My Take On "Boring" Sam And Sophie

2»

Comments

• SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twigs2001 wrote: »
    Surely your going to see him, thats inevitable in a small house and especially in the safehouse where he has no choice but to talk to sophie, but i bet he isn't doing anything other then lying down somewhere mumbling a couple of words. hes a complete non-entity....look at when dex/gina & hazel/daley were in the safehouse, they featured in most of the highlights, with sam & sophie you don't see half as much because they are completely uninteresting people.

Big brother even gives them their first safe house assignment to ask questions in the diary room and they even manage to make that a complete BORE...

Gina and Dexter where shown more because they had more things to do in the safe house, they got to watch the HM's for one. Plus they constantly bitched so it's no surprise they got so much air time.
  • amelie74amelie74 Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    revolver44 wrote: »
    They're the epitome of fence sitting bores who have no interest in getting involved emotionally. If they wanted to impress they should have opted out of the safe house this week & decided to face an eviction night, so they could experience every aspect of BB.
    Instead they were more than happy to move into the safe house where they could evade nominations & spend another week sat on the fence enjoying luxuries & an easy time. But the joke's on them & if there's any justice one of them should go Friday.

I agree. I think they have decided to play nice and not get into arguments to avoid nomination.

Sam genuinely seems to be a nice lad. I think because of his hearing disability he sometimes feels a bit detached from the rest of the hms particularly in a group situation.

Sophie is as hard as nails imo and if she was 'being herself' would be more argumentative but she has deliberately decided to play this down to stay safe.

I think Dan will go unfortunately and the boring duo will virtually have a free pass to the final.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There you go, on live feed right now they are telling Sam he has to get into an argument .. he says nobody will give me an argument lol

Interesting timing :D
  • twigs2001twigs2001 Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    muggins14 wrote: »
    There you go, on live feed right now they are telling Sam he has to get into an argument .. he says nobody will give me an argument lol

Interesting timing :D

I almost fell of my chair laughing at that, its totally a highlight of the series so far for me oh haha ha :rolleyes:
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    twigs2001 wrote: »
    I almost fell of my chair laughing at that, its totally a highlight of the series so far for me oh haha ha :rolleyes:
    Hardly my point, but you carry on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think that's true. BB will always go for an easy 'story' - a romance or a fight - rather than the ordinary ways housemates amuse themselves. If you don't have a romance or a fight you will just be edited out, no matter what you say or do.
    Ok, so what kind of interesting Sophie/Sam storylines and antics do you think are being intentionally omitted?

Day 47: Sophie and Sam are in the treehouse, engaged in a spirited debate over personal freedoms vs national security.

Seriously, they're boring because they're boring. It's in Big Brother's best interests for all housemates to be central to the show. Of course conflict and romance are the big hooks, but there are plenty of examples of housemates who don't feature in either and still get extensive airtime. Is Sophie particularly funny? Does she make interesting observations? Does she possess other qualities besides "being a nice girl" which would make engage viewers? Of course not.
  • FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are dull, I don't watch BB to watch people getting along and do nothing. I start to doze off when they are shown on the LF. This is an entertainment show and the days of HMs just breezing to the final because they get along with everyone should be over. Just because they're nice doesn't mean they automatically deserve a spot in the final. Although to be fair, there have been nice people on BB that have actually been entertaining as well. Sam & Sophie just don't fall into that category. I'm not sure what the producers could have been thinking when they put them in there.

I see this show as nothing more than a reality soap these days. I know a lot of people will hate that term (reality soap) but that's how the current series feels like with the ongoing storylines and edit. Honestly, I'm okay with that because I don't take this show seriously in the slighest and I certainly don't see it as some sort of morality play where the kindest has to win. It's just an hour or so of silly escapism and the one that has entertained and added the most to the series should win. What have Sam & Sophie added to the show? Absolutely nothing and I feel sorry for the editors who have to piece together their best bits. Of course everyone has their own definitions of what's entertaining and all but for me, Sam & Sophie are not it in the slightest.
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do people really think that whilst us 'idiots' are watching the other HMs on the HLs show...Sam and Sophie are in the background being highly entertaining....a bit like Lou and Andy...when he jumps out of the wheelchair. :D