Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 10)

Comments

• Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Haribo advert with the grown-ups talking with kids' voices. WHY?! >:(

the one based in the cinema is just creepy - so wrong on every level
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    Ford Kuga. Another badly dubbed one with a totally pointless story.
    I think all the new Ford ads are Europe wide. The flip the screen and dub to do the English ones.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Is there a thread about this? if there isn't there should be! It's dirrrrrty!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Well said. OAPs listen to music in their day and age.

Er.....no we don't! I've just got tickets for Paloma Faith, have Jake Bugg and Adele on my iPod and am currently listening to Barry Louis Polisar. You might not like my taste but we're not all getting down with the Beatles/Stones!
  • Options
    RedHedRedHed Posts: 913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Haribo advert with the grown-ups talking with kids' voices. WHY?! >:(

I can't stand the way they pull their faces trying to be childlike, i think it would have worked much better if they still had adult demeanour but were just dubbed with the kids voices.
    That said, i love Haribo, although they should make the plastic less noisy as it's practically impossible to sneak a packet in the kitchen while the kids are watching TV!
    I hate any advert aimed at mothers. They use kids to try to make the advert appealing and the new Facebook-generation yummy-mummies lap it up.

This is the worst example for me. The awful broken English which is supposed to be funny and cute, but is just stupid. "Teddy is very very not very well", "much happier" and there's another line about the chocolate not being the right size for the teddy which is stupid too. And the kid's voice is annoying - we're just lucky it's a cartoon and not live-action with some ugly kid spouting that rubbish.

The whole advert really really annoys me..

l can't bloody stand the Kinder one either and just to make matters worse the mother has the most migraine-inducing voice aswell, she sounds like Janet Ellis on helium! :(
  • Options
    dottzie38dottzie38 Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new Evian advert
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. That's ABSOLUTELY what they're doing. They thought "you know what will make our product sell really well? Comparing ourselves to paedophiles".

Glad someone else got that.
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dentist mocking his patients when he didn't give them any advice about sensitive teeth, what a cock.
  • Options
    best boybest boy Posts: 836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All Boots ads. (Ta Dah! >:()

The bit with the 'teacher' - "OK, let's take this lesson outside" (makes a change from clogging up museums where they can skive off for a couple of hours)

"Everybody got suncream?" Of course all kids pack suncream to go to effin' school.
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I think all the new Ford ads are Europe wide. The flip the screen and dub to do the English ones.
    I don't like the car ad with the song "You and me", where they show a dog running along a road in the middle of nowhere after a car which obviously has its owners in. I emailed them and asked why they think showing as dog being abandoned in the countryside is a good advert. All they replied with that no dogs were harmed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dentist mocking his patients when he didn't give them any advice about sensitive teeth, what a cock.

Then they have the cheek to say its recommended by dentists when it isnt,.
  • Options
    1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Haha, good one! Yes, he probably doesn't even bother to examine the teeth and gums - just tells 'em to use Sensodyne.
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems Channel 4 are now preventing the use of Ad Block on 4OD. So I turn it off and I get "Programme starts in 1:15."

PISS OFF! >:(
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why do all the dentists have weird accents.?
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    Not sure what this ad is for but it's 2 men and a woman walking in a factory talking about the delivery of an item and they keep repeating "When Your In" >:(>:(>:(
  • Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    valkay wrote: »
    Why do all the dentists have weird accents.?

..... and also, why do dentists have horrendous halitosis? :o
  • Options
    Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kezo wrote: »
    Not a footy fan here but I prefer the BBC ad instead .... "last one to the top is a randy savage" (is that the footballer pundit for BBC? - correct me), plus its more colourful to the ITV ad

It says that? Randy Savage was a WWF wrestler who died a couple of years ago.
    Hulk hogans rival. Unless there's a different randy savage but I doubt it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's Robbie Savage...I hope :o

Ah that makes sense. Does he still have his hair? Should take over the shampoo ads from Nicole shirtswinger
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Er.....no we don't! I've just got tickets for Paloma Faith, have Jake Bugg and Adele on my iPod and am currently listening to Barry Louis Polisar. You might not like my taste but we're not all getting down with the Beatles/Stones!

So it's you oaps who are the reason for today's appalling "music".

I'll stick with the Beatles and stones
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chesney Hawkes Mymate.co.uk - seriously?? :o:confused:

https://www.mymate.co.uk/see-our-ad

I think we have contender for worst ad of the year.
  • Options
    LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    Is there a thread about this? if there isn't there should be! It's dirrrrrty!

I love watching the X hose ad :D Its usually on at silly oclock.I kept saying I was going to by myself one but they are a bit expensive. Went to a market the other week and there was a similar version more of a Y hose :D. But its brilliant. and its green .
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any advert with a sad child wearing rags carrying buckets of water, whilst neglected looking donkeys stumble over a dusty track covered in stones.

Must all the ills of the world be thrust in our faces? Surely it has been proven that guilt tripping people and getting them down isn't as effective a fund raising technique as cheery viral Facebook or gift giving campaigns.
  • Options
    LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    The one that bugs me is the Muller chocolate one with Nicole Shirtswinger :D Shes sat in a limo and she opens it now to me it looks like bits of dust in the yogurt. The she sets off getting all in a dither over it ...she makes the same noise in the toilets on the plane lol.
    Then the limo pulls up sharp and she falls forward and sits back up with a blob of Muller on her nose and the daft bint thinks its bloody hysterical .
  • Options
    albion-mad-nickalbion-mad-nick Posts: 4,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    British Heart Foundation are the latest with a guilt-trip begging advert.
  • Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    The O2 Priority advert with that awful manky cat which walks and looks like a dog with a cats head. :o
This discussion has been closed.