Jack's Vortex Manipulator

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,553
Forum Member
✭✭✭
assuming that Martha gives Jack his Vortex Manipulator back at the end of finale..and that it's still working, how will this effect the stories of TW series 2.
when Jack returns to TW, i'm guessing that he will be wearing this again and it won't surprise Gwen and co as he used it in series 1...But will he now use the Teleport function facility now with ease?

so when he and the team have lost the TW mobile or are once again trapped in the hub :rolleyes: they can all grab on to Jack and transport to ground level.
may be RTD is doing his bit for Climate change and wants to get rid of the TW mobile, so from now on they will transport to crime scenes.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,193
    Forum Member
    Or it gets broke or it's needed to repair the Tardis or it contains the answer, the ultimate answer -sorry wrong show - to the Master
  • kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm wondering how much of a time travel element will be brought in (assuming that part still functions)
  • GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't think it'll keep working. Can't have Torchwood time hopping... need to keep the budgets down ;)

maybe something will happen to the vortex in the next episode which will mean it destroys everything connected with it...

apart from the TARDIS.

Not the best theory ever, I'll work on it
  • TakeDown247TakeDown247 Posts: 1,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope Jack's Vortex Manipulator doesn't get broke again, would of come in very handy last series in Torchwood when this family went from 1950 to 2007 and couldn't get back had Jack's Vortex Manipulator been working he could of taken them back
  • kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope Jack's Vortex Manipulator doesn't get broke again, would of come in very handy last series in Torchwood when this family went from 1950 to 2007 and couldn't get back had Jack's Vortex Manipulator been working he could of taken them back

Would have been a rather short episode then though......

They come through the rift

Jack takes them back

Someone sh*gs someone

The end
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    i reckopn the vortex manipulator thingy will be the key in fixing the doctors tardis. then again i could be horribly wrong
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kegsie wrote: »

Jack takes them back

Someone sh*gs someone

The end

lol was just thinking that

that was a sad episode
  • TakeDown247TakeDown247 Posts: 1,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kegsie wrote: »

Jack takes them back

Someone sh*gs someone

The end

It would of been a short episode but it was a good one,
    I really wanted to see those people get back to there time
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mr saxon wrote: »
    i reckopn the vortex manipulator thingy will be the key in fixing the doctors tardis. then again i could be horribly wrong

I reckon it'll be tied up with that, Jack will have to give it up to save the TARDIS or something. I honestly honestly can't see him taking it back in its fixed form.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,988
    Forum Member
    Two options I think
    1. Doctor uses it to repair Tardis
    2. Master uses to escape and fight another day
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    allisonbm2 wrote: »
    Two options I think
    1. Doctor uses it to repair Tardis
    2. Master uses to escape and fight another day

option 2 without a doubt!!!;)
  • alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    I hope Martha gets to keep it, so in S4 she's got the power to teleport herself

It reminded me loads of the tomorrow people!! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    or Blake's 7
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    Not realising that it was a 3-parter (yes I do live in a cave!) I expected Martha to jump on the Master, and teleport him away with her to some unknown destination, leaving the Doctor a couple of minutes to fix everything, StarTrek style, and then spend his remaining half series looking for the Master and Martha.

Anyway, if the Doctor is so clever, why didn't he set the VM to arrive before the +/- 18 month leeway on the Masters arrival, the most he would have to wait was 3 years, plenty of time to get ready.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that was a sad episode
    In every sense.
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    Team53 wrote: »
    assuming that Martha gives Jack his Vortex Manipulator back at the end of finale..and that it's still working, how will this effect the stories of TW series 2.
    when Jack returns to TW, i'm guessing that he will be wearing this again and it won't surprise Gwen and co as he used it in series 1...But will he now use the Teleport function facility now with ease?

so when he and the team have lost the TW mobile or are once again trapped in the hub :rolleyes: they can all grab on to Jack and transport to ground level.
    may be RTD is doing his bit for Climate change and wants to get rid of the TW mobile, so from now on they will transport to crime scenes.

I think the Doctor wil ldisable it as not to allow Jack the freedom to time travel and possible corrupting the time line. We all know the Doctor likes to have exclusivity on that :D Probably why he destroyed the TLs, so they wouldn't restrict this time travel experiences
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Listentome wrote: »
    I think the Doctor wil ldisable it as not to allow Jack the freedom to time travel and possible corrupting the time line. We all know the Doctor likes to have exclusivity on that :D Probably why he destroyed the TLs, so they wouldn't restrict this time travel experiences

there is a youtube clip kicking about that shows the Doctor doing something to Jacks VM before Jack walks away and salutes them.

Mind you if Jack buys the next DWA magazine he'll be able to make 'Jacks Vortex Manipulator'!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    now to make a Vortex Manipulator all you need is...:D
    Forum Member
    sticky back plastic!...no thats Blue peter...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,193
    Forum Member
    allisonbm2 wrote: »
    sticky back plastic!...no thats Blue peter...

Write in and they might make one
    Forum Member
    Write in and they might make one

I think I can cope without one somehow:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listentome wrote: »

Spot on, you win tonight's star prize, a cruise on the TITANIC :D