Options

Has anyone else really gone off Michelle?

Comments

• Options
    calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree, plus she must know far more about the gay community's concerns and needs than many straight viewers. Also, I think she's doing Alicia a favour; Alicia does need to toughen up and esteem up ... she was being used by Perez. I like that Michelle cares enough to try to help her. Overall, watching her lose it with the stress of being around Perez, I think she's done very well indeed.
    Michelle is hard faced hard woman... and you cant force someone whos soft like Alicia to put on a front and fight like her.... it doesnt happen like that and could lead to Alicia hating herself in the end...a little assertiveness wouldnt go wrong but not to be like some of them who are downright bully frightening women... keep your softness Alicia.. and if they think your away with the fairies then maybe that would be better company than this coven ..
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, plus she must know far more about the gay community's concerns and needs than many straight viewers. Also, I think she's doing Alicia a favour; Alicia does need to toughen up and esteem up ... she was being used by Perez. I like that Michelle cares enough to try to help her. Overall, watching her lose it with the stress of being around Perez, I think she's done very well indeed.

Of for God's sake....what is it Michelle Visage's business how Alicia Duvall conducts herself in the house. WHo made her the guardian of Alicia's behaviour. Preposterous:D

Seems to me Michelle has had too many sychophantic people feeding her ego.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of for God's sake....what is it Michelle Visage's business how Alicia Duvall conducts herself in the house. WHo made her the guardian of Alicia's behaviour. Preposterous:D

It's quite ironic considering how her mate Katie P makes out that Nadia tries to control other people's behaviour and tells them the correct way in which they should behave.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's quite ironic considering how her mate Katie P makes out that Nadia tries to control other people's behaviour and tells them the correct way in which they should behave.

isn't it just.;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    She's still my favourite.
  • Options
    humpty dumptyhumpty dumpty Posts: 4,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bbcrzy wrote: »
    worked as a supervisor for years, have had to use skills to read people for honesty. I think emotion is colouring many people's opinions here, not neccessarily AGE or lack of experience.

as for IQ, some people have street smarts and others are naive. Neither really counts when it comes to Big Brother and OPINION

i read michelle as a hardcore FAKE. she has her little speeches she bolsters the others, riles them up and sets em loose....sitting back waiting for the chance to play 'the voice of reason'.

while I appreciate her attempts at gameplay, i think she's backed the wrong horse. Chloe and cami were the meangirls and i think the old bird was trying too hard to join into the young crowd.

its kinda sad. I still think she's making sure Cami is going to go before she does. ITs about making sure other people are your human shield thus giving you a better chance at staying.

I couldn't agree more.
  • Options
    Nollaig79Nollaig79 Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    worked as a supervisor for years, have had to use skills to read people for honesty. I think emotion is colouring many people's opinions here, not neccessarily AGE or lack of experience.

as for IQ, some people have street smarts and others are naive. Neither really counts when it comes to Big Brother and OPINION

i read michelle as a hardcore FAKE. she has her little speeches she bolsters the others, riles them up and sets em loose....sitting back waiting for the chance to play 'the voice of reason'.

while I appreciate her attempts at gameplay, i think she's backed the wrong horse. Chloe and cami were the meangirls and i think the old bird was trying too hard to join into the young crowd.

its kinda sad. I still think she's making sure Cami is going to go before she does. ITs about making sure other people are your human shield thus giving you a better chance at staying.

Well said, and spot on. I have totally gone of Michelle as well, for those reasons.
  • Options
    Nollaig79Nollaig79 Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with you. It became so transparent when she put on the tears in her first speech about gay rights.
    I didn't know what group she was talking about when she said 'we', as in a group she belonged to, so I was a bit confused. It was only later in her speech that she mentioned that she was talking about gay rights and I could hardly believe what I was hearing.

Michelle was just looking for the sympathy vote when she did that little speech. She comes across as being very patronising towards Gay people.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She likes Katie, enough said.
  • Options
    greenyonegreenyone Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Totally agree
  • Options
    Philip_ClarkePhilip_Clarke Posts: 1,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robertfitz wrote: »
    The whole 'I am the official spokesperson for the whole gay community and we do not want Perez because he is too camp' thing is so see through

I've gone off her. I initally wanted her to win but as a gay man I do not agree with her behaviour. after the whole Alexander bussiness. She tells the guy who said it off for just over one second before laying into the victim by shouting across the room for two minutes.
    No thank you.

She is not my ambassador/ representative.
  • Options
    linmiclinmic Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought I would like her. I wanted to like her. But I'm sick of her pious attitude tbh.
  • Options
    SeveneyesSeveneyes Posts: 12,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not really gone off her,and I'm not sure why anyone else would... most of things people are pointing out she has been doing since day one.. Maybe she's just friendly with the 'wrong' housemates...for some posters ;-)
  • Options
    CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really disappointed in Michelle. I thought in the early days she would be "her own person" and not be dragged along by group mentality. Her affiliation with Katie and the mean girls has not done her any favours with the public. In all this mess in the house Alicia is actually coming over as the female who will speak her mind directly without any real backing behind her. She will challenge mean girls directly - unlike Nadia or Patsy - who just whisper in the corner.
  • Options
    JayUK69JayUK69 Posts: 1,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not gone off her at all, in fact I like her more. Best housemate this series by a mile.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JayUK69 wrote: »
    Not gone off her at all, in fact I like her more. Best housemate this series by a mile.

I actually glad you have a fave, I can't stand most of them..and yet I still tune in:blush:
  • Options
    fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Excellent post.
    She does appear to have quite ferocious fans who I imagine tear up with anger at any criticism of her..............I did not know who she was prior to entering the house but it appears she has some kind of idol status, which she thoroughly enjoys and wants to expand ...

I quite liked her the first few days, but I find her hard nosed and ruthless for her own ends and a massive hypocrite who will readily tell porkies to stay in the 'strong' pack ......she is far too quick to get on the soap box and the OTT crying just ridiculous.. it is becoming tedious......her actual behaviour in the house pretty much goes against all that she spouts, others talk of HM's being 'enablers' and that is her to a T, she does not address downright poor behaviour to a perceived 'weak' member of the house, but encourages it, enjoys it and loads the gun and watches it kick off..of course always ready to calm and stoke the hair of her 'strong' girls...........I find nothing admirable about an individual that wants to act martyr to a cause and yet indulges in pretty skanky behaviour to any one she considers less than worthy of being treated with common decency and respect regardless of if they like them as a person..........she doesn't like generalisations and poor treatment of a particular group/person and yet does not practice what she (often) preaches...which makes her appear all the more insincere.
    She enjoys the pedestal she is on and just wants to widen the net here and I think in that respect she will have gained new fans so job done.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent post.
    She does appear to have quite ferocious fans who I imagine tear up with anger at any criticism of her..............I did not know who she was prior to entering the house but it appears she has some kind of idol status, which she thoroughly enjoys and wants to expand ...

I quite liked her the first few days, but I find her hard nosed and ruthless for her own ends and a massive hypocrite who will readily tell porkies to stay in the 'strong' pack ......she is far too quick to get on the soap box and the OTT crying just ridiculous.. it is becoming tedious......her actual behaviour in the house pretty much goes against all that she spouts, others talk of HM's being 'enablers' and that is her to a T, she does not address downright poor behaviour to a perceived 'weak' member of the house, but encourages it, enjoys it and loads the gun and watches it kick off..of course always ready to calm and stoke the hair of her 'strong' girls...........I find nothing admirable about an individual that wants to act martyr to a cause and yet indulges in pretty skanky behaviour to any one she considers less than worthy of being treated with common decency and respect regardless of if they like them as a person..........she doesn't like generalisations and poor treatment of a particular group/person and yet does not practice what she (often) preaches...which makes her appear all the more insincere.
    She enjoys the pedestal she is on and just wants to widen the net here and I think in that respect she will have gained new fans so job done.

Great post.
  • Options
    sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel pretty similar
    I thought I was going to love her after my teenage son kept telling me how amazing she was but I feel disappointed that she's aligned herself so strongly with Katie Hopkins

To be fair. Where can she go? She don't like Mario so she can't go to Nadia or Patsy? Who else? Calum? He hangs around Cami Li who Hopkins follows around.she don't have much choice.

If Mario left then it may change things. As it is Michelle and Hopkins have something in common.
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    Excellent post.

It's interesting the difference between how she describes herself and how her actions describe her.
    Describes herself as standing up for outcasts and minorities, yet referred to Alicia as "Dingbat" and is happy to engage in pack attacks of someone she describes as "weak" and has "one brain cell", not quite the champion of the outcast there then.....
    The hypocritical whipping up of Cami and Chloe to attack Alicia for taking a banana when she and Katie had carefully stolen and hidden food earlier, a case of do as i say and not as i do?
    The champion of LGBT rights but doesn't attack the HM who calls a gay man a "****" but instead berates the gay man for being the wrong sort of gay.
    Anyone who repeatedly tells me they are one thing when their actions belie their propaganda is an unreliable narrator.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    To be fair. Where can she go? She don't like Mario so she can't go to Nadia or Patsy? Who else? Calum? He hangs around Cami Li who Hopkins follows around.she don't have much choice.

If Mario left then it may change things. As it is Michelle and Hopkins have something in common.

I hadn't even considered this. It's true, she doesn't really have any other friendship options. They mutual distaste for Perez had bonded them.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really disappointed in her TBH. I thought she was great the first few days - she seems to have a really nasty streak in her.

Me too. She's turned out to be a histrionic awful woman and such a disappointment. Her latest round of spiel last night to Alicia was unbelievably stupid and patronising. Alicia has more balls than she' ll ever has and doesn't hide behind a juvenile gang, with the biggest gobshite deciding she will shut them up and speak for them all. Mindless sheep doesn't begin to cover it.
  • Options
    JayUK69JayUK69 Posts: 1,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually glad you have a fave, I can't stand most of them..and yet I still tune in:blush:

Even if Michelle left, I'd still tune in as it's car crash TV at its best.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    planets wrote: »
    It's interesting the difference between how she describes herself and how her actions describe her.
    Describes herself as standing up for outcasts and minorities, yet referred to Alicia as "Dingbat" and is happy to engage in pack attacks of someone she describes as "weak" and has "one brain cell", not quite the champion of the outcast there then.....
    The hypocritical whipping up of Cami and Chloe to attack Alicia for taking a banana when she and Katie had carefully stolen and hidden food earlier, a case of do as i say and not as i do?
    The champion of LGBT rights but doesn't attack the HM who calls a gay man a "****" but instead berates the gay man for being the wrong sort of gay.
    Anyone who repeatedly tells me they are one thing when their actions belie their propaganda is an unreliable narrator.

Nicely put, planets ;-)
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well said. She's an expert gun loader and well practised at whipping up any situation into a frenzy to give herself the caring role at the end of the mess. I began to doubt her when Ken was rude to her about shagging Callum. She immediately said she wasn't offended but the others would be. In other words I'm far too together to be offended unlike the other women. That was spineless and passing the buck.Then she slagged him off behind his back, of course.