Options

Liz Jones - YOU magazine (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    Suky MSuky M Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    Is it on 'Freeview'? If so, what number channel? I'm too old and poor to have any paid for channels!

Hi Amikolaichek, it is on TLC, so not available on freeview. Below a link to a short interview Ms J gave before the programme aired.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7U45arXYIk&spfreload=10
  • Options
    amikolaichekamikolaichek Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God! when she talks, it looks like false teeth are slipping around in her mouth.
  • Options
    Suzy_CatSuzy_Cat Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, whoever did her dentistry gave her a generic set of veneers that are far too big for her mouth.

I don't like being negative about Liz's looks - she does plenty of that for herself - but if I was paying someone serious money to have my hair coloured and presumably cut and styled on a regular basis, and my hair was like that, I'd be wanting some major refunds. I would about lay money that she colours it herself actually. Out of a box. Clairol. The colour is flat and unflattering, her hair looks very thin and brittle (which may well have to do with her poor diet). A few foils in deep chestnut and another darkish brown would break that up and about three inches off the bottom and some very long layers would make a world of difference, without changing her trademark "midnight storm" feel. It would still be very dark, but a bit glossier and with some movement. DO IT LIZ. Do not let your "colourist" slack off with a solid black that's unflattering and lazy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "It's our sister, Clare," she said.

I bet she didn't. People don't talk like that, not unless they think their famous sister Liz Jones has forgotten that she has another sister, shared with this random woman at the door, and that her name is Clare.

Author's licence of course but it makes it very obvious that Liz does not in fact accurately report dialogue.

The build up of whining about rubbish bags followed by grovelling and creepy flirting is really uninteresting to anybody but you, Liz.
  • Options
    BellaFigaBellaFiga Posts: 1,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Increasingly, LJ's diary is like being stuck at the next table to someone who insists on describing their relationship in the most forensic and dull detail and then ending wanly with "but I love him..."

Except I don't think it's even love in this case. He's just another adopted animal that she can't change.
  • Options
    LizzyrozLizzyroz Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ''If I ruled the world there wouldn't be any humans.....because I don't like humans very much''.

She makes that perfectly obvious every week when she criticises The Baker.
  • Options
    fizzycatfizzycat Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    You said you wouldn’t mention drugs, yet you allude to them. Fine line!’

Ah, so now we are at the crux. He was angry I had written about him disappearing into an outhouse during our weekend with his friends in Kent.

I replied, ‘I didn’t cancel the hotel, just dinner at the River Café. Maybe you shouldn’t take anything with toddlers running around.’

Am I getting this right? She's now telling us he's got a drug habit? :confused:
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suzy_Cat wrote: »
    "It's our sister, Clare," she said.

I bet she didn't. People don't talk like that, not unless they think their famous sister Liz Jones has forgotten that she has another sister, shared with this random woman at the door, and that her name is Clare.

Author's licence of course but it makes it very obvious that Liz does not in fact accurately report dialogue.

The build up of whining about rubbish bags followed by grovelling and creepy flirting is really uninteresting to anybody but you, Liz.

She must be interesting to the regulars in this thread. ;-)
    BellaFiga wrote: »
    Increasingly, LJ's diary is like being stuck at the next table to someone who insists on describing their relationship in the most forensic and dull detail and then ending wanly with "but I love him..."

Except I don't think it's even love in this case. He's just another adopted animal that she can't change.

Ditto above. :D:D
  • Options
    BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fizzycat wrote: »

Ah, so now we are at the crux. He was angry I had written about him disappearing into an outhouse during our weekend with his friends in Kent.

I replied, ‘I didn’t cancel the hotel, just dinner at the River Café. Maybe you shouldn’t take anything with toddlers running around.’

He's likely partial to the odd puff of the waccy baccy. Frankly, were I in any way involved with the rancid old bat, I'd be taking weapons-grade hallucinogens on the hour, every hour.
  • Options
    seventhwaveseventhwave Posts: 4,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fizzycat wrote: »

A few weeks ago in the Dreary, she wrote about their weekend away with friends and implied D Scrace had been smoking marijuana in their shed. Apparently, he didn't like her writing about that in a national newspaper ...
  • Options
    BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's nothing as unfunny as someone trying with all their might to be amusing... and failing as badly as this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-3190825/LIZ-JONES-ve-Hell-Earth-s-called-Heathrow.html

Also...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-3184790/Liz-Jones-couch-columnist-embarks-premarital-therapy-hypnotherapist-du-jour-Terrence-Teacher.html

Even allowing it's a blatant plug, she just doesn't get it, does she. Just. Doesn't. Get. It. Can't imagine Terrence being best please when he reads it, either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bellagio wrote: »

Even allowing it's a blatant plug, she just doesn't get it, does she. Just. Doesn't. Get. It. Can't imagine Terrence being best please when he reads it, either.

She's been through all that malarkey before and because she thinks it's her way or the highway, she'll never take notice of therapists.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So instead of being the lovely people pleaser she's never shown any sign of being, she's now being an up-front arsehole and blaming everybody else for making her feel bad?

UGH. How could anybody get it so wrong?????
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So instead of being the lovely people pleaser she's never shown any sign of being, she's now being an up-front arsehole and blaming everybody else for making her feel bad?

UGH. How could anybody get it so wrong?????

I like her and think she is hilarious.

So shoot me now.:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-3190825/LIZ-JONES-ve-Hell-Earth-s-called-Heathrow.html

Poor old Liz, moaning about spending 135 quid to get her car out of the airport car park. 135 quid that the DM will pay for on her expense account. Just why would she get an automatic upgrade because she's on 'a rescue mission for animals'? She really does believe she's a special case when it comes to every single aspect of her life.
  • Options
    Rubbish NameRubbish Name Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, whoever did her dentistry gave her a generic set of veneers that are far too big for her mouth.

I don't like being negative about Liz's looks - she does plenty of that for herself - but if I was paying someone serious money to have my hair coloured and presumably cut and styled on a regular basis, and my hair was like that, I'd be wanting some major refunds. I would about lay money that she colours it herself actually. Out of a box. Clairol. The colour is flat and unflattering, her hair looks very thin and brittle (which may well have to do with her poor diet). A few foils in deep chestnut and another darkish brown would break that up and about three inches off the bottom and some very long layers would make a world of difference, without changing her trademark "midnight storm" feel. It would still be very dark, but a bit glossier and with some movement. DO IT LIZ. Do not let your "colourist" slack off with a solid black that's unflattering and lazy.

She did, back in 2011, and it looked great!
    My 25 year battle with grey hair
    But like with all these things (how many times has she vowed to change her life after seeing a therapist or life coach?) she immediately forgets all about it and reverts to her usual bitter old self.
  • Options
    amikolaichekamikolaichek Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christ on a bike ... that therapist sounds as barking as the Lizard. (Sorry - I am feeling distinctly cynical and uncharitable today ... )
  • Options
    LurifaxLurifax Posts: 1,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's likely partial to the odd puff of the waccy baccy. Frankly, were I in any way involved with the rancid old bat, I'd be taking weapons-grade hallucinogens on the hour, every hour.

Bellagio, I do love you
  • Options
    Mr CurmudgeonMr Curmudgeon Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    There's nothing as unfunny as someone trying with all their might to be amusing... and failing as badly as this:

Also...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-3184790/Liz-Jones-couch-columnist-embarks-premarital-therapy-hypnotherapist-du-jour-Terrence-Teacher.html

Agreed.
  • Options
    Mr CurmudgeonMr Curmudgeon Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    I like her and think she is hilarious. So shoot me now.:D:D

The words 'Liz Jones' and 'hilarious' have never been uttered in the same sentence...

So 'bang bang' you're dead... but - on the bright-side - before you died you were deluded. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In which my sister's death becomes all about me

In which Daaaavid asking "is there anything I can do" is not enough

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-3193969/LIZ-JONES-S-DIARY-m-banned-sister-s-funeral.html
  • Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her article about the tortured elephants today had me in tears it's the best article Liz has written.

Warning distressing content - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3199391/Tortured-tourists-Chained-spot-20-years-Beaten-submission-secret-jungle-training-camps-terrible-plight-Indian-elephants-LIZ-JONES.html
  • Options
    Paula PanzerPaula Panzer Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    I like her and think she is hilarious.

So shoot me now.:D:D

Read the dreary on the subject of the way she treated her poor sister, and continues to treat her entire family. She exposes their secrets to the world and then, when she is taken to task and banned from attending the funeral of her own sister because her family are so disgusted with her, what does she do? She tells us the exact cause of death - yet another detail which should not be revealed to the world - and tries to justify herself by saying she is trying to help others. I don't think so. Hilarious? Never.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Liz, the problem is not that you wrote about your sister's alcoholism (though you are right that it carries a stigma that other diseases do not.) It is that you aired all her dirty laundry in public, portrayed her as an aging, delusional gold-digger, exposed details that her family probably wouldn't want made public (such as her being racist) and insulted her sons to boot - remember your witty quip about "U2"? I'm not surprised they didn't want you at the funeral. They're just doing what you would have done. After all, didn't you admit you declined to invite her to your wedding because you thought she'd embarrass you?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And another charming Liz piece from today: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-3199665/LIZ-JONES-used-gentlemen-rude-fat-babies.html

Generally, we don't like men who write articles bemoaning how all British/American/western women are fat, ugly and "b*tchy." We view this as sexist piggery. So why is it any better for Liz to write exactly the same kind of article but about men?