goods you should not have to pay the return postage however you must ask for it as I have found that Ebay sellers are normally reluctant to offer a refund for the return of faulty/incorrect items.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Strangely enough I have just had an email from the seller hmmm.. He says for me to send it back and he will refund the postage. The last time this happened to me with another seller they sent me a prepaid label. I am just a bit wary of spending even more money. Obviously its not just going in the postbox, so is going to cost quite a bit.

I don't know whether to just trust this person and hope I get the replacement before Christmas or get a refund and go with this one.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Capacitive-Allwinner-maximumly-Processor-Sandwich/dp/B0099NPR4S/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1355312657&sr=8-3

It was mentioned on another thread here. I love DS.

Can anyone a bit more savvy on these things which is the better value for money. I notice the Amazon one has a capacitive screen whatever that is, I read about it somewhere saying it is a 'must have' which the ebay one doesn't. But then the ebay one is 10" as oppsoed to the ebay one which is 7"

Now I know that generally size doesn't matter:D but is that also true in computer terms.

Please someone help, I am going round in circles here.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strangely enough I have just had an email from the seller hmmm.. He says for me to send it back and he will refund the postage. The last time this happened to me with another seller they sent me a prepaid label. I am just a bit wary of spending even more money. Obviously its not just going in the postbox, so is going to cost quite a bit.

I don't know whether to just trust this person and hope I get the replacement before Christmas or get a refund and go with this one.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Capacitive-Allwinner-maximumly-Processor-Sandwich/dp/B0099NPR4S/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1355312657&sr=8-3

It was mentioned on another thread here. I love DS.

Can anyone a bit more savvy on these things which is the better value for money. I notice the Amazon one has a capacitive screen whatever that is, I read about it somewhere saying it is a 'must have' which the ebay one doesn't. But then the ebay one is 10" as oppsoed to the ebay one which is 7"

Now I know that generally size doesn't matter:D but is that also true in computer terms.

Please someone help, I am going round in circles here.

Just send it back. Use special delivery as it's the only way you can prove it has been recieved.