Options

Martin leaving

SuburbanqueenSuburbanqueen Posts: 385
Forum Member
Anyone else sorry he's going? I think it would have been better to have got him back with Gail again. They still get on pretty well.

Comments

• Options
    CaramelCaramel Posts: 1,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems a shame to me. They always seem to use the term 'the character has run its course.'

Surely with good writing this should never be the case. Look at Ken, Emily and Rita for instance, few 'big' stories but we'd miss them if they weren't there.

If Martin's character is going through a barren patch, it could and should improve. I know we joke about him being 'Weatherfield's only nurse', but it looks to me as though he is a victim of the fallout surrounding the dire Harris family (Craig excepted). :mad:
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else sorry he's going? I think it would have been better to have got him back with Gail again. They still get on pretty well.
    This is about the 5th thread about this now. :mad:
  • Options
    UnderworldUnderworld Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    I'm glad Martin is going. I would have axed him ages ago if I were exec producer.
    And I don't think it would be believable if he and Gail did get back together.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Underworld wrote:
    I'm glad Martin is going. I would have axed him ages ago if I were exec producer.
    And I don't think it would be believable if he and Gail did get back together.

Irrespective of whether you like his character, do you feel the excuse 'there is nowhere else to go with this character' plausible?
  • Options
    iiHEARTy0uiiHEARTy0u Posts: 13,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im not sad he's going i just think theres no point in him being axed
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caramel wrote:
    Irrespective of whether you like his character, do you feel the excuse 'there is nowhere else to go with this character' plausible?

Well they might have said the same thing with Sally a couple of years ago, but look at the turnaround with her. She's had brilliant plotlines since she became the pushy-mum-from-hell !
    :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 424
    Forum Member
    BCJ wrote:
    This is about the 5th thread about this now. :mad:

here we go! :rolleyes: BCJ, please dont go on about the thread titles, PLEASE! just dont go into whichever ones you've either seen before or dont like! :(
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    here we go! :rolleyes: BCJ, please dont go on about the thread titles, PLEASE! just dont go into whichever ones you've either seen before or dont like! :(

I can see your point, NaughtyIrish, but the reason multiple threads are a pain is that you get different posters on different threads saying basically the same thing. This means that if there are three threads about a subject you are interested in and you read all of them you are just getting the same thing over and over. Conversely, you don't want to ignore any of them as you might miss something that is new and different. Surely it's better to join in with a thread that's already established than start a new one. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agreed NaughtyIrish. I've been accused of this once before. Sometimes a thread has dropped a long way down the pages, or maybe if a member hasn't signed on for a few days they may have missed a previoius discussion. :):):):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Over all i agree with you Vonnee (SP?) but i think that maybe a private message would suffice! There is no need to ruin someone's thread as done above. Maybe the user is only new etc?

I hate repeatation in threads, really do, i just think that people need to be nicer about it. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vonneeeeee wrote:
    Well they might have said the same thing with Sally a couple of years ago, but look at the turnaround with her. She's had brilliant plotlines since she became the pushy-mum-from-hell !
    :p

I agree, so I wonder what the real reason is for the actor leaving. :confused:

Surely to admit that a character has nowhere else to go is the writers making a slur on their own ability. :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vonneeeeee wrote:
    I can see your point, NaughtyIrish, but the reason multiple threads are a pain is that you get different posters on different threads saying basically the same thing. This means that if there are three threads about a subject you are interested in and you read all of them you are just getting the same thing over and over. Conversely, you don't want to ignore any of them as you might miss something that is new and different. Surely it's better to join in with a thread that's already established than start a new one. :)

I agree, the same old thread all the time pushes other better ones onto further pages, everyone should now stop replying to this
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over all i agree with you Vonnee (SP?) but i think that maybe a private message would suffice! There is no need to ruin someone's thread as done above. Maybe the user is only new etc?

I hate repeatation in threads, really do, i just think that people need to be nicer about it. :cool:

The best way to inform people about multiple threads is to tell them in thread. That way everyone gets the message. As for someone's thread being ruined, take a look at mine, here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BCJ wrote:
    The best way to inform people about multiple threads is to tell them in thread. That way everyone gets the message. As for someone's thread being ruined, take a look at mine, here.

I laughed the whole way through your thread BCJ, that Fanny girl is some job, very very rude! Dont think we all need to scoop to her level doe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I laughed the whole way through your thread BCJ, that Fanny girl is some job, very very rude! Dont think we all need to scoop to her level doe.
    It was very funny but Lemonade has unfortunately become banned as a result. Fanny was very provoking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    provoking and annoying! you's should of all ignored her instead of getting banned. im sure they will allow Lemonade back online soon doe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    provoking and annoying! you's should of all ignored her instead of getting banned. im sure they will allow Lemonade back online soon doe.
    I tried to get Lemonade and Jub Jub to ignore her but after Lemonade made that comment about part of her anatomy being dirty - the end was already in sight.

I think DS should use that thread to highlight how not to repsond to trolls.