Options

EastEnders Dot anniversary week (spoilers)

tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Apparently after years of nastiness and abuse from son Nick, Dot finally cracks and kills him. From what I've read online, the grisly deed is to take place during the anniversary week in February.

So not only do we find out who killed Lucy, another murder takes place as well.

Get set for a lot of shocks and surprises during the anniversary week!

You can read more on this by clicking on the link below:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/551380/EastEnders-spoiler-Dot-Branning-kills-evil-son-Nick-Cotton

Comments

• Options
    Sora2311Sora2311 Posts: 2,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe they're killing off Nick. Like when they killed off Den it's a good move short term but not a good move longterm.
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charlie probably kills him and Dot tells the police it was her so that charlie can stay with the baby. Dot murdering someone is just plain daft the character is not a murderer.
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know why this is so surprising, Don Cotton has been murdering away for years - it takes a brave reporter to call her out for her crimes, though. I reckon they have a death wish.
  • Options
    Lisa_Thomas2Lisa_Thomas2 Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're really going all out, wow.

I wonder how this is going to pan out long term. Will Dot go to prison? I can't imagine she would be able to live with the guilt.
  • Options
    stick_of_rockstick_of_rock Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do some people find it so difficult to use spoiler tags?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    I don't know why this is so surprising, Don Cotton has been murdering away for years - it takes a brave reporter to call her out for her crimes, though. I reckon they have a death wish.

Ahhh so that's where Denny's gone
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Sora2311 wrote: »
    Can't believe they're killing off Nick. Like when they killed off Den it's a good move short term but not a good move longterm.

I agree
  • Options
    MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We probably would have seen a return by Den Watts if he had not of been callously killed off by Kathleen Hutchison
  • Options
    VIP101VIP101 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Den isn't really missed or needed back though. His murder SL was one of the soaps best! The shows not exactly crying out for a Den return. Long term that SL payed off.
  • Options
    shrinkingvioletshrinkingviolet Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't think there's anything else they can really do with him though - how many 'hello Ma' cliffhangers can they possibly write?
  • Options
    FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    J-B wrote: »

Dot murdered me once.
  • Options
    cobwebsoupcobwebsoup Posts: 4,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do some people find it so difficult to use spoiler tags?

The thread title warned that the thread contained spoilers....
  • Options
    Daisy_DukeDaisy_Duke Posts: 1,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a shame they're putting this in the same week as the Lucy's killer reveal. I wish they would pace things better and have one major even at a time. Also, I really, really wish they wouldn't release the story lines ahead of time, what's the point of 'shock twists and turns' when we're told to expect them?
  • Options
    Sally77Sally77 Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can imagine that whoever helps her persuades her not to go to the police and they get Les involved to help bury him, because at the end of the day Nick Cotton is already "dead" so whoever does kill him can get away with it.
  • Options
    MutantXMutantX Posts: 1,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Omg I knew it. The perfect way to end the character. 30yrs ago he killed That old man in the Slaters hous. 30yrs later he will get his commupence
  • Options
    stick_of_rockstick_of_rock Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cobwebsoup wrote: »
    The thread title warned that the thread contained spoilers....

Originally it didn't, honest.
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So we're going to go from who done it to another.......

However I am pleased they're killing of Nick Cotton, he should have been killed off years ago.
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that if Dot "kills" Nick, it'll be more along the lines of Nick dying, then Dot thinking she's responsible because of something she did. Like maybe she hits him and he bangs his head, then later he gets hit by a car or something. I can't see her flat out killing him.
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon its Fatboy that helps her and Dot protects him.
  • Options
    ShevkShevk Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick's time is long over-due. Realistically, he can't be redemeed from all his heinious actions over the years, nor do I think he can be taken seriously as a villain. There's something rather pathetic about him now.

John Altman's 62 irl, I think killing him off in anniversary week would be a fitting exit for him. I'm not sure there's that much he can offer the show, and I think giving Dot such a dramatic story is great, before letting her relationship with her grandson be the crux of her twilight years.