Jordan & Pete Split Saga (Part 4) (Merged)

Comments

• janetcomelatelyjanetcomelately Posts: 7,399
    Forum Member
    Rosie Red wrote: »
    A laughing stock in the jungle? I don't think so - even that daft song was met with a lot of affection. I didn't like PA before IAC, but he came across very well.

And let's not forget he finished third.

He has obviously used IAC to get his career back on track - a lot of them do. Ridiculous to give the credit to her. I think she used him just as much.

Yes a laughing stock.

Well none of us can say for sure if he would have been so sucessful without Kate, or her he. The partnership worked well for both, the only difference was that KP was reportedly paid much more than all the others (as she was this year) so was still high profile whereas Pete was nowhere in zeleb terms.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NativeMoon wrote: »
    How funny that some neutral people can go from insisting PA had NO career to finally saying he had no UK career etc only after it's been pointed out to them - but presenting it as though it's always been a matter of fact for them...In a single post.

The insanity never stops in this thread
    :rolleyes:

It's insania:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gosh no problem at all with dad being mentor.

Historically on this thread a small number of posters have denied Pete's career was over when he went into the jungle. Now his dad gives credence to that, its hard for anyone to argue against. His dad talks of a new influx of money ripe for investment post jungle which suggests there was no tangible income previously.
    Pete has done well and is lucky to have good parental guidance, unlike Ms Price with Amy it would appear.

As for laughing stock - Insania do do do do do. :D

I'm sorry I've obviously missed a point:confused: How can there be no tangible income previously when he had already invested in property?? His father according to the article wanted him to invest in uk property which he hadn't done at that time.
    And yes I agree he seems to have better parental guidance than Katie.
    Still can't agree with the laughing stock argument though:)
  • Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,441
    Forum Member
    Yes a laughing stock.

Well none of us can say for sure if he would have been so sucessful without Kate, or her he. The partnership worked well for both, the only difference was that KP was reportedly paid much more than all the others (as she was this year) so was still high profile whereas Pete was nowhere in zeleb terms.

Oh, for goodness sake. He was not a laughing stock - obviously there were some people who didn't like him, some who thought he was a likeable idiot, and others who loved him.

Much the same as for any other contestant really.

But generally he was liked, otherwise he would't have finished third.

You may have considered him a laughing stock, but please don't generalise to include the rest of us.
    Forum Member
    Amber43 wrote: »
    I'm sorry I've obviously missed a point:confused: How can there be no tangible income previously when he had already invested in property?? His father according to the article wanted him to invest in uk property which he hadn't done at that time.
    And yes I agree he seems to have better parental guidance than Katie.
    Still can't agree with the laughing stock argument though:)

Sorry I worded that badly. I meant at the time of going into the jungle. I've no doubt he made a fair bit from his first time celeb stint but at jungle time, zeleb income had dried up.
    Forum Member
    Oh, for goodness sake. He was not a laughing stock - obviously there were some people who didn't like him, some who thought he was a likeable idiot, and others who loved him.

Much the same as for any other contestant really.

But generally he was liked, otherwise he would't have finished third.

You may have considered him a laughing stock, but please don't generalise to include the rest of us.

I'm talking about how the media were treating him. Not my personal opinion which is pretty much the same then as now i.e that he is a bit dim but pretty harmless (and pointless).
  • DollyDumplingDollyDumpling Posts: 2,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I clearly remember Ant and Dec ridiculing Insania and their derision went on for several days. Ant even cued Dec for a silly little dance because PA (who was deadly serious about his skill as a songwriter) had become a running joke.
    Why try to rewrite history?
    PA was a laughing stock and that's not opinion, that's fact.
    Forum Member
    I clearly remember Ant and Dec ridiculing Insania and their derision went on for several days. Ant even cued Dec for a silly little dance because PA (who was deadly serious about his skill as a songwriter) had become a running joke.
    Why try to rewrite history?
    PA was a laughing stock and that's not opinion, that's fact.

Ant and Dec ridicule someone every year.

Peter himself laughs about Insania now, but if we're placing importance on the media, it should be noted that they are now treating the ex Mrs Andre as a laughing stock.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think, first time around, Peter Andre was seen as somewhat of a Tim-Nice-But-Dim crossed with David Brent.

He did come out with some stuuuuuuupid stuff (I recall something along the lines of 'Feet...what's the point of them?' :D) But was basically harmless and not malicious in any way.

He WAS a laughing stock of sorts in terms of the media and yes, Ant and Dec definitely took the mickey quite a bit.

Then there was the whole Insania thing (you beat me to it, Pru :D) which, it was later discovered, had been written long before he even entered the jungle. Which maybe begs the question; how much of the rest of the Nice-But-Dim thing was an act? :eek:

Oooh I do like a good debate :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ant and Dec ridicule someone every year.

Peter himself laughs about Insania now, but if we're placing importance on the media, it should be noted that they are now treating the ex Mrs Andre as a laughing stock.

Whic she most certainly was, is, and probably ever shall be.

Unless Hell freezes over... :D
    Forum Member
    HanneLise wrote: »

Then there was the whole Insania thing (you beat me to it, Pru :D) which, it was later discovered, had been written long before he even entered the jungle. Which maybe begs the question; how much of the rest of the Nice-But-Dim thing was an act? :eek:

I didn't know Insania was pre-penned. Tut tut PA. Ha!
    Forum Member

Well there you go, he's as devious as his ex then.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes indeed, sneaky little monkey :D

I bet really, he knew exactly what feet are for too :eek: :D

Seriously though, I did think he was a much nicer person back then. He seemed genuine (Insaniagate notwithstanding) and well-meaning.

It kind of feels like he sold his soul to Poison Katie... But then he only had himself and his hormones to blame :D
  • DollyDumplingDollyDumpling Posts: 2,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is what is called 'comic relief'.
    I urge you to take a break and have an on-topic giggle.;)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq0HzNtwkFQ&feature=PlayList&p=99188D87191F3568&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=41
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq0HzNtwkFQ&feature=PlayList&p=99188D87191F3568&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=41

Haha, I've seen that before. The little lad cracks me up; what a performer :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Cheers Doll, missed that one first time round, absolutely loved it!
    Forum Member
    HanneLise wrote: »
    Yes indeed, sneaky little monkey :D

I bet really, he knew exactly what feet are for too :eek: :D

Seriously though, I did think he was a much nicer person back then. He seemed genuine (Insaniagate notwithstanding) and well-meaning.

It kind of feels like he sold his soul to Poison Katie... But then he only had himself and his hormones to blame :D

Poison Katie! LOL

Yes he has certainly lost the genuiness (is that a word?). I'd say his 'turn' has more to do with Clare and the Can desire to emulate Maxy Clifford.
    Forum Member

Thanks for that. :D I'd forgotten about them.

Missed opportunity for Pete to get his chest out there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He seems to be doing rather well for someone who's supposedly so dim ... presenting on two main TV channels (none of your ITV2's), a successful album, and attending many events without ever making an idiot of himself (or having to resort to surrounding himself with trannies, dating a cross-dresser, making outrageous claims about his ex, or going into jungles to dump lovers).
    Forum Member
    dubguy wrote: »
    He seems to be doing rather well for someone who's supposedly so dim ... presenting on two main TV channels (none of your ITV2's), a successful album, and attending many events without ever making an idiot of himself (or having to resort to surrounding himself with trannies, dating a cross-dresser, making outrageous claims about his ex, or going into jungles to dump lovers).

Dim is irrelvant, a bonus even, when one has good PR/management - the zeleb just needs to do as they are told. Jade Goody case in point.

As for the events, didn't he manage to fall off the stage on T4 on the first public outing of Behind Closed Doors?
  • LittleChickenLittleChicken Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    The London International Horse Show is going to be 'graced' by her appearance.
    The London International Horse Show once boasted appearances by the likes of the Princess Royal and her daughter, Zara Phillips.

This year’s main attraction on December 15 is the coarse, jumbo-breasted model, Katie Price.

The organisers crow: ‘High-profile horse lover Katie Price is expected to ride her filly, Cross Dresser.’

Small wonder discerning folk consider relocating to New Zealand!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1232791/EPHRAIM-HARDCASTLE-Katie-Price-mane-attraction.html#ixzz0YfaQQ5S6
  • WAKEYLASSWAKEYLASS Posts: 6,085
    Forum Member
    Dim is irrelvant, a bonus even, when one has good PR/management - the zeleb just needs to do as they are told. Jade Goody case in point.

As for the events, didn't he manage to fall off the stage on T4 on the first public outing of Behind Closed Doors?

Hi janet :)

He must be in good company then seeing as both Lady GaGa and J Lo have both fell/slipped whilst on stage lately!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1173907

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1168459&highlight=jlo

Hardly makes him nice but dim
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member

I recall a stumble. Hardly the same as 'falling of stage'
  • nicola001nicola001 Posts: 8,102
    Forum Member
    Must say katie looks lovely in her hello photshoot :) very pritty - so much better than any ok mag shes ever done ...
  • WAKEYLASSWAKEYLASS Posts: 6,085
    Forum Member
    nicola001 wrote: »
    Must say katie looks lovely in her hello photshoot :) very pritty - so much better than any ok mag shes ever done ...

Hi nicola, must say she did look good in the Hello photoshoots. Makes me wonder why she can't look that good when she is papped, like the other night at the awards, she looks over made up, very orange and her hair looks like a wig.

Maybe Hello have really good 'photoshoppers' !!;)
This discussion has been closed.