Is the comedy ''Vicious'' coming back?

Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
Forum Member
I thought a second series was promised?
Especially as Sir Ian said they saw the faults in the first series and would rectify them for the second.

I really enjoyed the series apart from a couple of really naff episodes!

Anyone know?

Comments

• degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    It starts filming this month.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The faults in the first series are that they bothered to make it at all! One of the most dreadful things ever broadcast.
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    The faults in the first series are that they bothered to make it at all! One of the most dreadful things ever broadcast.

Can't agree at all with this comment. I thought it was very funny and is quite deserving of a second series,

Don't know what faults he was referring to.
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    The faults were the scripts, the series only managed to be enjoyable for me because it was obvious how much fun the cast was having with it. Watching brilliant actors being allowed to ham it up, knowing but clearly not caring how bad the scripts were, is entertaining in itself.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Delay in season 2 was due to both actors schedules

That's the problem when you have two such established actors who are never out of work and normally do several projects a year.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The faults were the scripts, the series only managed to be enjoyable for me because it was obvious how much fun the cast was having with it. Watching brilliant actors being allowed to ham it up, knowing but clearly not caring how bad the scripts were, is entertaining in itself.

I'm not sure I agree it was bad, but I do agree that half the fun of the show was seeing the actors enjoying what they were doing.

Ian and Derek make a great team.
  • MeridaMerida Posts: 2,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was poor at first but it definitely improved. I thought the episode in the nightclub was really good, I laughed loads at that one.
  • DCM10DCM10 Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Totally disagree. Some of the scripts were weak but it wasn't a dreadful series
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was appalling. What a waste of three fine actors. The bloke who played the one McKellen was lusting after was especially terrible, broadcasting lines and mannerisms as if trying to reach the cheap seats in the O2. The tone of the whole thing was like a hangover from the seventies but with added gay content.
  • DCM10DCM10 Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was appalling. What a waste of three fine actors. The bloke who played the one McKellen was lusting after was especially terrible, broadcasting lines and mannerisms as if trying to reach the cheap seats in the O2. The tone of the whole thing was like a hangover from the seventies but with added gay content.

Well enough people liked it for a second series to be commissioned. Perhaps you should avoid it as you obviously don't like old fashioned comedy :)
  • MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 20,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Exactly how I feel.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DCM10 wrote: »
    Well enough people liked it for a second series to be commissioned. Perhaps you should avoid it as you obviously don't like old fashioned comedy :)

Did I give the impression I'd be torturing myself with it again? Fortunately with it being on ITV it's habit for me to avoid it, just like I do with 99% of their output!

ITV are just thrilled at having Jacobi and McKellen in a show. They would've recommissioned it regardless.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was good fun and easily worthy of a second series!
  • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    Did I give the impression I'd be torturing myself with it again? Fortunately with it being on ITV it's habit for me to avoid it, just like I do with 99% of their output!

ITV are just thrilled at having Jacobi and McKellen in a show. They would've recommissioned it regardless.

Indeed the ratings collapsed throughout the run.
  • knawtitypaosknawtitypaos Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    Dreadful program. What were McKellen and Jacobi thinking???
  • primosprimosprimosprimos Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dreadful program. What were McKellen and Jacobi thinking???

Have to agree. I hope they didn't need the money.

I was embarrassed for them both, as well as for the wonderful Frances deLaTour.

As noted, the young boyfriend was playing to the bartender waiting for the theater goers to leave their seats and have a drink during intermission. He was awful and in need of acting classes.
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,924
    Forum Member
    I thought it was dreadful.

The technical aspects for improvement (e.g. the main actors tending to shout because they were in theatrical rather than TV recording mode) could be easily achieved, but the concept and content of the programme was off; the two main characters dislikeable, the inexplicable Ash with his faux t’north accent, the silliness without charm.

It wasn’t good.