Options

Lee Mack - 'Going Out' Tour

nessyfencernessyfencer Posts: 9,195
Forum Member
Anyone been to see this yet? Going tonight, can't wait :) Any good?

No spoilers please.

Comments

• Options
    pierre_gustavepierre_gustave Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do know that he is funnier than Rhod Gilbert if that is of any help. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I do know that he is funnier than Rhod Gilbert if that is of any help. :)
    heh heh, I like RG as well :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He was brilliant!!!!

Word of warning though... if anyone is going, please don't open a tin of juice. Whoops!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    he played belfast last nite didn't go but the reviews in the local papers were really good. enjoy!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    Saw him on Sunday night in Newcastle. Very funny as was his warm up guy.

The only thing I hate about these gigs is the interval and he had the first man on for 30 mins then there was a 30 min interval so we were waiting an hour for Lee to come on!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We are very lucky at the moment with "Stand-up" of the best quality available on tour and on DVD for all to enjoy. Lee is one of the best of the top entertainers ,I like Rhod Gilbert and Andy Parson too but the choice is really great. Dara O Brian is also on tour so if you can go and see him he is superb.
  • Options
    leddersledders Posts: 2,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to see him tomorrow night in Llandudno.

Really looking forward to it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ledders wrote: »
    I'm going to see him tomorrow night in Llandudno.

Really looking forward to it.
    Brilliant show! 1 hour 40 mins of Lee and a half hour support act before that. Great value for money.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,537
    Forum Member
    going in May..
  • Options
    keo1234keo1234 Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    and sounds like he's a good bloke too...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/staffordshire/8550982.stm
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    Saw this a few weeks ago. Fantastic stuff - was nearly crying with laughter from the off. If you have kids, then take one of them and sit in the first row - near the edge. Trust me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nice surprise to see this thread, hes my brothers best mate - on my life:) my brother employed him as a dj in his entertainments business years ago and theyve been good mates ever since. hes a great bloke and a brilliant comedian, his first tv appearance was in a show called Gas - hes fantastic standup, not as keen on not going out altho i love his banter with tim vine. its strange a lot of people still dont know who he is, he did the sketch show, has been seen on 8 out of 10 cats and the like, even hosted they think its all over for a while, hes got the fastest wit of any comedian ive ever seen and its all natural
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    February @ Folkestone. Couldn't go because we had a snow storm that night. Most of the audience didn't make it so he is doing a free gig for all of the ticket holders at the same venue in June. Woman on the box office said that was very unusual as the artist had made it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    Very gracious, Lee.
    Does he still use that joke, something like "if you piled up in the street all the chips they eat on a Friday night in Newcastle..."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lol, yup :D
  • Options
    Mel GMel G Posts: 5,253
    Forum Member
    Saw him in Oxford a month or so ago - very very funny; highly recommended. Saw Tim Vine a couple of days ago in Newbury and he was hysterical too.
  • Options
    moomeemoomee Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    Daisy Debs wrote: »
    Saw him on Sunday night in Newcastle. Very funny as was his warm up guy.

The only thing I hate about these gigs is the interval and he had the first man on for 30 mins then there was a 30 min interval so we were waiting an hour for Lee to come on!

I was at Newcastle too & I agree with everything Daisy Debs has said.:D:D:D
    The only thing I would say is, he gives the audience the opportunity to ask questions at the end - try to think of some good ones, as the Newcastle questions were a bit lame!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    Went last night at the Hammersmith Apollo. Was crying with laughter! Someone asked him 'how do you eat a banana?' and Lee's reaction was priceless!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,537
    Forum Member
    Mel G wrote: »
    Saw him in Oxford a month or so ago - very very funny; highly recommended. Saw Tim Vine a couple of days ago in Newbury and he was hysterical too.

tried to get returns for Oxford in May....60 people waiting....bah!!
  • Options
    RubydollRubydoll Posts: 1,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was very lucky to see to see Lee trying out the material here in the Midlands before Christmas in a local club that held about 200 or so, it was a scream and slightly surreal, I don't think I can think of Steam Trains in the same way ever again and possibly neither can he :p