Gay Marriage. FFS who cares !!

JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
Forum Member
✭✭✭
what is all this poppycock on the news about Cameron not getting priorities right and putting gay issues before anything else.
why not just say 'right gays can get married' and let that be that and to hell with what anyone else thinks? as it really doesnt actually affect anyone, other than the people who want to marry someone of the same sex...

i cant understand for the life of me the time wasting and the endless debates...?
its going to happen one day anyway

Comments

• Lee CoolLee Cool Posts: 4,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    totally agree, a man marrying a man, big deal, marriage should be for everyone, its only as issue for people who are homophobic, they just dont like to admit it.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sadly some religious people care.

They think that God doesn't like homosexuals because it is in a book and that if they support Gay marriage they will go to hell too.
  • JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly some religious people care.

They think that God doesn't like homosexuals because it is in a book and that if they support Gay marriage they will go to hell too.

yes. but again, who cares? why would anyone care about what a few brainwashed numbskulls think?
    and why SHOULD anyone care?
    i just find the whole thing bizarre and the time spent on the issue unnecessary. as it does not actually affect any average citizen at all.
  • deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Dear!

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/297464694992691200/photo/1

Putting the moral argument to one side, perhaps Cameron should start counting his new recruits and subtracting them from the activists and volunteers he is losing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    JayPee86 wrote: »
    yes. but again, who cares? why would anyone care about what a few brainwashed numbskulls think?
    i just find the whole thing bizarre and the time spent on the issue unnecessary. as it does not actually affect any average citizen at all.

As I said. They (the religious people) care.

It affects them because they believe they will go to hell if they don't try to stop homosexuality and gay marriage.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh Dear!

Putting the moral argument to one side, perhaps Cameron should start counting his new recruits and subtracting them from the activists and volunteers he is losing.
    It's a double whammy for those of us who support gay marriage and dislike Cameron.
  • PrestonAlPrestonAl Posts: 10,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh Dear!

Well the ones he's losing would be through old age I would think. That's where all of the homophobia is really coming from.

I'm sure UKIP wont mind them though.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Dear!

See, I'm not sure "putting the moral argument to one side" is something I want politicians to be doing. So I'm often disappointed. Much as I hate Cameron, he's right on this one and shouldn't give in to pressure.
  • LiamforkingLiamforking Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People care because they are entitled to care. People object because they are entitled to object.
    Hurling insults at them does not make you better (or smarter) than them.

I myself neither care nor object to gay marriage, but I do strongly object to the prevailing fascism of opinion; and defend the rights of others to hold whatever views they wish to WITHOUT social stigmatization or legal persecution.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I said. They (the religious people) care.

It affects them because they believe they will go to hell if they don't try to stop homosexuality and gay marriage.

i see, so some slightly strange individuals believe that they would be seen as gay 'enablers' and therefore they would also go to hell.

well that really is mind boggling, its the sort of mindset i would expect people to be sectioned for.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    i see, so some slightly strange individuals believe that they would be seen as gay 'enablers' and therefore they would also go to hell.

well that really is mind boggling, its the sort of mindset i would expect people to be sectioned for.

You only get sectioned if you are a danger to yourself or others.

But it seems to be OK to have certain beliefs if there is a certain number of other people who hold the same belief.

For instance at one time everyone thought the world was flat, but there came a time when a critical mass of people believed it was round. But before that time, people who thought the world was round were out numbered as so they were considered 'mental' for believing that idea.
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

In the Bible God apparently killed Onan for shooting his load on the floor instead of up Er's wife (his dead brothers wife, the very brother God had killed earlier). Outraged at the waste of jizz God killed Onan.

This is where the whole masturbating is bad m'kay logic, if you will pardon the pun, comes into it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    In the Bible God apparently killed Onan for shooting his load on the floor instead of up Er's wife (his dead brothers wife, the very brother God had killed earlier). Outraged at the waste of jizz God killed Onan.

This is where the whole masturbating is bad m'kay logic, if you will pardon the pun, comes into it.

And where the word 'Onanism' comes from.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tysonstorm wrote: »

Please tell me this isn't really in the bible.
  • PrestonAlPrestonAl Posts: 10,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please tell me this isn't really in the bible.

It certainly is in it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Dear!

They need to be dragged into the 21st century be that kicking and screaming :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree with you but has others have said religious people seem to care a lot of the anti gay marriage talking is largely down to homophobia though it`s gotta be said.

I mean why are non religious people complaining about gay marriage what reasons do they have to oppose equal rights of others other than homophobia?
  • FashionFashion Posts: 5,017
    Forum Member
    doop wrote: »
    I agree with you but has others have said religious people seem to care a lot of the anti gay marriage talking is largely down to homophobia though it`s gotta be said.

I mean why are non religious people complaining about gay marriage what reasons do they have to oppose equal rights of others other than homophobia?[/QUOTE]
    BIB- Because this ignorant minority are centuries behind thinking the church rules, they can't face it that society's getting more secular as the years pass.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thing is this: People refer to the Bible as if it were written by God. It wasn't, it was written by lots of different people that were, at best, contemporaneous of Jesus Christ. It's then been translated/updated/edited and revamped many times over. If you want to validify anything you will probably find it in the Bible.

The Bible also says you cannot re-marry once divorced yet it's a big part of life today.

I agree with the OP. No-one should care who we marry. We should marry who we want and love.

If you go back far enough - and actually not that far back - people couldn't marry from a different colour, which seems ludicrous today.

As I've said before, one day people will think it odd we are even discussing this.
    Forum Member
    To add to your argument Jack, are these religious fanatics not sinners by priding themselves with these 'moral' views.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doop wrote: »
    They need to be dragged into the 21st century be that kicking and screaming :rolleyes:

Yes, but they are the Conservative party and the Conservative party is supposed to be err conservative. They represent the status quo. Labour and the Lib Dem's are the progressive parties, they represent change in social political policy. It gives the voting public the say and the clear choice they deserve.

Nowadays political parties steal each other clothes and the confused public think their all the same and don't bother to vote anymore.

Labour could have brought this policy in, in 2015 and Cameron could have given his MP's a free vote. Gay Marriage would have passed and everyone would be happy, well sort of.

This is a democracy and if you don't believe same sex marriage is a good thing that is your right and a perfectly valid viewpoint. If you do think its the right thing to do, that is valid as well.

Personally I don't see much difference between civil partnerships and same sex marriage, apart from this lack of recognition abroad argument. I have no real objection as long as the European Court never gets involved which I think may still happen, especially because of the legal ban in the church of England, going by what the lawyers are now saying. I think that because of my age, I doubt I will ever really get used to the concept though. When gay men in the media speak about their husbands, I really can't take that seriously, although I wouldn't say any thing, so as not to offend anyone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a double whammy for those of us who support gay marriage and dislike Cameron.

Sounds like he's made a huge blunder then.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PrestonAl wrote: »
    Well the ones he's losing would be through old age I would think. That's where all of the homophobia is really coming from.

I'm sure UKIP wont mind them though.

One day you will be old, assuming your not now and there will be new things you can't accept. People that grew up in a different era with different social constraints and values have a right to stick to what they know.
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One day you will be old, assuming your not now and there will be new things you can't accept. People that grew up in a different era with different social constraints and values have a right to stick to what they know.

But isn't that similar to when you talk about people from different cultures not adapting to life in today's Britain? If you're not prepared to alter your attitudes/values/beliefs, then how can you expect them to?
    Forum Member
    You're right one day we'll all be old, but lets be realistic the old generation in question are becoming irrelevant, once they die off the progressive baby boomers will shape the future even moreso.