Options

Why are all the good TV shows on Monday night?

montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
Forum Member
✭✭✭
At 10:00 in the evening on Monday there will be seven!! shows on at the same time that I'd like to watch. They are...

C4 - 9 Out Of Ten Cats
Five - Under The Dome
ITV2 - Plebs
ITV4 - Ax Men
E4 - Glue
Quest - Swamp Loggers
BBC4 - Cosmonauts - How Russia Won The Space Race

Perhaps it's just my particular taste in TV shows that has made this happen, but it does seem bizarre that so many new episodes are broadcast in the exact time slot. I know that with time shift channels/PVR/repeats/catch up services it's not quite the same problem as it used to be, but it's still pretty annoying when they do this.

Also Gotham is starting tomorrow, but at least that is on at 9:00 when there is a mere one other programme on that I want to watch. Is it just me or are others having the same issue?

Comments

• Options
    LykkieLiLykkieLi Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    I find it bizarre that Homeland is on at the same time as Downton Abbey. Craziness!
    Sunday evenings.
  • Options
    LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tuesdays are notoriously entertainment-free, so catch up on the rest that evening.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lenitive wrote: »
    Tuesdays are notoriously entertainment-free, so catch up on the rest that evening.

Yeah i've noticed that, Tuesdays are always the worst night
  • Options
    marianna01marianna01 Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never mind Tuesday - Monday looks like a bit of a disaster to me.
  • Options
    Ben_Fisher1Ben_Fisher1 Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At 10:00 in the evening on Monday there will be seven!! shows on at the same time that I'd like to watch. They are...

C4 - 9 Out Of Ten Cats
    Five - Under The Dome
    ITV2 - Plebs
    ITV4 - Ax Men
    E4 - Glue
    Quest - Swamp Loggers

Perhaps it's just my particular taste in TV shows that has made this happen, but it does seem bizarre that so many new episodes are broadcast in the exact time slot. I know that with time shift channels/PVR/repeats/catch up services it's not quite the same problem as it used to be, but it's still pretty annoying when they do this.

Also Gotham is starting tomorrow, but at least that is on at 9:00 when there is a mere one other programme on that I want to watch. Is it just me or are others having the same issue?

You call those good? :o jesus wept!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    I have the same feeling! Love Monday night TV! Mostly crap TV on the weekends.
  • Options
    JurassicMarkJurassicMark Posts: 12,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

C4 - 9 Out Of Ten Cats
    Five - Under The Dome
    ITV2 - Plebs
    ITV4 - Ax Men
    E4 - Glue
    Quest - Swamp Loggers

BIB - Have they found another cat? :D

It's just a coincidence that many programmes you like happen to be on at the same time.

I can record up to 3 show at once on my TiVo box and sometimes need more than that, so have to record some programmes on my Humax PVR. Also, many channels have a catch up service, so it's very rare that I am unable to watch any particular show.
  • Options
    iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Why are all the good TV shows on Monday night?" Well, that is indeed a matter of personal taste, but I believe Monday is the second most watched night of the week after Sunday. It tends to be the night when TV's three big soaps get their highest overnights of the week.

It's the start of the working week so people may feel less like going out.

My own personal Monday night viewing is Only Connect (BBC2), New Tricks (BBC1) and Plebs (ITV2). I don't particularly watch any more TV on Monday than I do on any other night of the week.
  • Options
    Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member

C4 - 9 Out Of Ten Cats
    Five - Under The Dome
    ITV2 - Plebs
    ITV4 - Ax Men
    E4 - Glue
    Quest - Swamp Loggers

No one goes out on a Monday
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think I am okay at the moment

Monday: Gotham & The Walking Dead (Both Same Time)

Tuesday: The Flash & Haven

Wednesday: Sleepy Hollow, Defiance (though may give that show up) & The Strain

Thursday: The Arrow, Forever & Chicago PD

Friday: The Last Ship & The Blacklist

Saturday: Nothing at all worth watching

Sunday: Hawaii 5-0 & NCIS: LA

Still to come The Newsroom, Chicago Fire, Elementary, The Mentalist, Blue Bloods, NCIS: New Orleans, Grimm.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LykkieLi wrote: »
    I find it bizarre that Homeland is on at the same time as Downton Abbey. Craziness!
    Sunday evenings.

Just leaves them with a good excuse when people like myself, who watched all the first three series don't bother to tune in for series four.

Just can't be doing with it anymore.

Its tedious, self absorbed bullshit.
  • Options
    Steve_CardanasSteve_Cardanas Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight I am sky+ring

Gotham five
    Friends with better lives comdey
    Under the dome. Five
    Walking dead. Fox
    Mount pleasant. Sky living
    Being human. Watch
    Hot in Cleveland. Sony

Plus the stuff i record on the weekdays

tuesdays and wednesdays primetime i record a lot also
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,964
    Forum Member
    LykkieLi wrote: »
    Sunday evenings.

Do you think they share similar audiences?
  • Options
    RedHedRedHed Posts: 913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »

Still to come The Newsroom, Chicago Fire, Elementary, The Mentalist, Blue Bloods, NCIS: New Orleans, Grimm.

We could share a TV!
    Great taste my friend ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i like every show on your list
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wouldn't either, even "How Russia Won the Space Race," won't tell you anything new, the "space race" has been done to death in different documentaries over the last forty years.
    But some might enjoy it. BBC4 obviously think they will, as it's on three times this week.

Anyway,

I find Fridays pretty poor.
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tuesdays are the quietest night, except for weekends .....

tonight i have

university challenge / only connect (the bastard hard quiz hour :o )
    gotham
    plebs
    glue
    being human usa
    wwe
    and the walking dead, recorded as a repeat late night

only mount pleasant tuesdays

but wednesdays are now jam packed .....

new waterloo road
    NEW sleepy hollow
    NEEEEEEEEEW legends
    NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW south park
    wentworth AND dallas ..... and if there's a TNA PPV on i'll plonk that on freeview!

thursdays is
    forever
    peaky blinders
    the detectorists
    XIII
    maron

friday i have
    mastermind
    the last ship
    the blacklist
    WWE
    tyrant

weekends consist of
    teenage mutant ninja turtles (saturday and sunday)
    doctor who
    our girl
    homeland
    TNA

then there's skysports ..... movies ..... new stuff that i was downloading like the leftovers, under the dome, witches of east end, the strain, the knick, star wars rebels, gravity falls, mr pickles, sons of anarchy season 7, z nation, strange empire .....

is that a lot :kitty:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And new simpsons later in the month
    new two and a half men and anger management on wednesday new arrow and flash later in the month new modern family in november and there's a new bones elementary chicago fire to look forward to also starting soon new criminal minds and 5-O
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dominion at the end of the month...might give that a go.
    Other new shows that might be shown (maybe worth a look) but not yet confirmed are Constantine, 12 Monkeys, Z Nation, CSI: Cyber, Backstrom & Agent Carter.

Not forgetting the best show ever made "Game of Thrones" but not usually until April.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dominion at the end of the month...might give that a go.
    Other new shows that might be shown (maybe worth a look) but not yet confirmed are Constantine, 12 Monkeys, Z Nation, CSI: Cyber, Backstrom & Agent Carter.

Not forgetting the best show ever made "Game of Thrones" but not usually until April.

there are so many good shows to look forward to and most of them are american for me
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there are so many good shows to look forward to and most of them are american for me

Apart from Sherlock I cannot think of a British show I watch, British shows tend to be period dramas, soaps, reality tv, very few series, though we usually do crime series very well....but they are only tend to be about 6 episodes then you have to wait another year,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from Sherlock I cannot think of a British show I watch, British shows tend to be period dramas, soaps, reality tv, very few series, though we usually do crime series very well....but they are only tend to be about 6 episodes then you have to wait another year,

that's another good thing about american tv shows the length of the seasons and have more spin off shows and also do more crossovers with other shows like chicago pd is a spin off of chicago fire and its cost over with one of the law and order shows.

or in the case of sam and cat it's a crossover spin off cat from victorious and sam is from icarly

the british shows i watch this week are mount pleasant waterloo road doctor who and the revolution will be televised plus sky news
  • Options
    davie1924davie1924 Posts: 2,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Couldn't agree more!!
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shows that i plan to watch tonight but won't be able to watch everything.

Gotham
    The Walking Dead
    Glue
    8 out of 10 Cats
    Dapper Laughs
    Graham Norton
    Do No Harm
  • Options
    snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only shows that interest me on Monday's are 24 Hours In Police Custody, Glue and, from now on, The Walking Dead which I record.