606 Ian Wright

HeadancerHeadancer Posts: 463
Forum Member
Appreciate Alan Green wasn't everybodys cup of tea but my goodness....what a shocker

Ian Wright and ....er who on earth is Kelly Crates ?

What was up with Alan Green or indeed Mark Chapman etc ?

At least the Colin Murray Friday night lovein has been well and truly smashed :p

Comments

• HeadancerHeadancer Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    ah just realised

Kenny Dalglish daughter, shoe horned into a nice little earner !

Was there a job interview process for this position ?
  • Black CrowBlack Crow Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Headancer wrote: »
    Appreciate Alan Green wasn't everybodys cup of tea but my goodness....what a shocker

Ian Wright and ....er who on earth is Kelly Crates ?

What was up with Alan Green or indeed Mark Chapman etc ?

At least the Colin Murray Friday night lovein has been well and truly smashed :p

Chappers is covering the main sports coverage on Saturdays now, and of course doing MOTD2/MOTD2 Extra.

With regards your questions about Kelly CATES - her maiden name was Dalglish, that might point you in the right direction.
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like I'm not listening to this again then. Robbie Savage is just bout the line, Ian Wright presenting is pole vaulting over it.

Terrible pundit. Terrible presenter. Terrible choice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He fills the vacancy left by Spoony.
  • STeelySTeely Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    Bring back Danny Baker
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,839
    Forum Member
    Why not get a press man in who might be neutral and interested in teams outside the usual top 4/6...
  • RedunitedRedunited Posts: 1,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see politicly correct bbc employing kelly crates.Bbc 5 live your #headsgone
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He fills the vacancy left by Spoony.

Spoony was dire, but he's 10 times better than this clown.
  • HeadancerHeadancer Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    Glad it isn't me.

Alan Green sounds like broadcasting Gold compared to Ian Wright !

I cannot believe that given some half decent talent within 5Live they have resorted to Ian Wright ?

What possible details on the CV has somebody seen and thought "must get him in" !

And no disrespect to Ms Dalglish BUT there is always the suspicion that people like this get the job based on a name rather than actual capabilities.........

This is handing the slot to Talksport on a plate .....
  • franchisefranchise Posts: 1,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark F wrote: »
    Why not get a press man in who might be neutral and interested in teams outside the usual top 4/6...

Not any of the usual suspects dug up on 5Live and talkSPORT then. It'd make it a constant Redknapp love-in.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any word if Rock n Roll football are still gonna be using him
  • The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark F wrote: »

talkSPORT already does this in the form of The Press Pass with Des Kelly. Not a phone-in but it goes out at the same time 606 does on Sunday afternoons so you might find it a decent choice of an alternative to Ian Wright.
    Yordel wrote: »
    Any word if Rock n Roll football are still gonna be using him

Yes - Absolute Radio issued a press release confirming that he will be continuing on their Saturday evening phone-in during the week: http://onegoldensquare.com/2013/08/news-sky-sports-extends-sponsorship-of-football-commentary-on-absolute-radio-now-also-available-on-fm/

Here is Radio Today's report on this news: http://radiotoday.co.uk/2013/08/absolute-radio-puts-football-coverage-on-fm/
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,839
    Forum Member
    The Diff - Yes I do listen to that is I can but it is a shame generally pundits would prefer just to talk about a select few teams but I guess that is what gets them ratings.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    Glad it isn't me.

Alan Green sounds like broadcasting Gold compared to Ian Wright !

I cannot believe that given some half decent talent within 5Live they have resorted to Ian Wright ?

What possible details on the CV has somebody seen and thought "must get him in" !

And no disrespect to Ms Dalglish BUT there is always the suspicion that people like this get the job based on a name rather than actual capabilities.........

This is handing the slot to Talksport on a plate .....

Haven't heard much of Kelly but Ian Wright is rubbish
  • wns_195wns_195 Posts: 13,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did Caroline Barker get to present 606 on Saturday to prepare the listeners for Kelly Cates?
    no disrespect to Ms Dalglish BUT there is always the suspicion that people like this get the job based on a name rather than actual capabilities.........

She probably did. The Radio 1 chart show presenter apparently got her job because of her connections.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wns_195 wrote: »
    Did Caroline Barker get to present 606 on Saturday to prepare the listeners for Kelly Cates?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    She got the chance because Darren Fletcher had BT Sport committments. Caroline is incredibly knowledgeable about football and presents the Non-League Football show for 5Live.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every time I listen Ian Wright is going on and on about Arsenal. Surely they could have got someone less biased.
  • CyrilTheWaspCyrilTheWasp Posts: 2,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wright and Cates must win hands down for the worst and most nauseating football phone in ever.
  • radio4extracrapradio4extracrap Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One womders with these cretins and campbell riley burden amd derbyshire whether the bbc mandarims are purposefully killing off radio five.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    One womders with these cretins and campbell riley burden amd derbyshire whether the bbc mandarims are purposefully killing off radio five.
    That same thought has crossed my mind too...
  • Black CrowBlack Crow Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every time I listen Ian Wright is going on and on about Arsenal. Surely they could have got someone less biased.

Surely anybody presenting the show today would have been talking about Aresnal, as they had just beaten Spurs in the game directly before they started on air.
  • Mrs MillsMrs Mills Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stopped listening since these 2 came on.I never understand why they need 2 presenters on a show that is supposed to be about the fans views.
  • steveciscostevecisco Posts: 387
    Forum Member
    Whilst talking about footie today with someone, they totally unprompted mentioned how much they use to enjoyed 606 on a Sunday, but now they have to switch off with Ian Wright.
    This came from a guy who likes good sports talk radio and Radio 4 speech based programmes. He enjoys intelligent knowledgeable Presenters, such as Alan Green. He also had no idea, who the annoying woman on the show was.

If this is repeated across the country Wrighty and CO could be walking after the next few RAJARS. The BBC should be setting standards, rather then dropping them again.
  • AZ fanAZ fan Posts: 1,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's important that the licence fee payers know just who the BBC are employing at our expense. Ian Wright said that Eden Hazard had done "OK" in France. I can only assume Mr.Wright sets incredibly high standards because Hazard was 2x Player of the Year and 2x Young Player of the Year before that. Had he won the award in England last season, for which he was shortlisted, he would have won an award for five consecutive seasons. I certainly won't be listening to this excuse of a pundit on the BBC.
  • Harry_StevensHarry_Stevens Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both have worked for Talksport in the past but when I heard them announce that 606 follows with Ian Wright my footballing heart just sank..........Alan Green is the man.:)