Options

witnessing drug taking

Happy_ChappyHappy_Chappy Posts: 1,719
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I just saw 3 men taking drugs outside across the street from where I live. I recorded them and took a photo, but now I've got cold feet about reporting them as I don't want to be in any danger :o Should I report it or just leave it?

Comments

• Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leave it, they are only harming themselves no one else, is this what you do snitch on people? find something interesting to do with your own life and stop interfering in others
  • Options
    chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you can walk into a pub and see many people take drugs (alcohol), and standing outside of said pub you'll see more people taking drugs (smoking).
  • Options
    far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    chenks wrote: »
    you can walk into a pub and see many people take drugs (alcohol), and standing outside of said pub you'll see more people taking drugs (smoking).

wow, alchohol and tobacco are also drugs, it's not like anyone has used that argument before.... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    far2cool wrote: »
    wow, alchohol and tobacco are also drugs, it's not like anyone has used that argument before.... :rolleyes:

its true though
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the argument will really go downhill when they mention caffiene:eek::D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    I would just leave it and hope they didnt see you recording them !!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    its true though

yes but I imagine the OP was referring to illegal drugs....
  • Options
    Happy_ChappyHappy_Chappy Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry if it seemed like I was wanting to interfere or make something out of nothing. I just heard some shouting outside my window, so looked out and saw the men snort something, run around in the road, then try to bang a door down and walk off shouting at some passersby. I only recorded it because I was doing some work and had my camera in my hand when I heard them. I've never seen anything like that before so I wasn't sure if it was something you were supposed to report if you see it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrsgoose wrote: »
    I would just leave it and hope they didnt see you recording them !!!

hell yeh, i know what i would do if i saw someone filming me
  • Options
    Mrs de WinterMrs de Winter Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I wouldn't report something like this unless it became a regular occurrence/nuisance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

the OP didn't mention anything about illegal drugs though
  • Options
    Forum Member

Are you really trying to suggest he's considering reporting someone with a pack of marlbro lights and special brew?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you really trying to suggest he's considering reporting someone with a pack of marlbro lights and special brew?
    lol:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

you'd probably get more trouble from someone doing that than anything else.
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    I just saw 3 men taking drugs outside across the street from where I live. I recorded them and took a photo, but now I've got cold feet about reporting them as I don't want to be in any danger :o Should I report it or just leave it?

You can report such things anonymously here http://www.crimestoppers-uk.org/ though the local police wouldn't disclose your details anyway.

A couple of years ago I did see a couple of men exchanging something behind a local petrol station but I couldn't really see what it was because I was too far away so I didn't report it. Had it clearly been white powder in packets being exchanged for money then I almost certainly would have reported it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IIRC, it's only possession you can get done for. Videoing someone taking drugs isn't enough to get charged. If I was aware of someone dealing I might take a different view, but in the meantime as long as its causing you no harm, live and let live.
  • Options
    Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same here. Taking drugs is doing no-one any harm except them, but if I saw them dealing it I'd definitely report them.
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you'd probably get more trouble from someone doing that than anything else.

Even bath salts? A pint and a **** isn't likely to inspire you to chew someone's face off.
  • Options
    muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Never have I seen a more inappropriate user name.

Do your self a favour and leave well alone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Since when were alcohol and **** classed as drugs:confused:
  • Options
    muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    Since when were alcohol and **** classed as drugs:confused:
    A drug, broadly speaking, is any substance that, when absorbed into the body of a living organism, alters normal bodily function

Ergo. Alcohol and **** are classed as drugs. They are classed as recreational drugs. They are not however classed as medicinal drugs or controlled drugs or illegal drugs.
  • Options
    FlannyFlanny Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I worked for the council I saw some guy getting spoken to by police and they sent him on his way, The police walked off and then he came down by where I was and picked a packet containing powder. Didn't bother reporting him though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    orangebird wrote: »
    IIRC, it's only possession you can get done for. Videoing someone taking drugs isn't enough to get charged. If I was aware of someone dealing I might take a different view, but in the meantime as long as its causing you no harm, live and let live.

I agree. I think you should mind your own business OP.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,944
    Forum Member

Perfectly legal ones though. There is the difference.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,944
    Forum Member
    pugamo wrote: »
    Even bath salts? A pint and a **** isn't likely to inspire you to chew someone's face off.

It hasn't even been proven what the guy took.