Possibly something put in my drink on saturday night?

Comments

• frisky pythonfrisky python Posts: 9,737
    Forum Member
    OP I've had something my mum would call a "bilious attack". It's a one-off sickness attack rather than a bug, and it can be disorientating like a drop in blood pressure when you feel faint (or indeed faint itself).

I don't know what happened, but I'd get yourself checked out with the GP so they can run some tests.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Thanks everyone. Got an appointment on Friday to see my doctor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    Just remember the doctor was in on it in the end..

I think people like you are VERY naive if you refuse to believe even friends doing something like this is possible.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think people like you are VERY naive if you refuse to believe even friends doing something like this is possible.

I don't follow sorry
  • SupratadSupratad Posts: 10,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Then you conclude that someone deliberately put a substance in your drink?
    No that was just a possibility as other people have replied there are a few things it could have been but having experienced my best friend being spiked by my partners brothers so called friend and me having pretty much the same reaction as she did the thought crossed my mind and hers as well.

Ill never know for sure what it was unless the doctors can pick up anything.

Sometimes people do latch onto an "outside influence" as its easier to diagnose than other options.
    As an example my brother ended up going to hospital after a night out at a gig, when he suffered a complete memory loss. He's had a few scans so far that have picked up nothing. One of which he had done privately and cost in excess of £400.

However he's type 1 diabetic and on questioning it turns out he left the house with blood glucose at about 3, had no food, a couple of pints at the gig and has no memory past that. He still refuses to believe it was a bad hypo, and has blamed both drink spiking and, oddly, the release of a large amount of gas, earlier in the day, from a pontoon moored on the Thames outside his flat that was having work done to it. Apparently police and fire brigade shut the roads for a while.

Now to me, its clear he had a hypo that has affected some part of his brain but he won't accept that. As a diabetic myself, I once went on a cycling tour and didn't reduce insulin levels. I ended up having stroke-like symptoms where the RH side of my body just didn't work. It was an extreme reaction to persistently low glucose levels. The brain sometimes throws a wobbler at you.
  • scottlscottl Posts: 1,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Friends are the most likely to IMHO (not with drugs - old fashioned spiked drinks).

I've lost entire weekends.
  • Rae_RooRae_Roo Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Supratad wrote: »
    Sometimes people do latch onto an "outside influence" as its easier to diagnose than other options.
    As an example my brother ended up going to hospital after a night out at a gig, when he suffered a complete memory loss. He's had a few scans so far that have picked up nothing. One of which he had done privately and cost in excess of £400.

However he's type 1 diabetic and on questioning it turns out he left the house with blood glucose at about 3, had no food, a couple of pints at the gig and has no memory past that. He still refuses to believe it was a bad hypo, and has blamed both drink spiking and, oddly, the release of a large amount of gas, earlier in the day, from a pontoon moored on the Thames outside his flat that was having work done to it. Apparently police and fire brigade shut the roads for a while.

Now to me, its clear he had a hypo that has affected some part of his brain but he won't accept that. As a diabetic myself, I once went on a cycling tour and didn't reduce insulin levels. I ended up having stroke-like symptoms where the RH side of my body just didn't work. It was an extreme reaction to persistently low glucose levels. The brain sometimes throws a wobbler at you.

Jeez surely as a type 1 diabetic your brother should have known that it was a hypo, with such a reading, no food then pints, that seems like it was waiting to happen imo. I can understand though trying to find excuses, because deep down he probably realised that was very risky indeed! I say that with a good friend with type 1, who is super careful when going out.. I lived with her when she had a hypo, she had a bad flu at the time,and had been vomiting a lot. Hypos can make people drowsy, delirious and act in the ways you describe, but if you know you're type 1, it should be your first port of call.

I recalled earlier in my thread an experience I had with a spiked drink about 10 years ago... I was apparently incoherent, couldn't really walk, and had no memory of the events the next day, I woke with a thumping headache and sickness... This was after one bottle of beer and amongst New acquaintances... Needless to say, my friend may have saved me from a dubious fate had she not come for me and took me home to bed... To be young :blush:
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you're being a bit melodramatic OP. It sounds like you had a couple of drinks, got a bit tiddly, felt nauseous for whatever reason then fell asleep.
  • MonsterMunch99MonsterMunch99 Posts: 2,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scottl wrote: »
    Friends are the most likely to IMHO (not with drugs - old fashioned spiked drinks).

I've lost entire weekends.

You need better friends.
  • humdrummerhumdrummer Posts: 4,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you taken the antibiotic Metronidazole?

My sister found out what that does mixed with alcohol - it's not pretty. Dentist never warned her, pharmacist never warned her - she found out the hard way and it was spectacular.

Two small glasses of white and she passed out in a pub toilet and proceeded to vomit anywhere and everywhere. Couldn't stand, couldn't function - she also hadn't eaten which probably didn't help. Try getting a black cab home when you're in that state.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    pugamo wrote: »
    I think you're being a bit melodramatic OP. It sounds like you had a couple of drinks, got a bit tiddly, felt nauseous for whatever reason then fell asleep.

I had 2 drinks! I do not get even remotely tipsy after 2 drinks and i certainly didnt just fall asleep! I had to be carried to bed by my partner.
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm quite a big drinker and it takes quite a lot to get me legless. However, there are the odd occasions where I end up completely smashed quite quickly after not drinking very much. Why? I'm not sure. It just happens the odd time now again. Could be down to a number of things...even if you have a lot to eat beforehand it all depends on what the food is that you ate as to whether it will stop you getting too drunk. So many different things affect how drunk you get, how quickly you get drunk and how bad the hangover is! I've had my drink spiked before in a gay club and I have a few friends who have had their drinks spiked before over the years. If you had your drink spiked believe me you would know! It's a lot worse than having blurry vision/not being able to see, stumbling all over the place. Your body goes numb/limp (depending on the drug used obviously). I suppose like you say, someone at the party could have just spiked your drink with a different type of alcohol, but I'm guessing you're all adults so that surely the chances of that is very unlikely?! From what you've said and described, it just sounds like you just got really pissed pretty quickly.
  • tellytart1tellytart1 Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's another possibility. Where did the bottle of wine come from? Is it possible it was counterfeit? If so, it could have contained methanol rather than alcohol, which would make you very ill very quickly.
  • BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    tellytart1 wrote: »
    There's another possibility. Where did the bottle of wine come from? Is it possible it was counterfeit? If so, it could have contained methanol rather than alcohol, which would make you very ill very quickly.

Just about to post this. Was the wine an official bottle from a reputable shop?

Dodgy drink can have that exact effect.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just about to post this. Was the wine an official bottle from a reputable shop?

Dodgy drink can have that exact effect.

would anybody actually drink blag wine apart from winos and smackheads??

bringing it to a party is not correct party etiquette
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm quite a big drinker and it takes quite a lot to get me legless. However, there are the odd occasions where I end up completely smashed quite quickly after not drinking very much. Why? I'm not sure. It just happens the odd time now again. Could be down to a number of things...even if you have a lot to eat beforehand it all depends on what the food is that you ate as to whether it will stop you getting too drunk. So many different things affect how drunk you get, how quickly you get drunk and how bad the hangover is! I've had my drink spiked before in a gay club and I have a few friends who have had their drinks spiked before over the years. If you had your drink spiked believe me you would know! It's a lot worse than having blurry vision/not being able to see, stumbling all over the place. Your body goes numb/limp (depending on the drug used obviously). I suppose like you say, someone at the party could have just spiked your drink with a different type of alcohol, but I'm guessing you're all adults so that surely the chances of that is very unlikely?! From what you've said and described, it just sounds like you just got really pissed pretty quickly.

No-one ever seems to grow up in my circle - it's like Hangover (the movie) :)

I caught my friend Whats-apping what he was putting in my pint (I'm on the same group) and when something bad happens - guess what - he blames me.

I've NEVER put anything in anybody elses drink btw.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No-one ever seems to grow up in my circle - it's like Hangover (the movie) :)

I caught my friend Whats-apping what he was putting in my pint (I'm on the same group) and when something bad happens - guess what - he blames me.

I've NEVER put anything in anybody elses drink btw.

your friend is a moron...sorry
  • tellytart1tellytart1 Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not just winos that drink counterfeit drink. Even reputable shops can be fooled into thinking what they're purchasing for sale is the real thing, even wholesale distributors have been caught out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    your friend is a moron...sorry

Yes - close to being "culled" after that :)
  • Rhythm StickRhythm Stick Posts: 1,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It bothers me that virtually nobody is willing to even consider the OP's concerns.

Even so-called friends do bizarre and awful things to each other, sometimes because they think it's funny or sometimes because they've got hidden nasty streak...it's not always easy to completely trust even those closest to you 100%.

I hope you're feeling better OP and if you are really concered a visit to the GP would be worth while. While this might sound paranoid to others in this thread, in the future I'd guard your drinks/food even at home if you've got people around. It's just a necessary evil to be slightly distrusting of even your friends these days.

When you hear hoofbeats, think horses - not zebras.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    When you hear hoofbeats, think horses - not zebras.

Excuse me? :confused:
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes - close to being "culled" after that :)

Only close to? What would he need to do to actually stop you being his friend?
  • Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People only spike drinks to sexually assault people..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

People are considering what is most likely to have happened first - horses.

Getting spiked - zebras.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

People are considering what is most likely to have happened first. That would be horses.

Getting spiked at home with friends - zebras.

Look up the phrase if you want.