Forum Member
When all's said and done, I reckon 15m.

Too much? :D

Comments

• CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just BBC 1 or worldwide? :p What about cinema go-ers! :eek::D

Also, are iPlayer ratings being included in the +7 yet? It was due before the end of the year.
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Live viewers, it's up against bloody X Factor, so it'll be lucky to get 7million
  • A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FunkyJawa wrote: »

9.7 million on BBC1

Cinemas that's 200 times 200 not too much.
  • A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Live viewers, it's up against bloody X Factor, so it'll be lucky to get 7million

X factors had its day.

ThIs has David Tenant , add a few million for that.
  • paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member

Strictly got 10m against X-Factor Saturday - anyway X-Factor has been losing the ratings battle against Strictly.
  • Yog101Yog101 Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FunkyJawa wrote: »

Including the +7 I'd hope to see about 15-16m.

Overnights possibly 11-12m.

I'm sure I'm being far too optimistic though
  • Flash81tFlash81t Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    The highest ratings of any show this year!
    it will also do respectful numbers in the cinema, this is going to be the media event of the year,simple as!
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably 8 million on the overnights. Well into double fingers when everything else is taken into account.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    Worldwide I estimate 200 million.........lets start a book lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,430
    Forum Member
    I'd say 10-12 million. Think about it, it has both Tenant and Smith in it. Tennant fans will watch it and regular fans will obviously watch it. So, definitely more than 8 million :p
  • BatmannequinBatmannequin Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    7m on the night, up to about 10m with iPlayer etc.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Between 8 and 9 Million Overnights.

12 Million for the official figures.

No idea on Cinema or worldwide figures.
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Around 9 million overnight...timeshift to about 12.5 million.
  • joe_000joe_000 Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ten million plus I reckon. It's got Matt and David in it together for the first time and Billie returning plus john hurt. 21st century version of the three doctors!! Probably more if Chris had been in it too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Havent posted in the WHo threads for a while crikey!

ANyways i was wondering as to how the cinema viewers will be taken into account as so many are booked....including myself (so excited!)

Anwyays this looks set to really have massive ratings i mean...the cliffhanger of TNOTD, the fact its the 50th and the Beeb are doing massive promos now, Tennant and Smith in the SAME episode, Billie Piper return, John Hurt will be in it, Daleks, Zygons return....and so much more....it deserves to ensure it gets the most viewers of Nu-Who to date...please! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    Havent posted in the WHo threads for a while crikey!

ANyways i was wondering as to how the cinema viewers will be taken into account as so many are booked....including myself (so excited!)

Anwyays this looks set to really have massive ratings i mean...the cliffhanger of TNOTD, the fact its the 50th and the Beeb are doing massive promos now, Tennant and Smith in the SAME episode, Billie Piper return, John Hurt will be in it, Daleks, Zygons return....and so much more....it deserves to ensure it gets the most viewers of Nu-Who to date...please! :)

OMG it's Josh Pinder. Everyone's favourite Madonna fanatic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rasp wrote: »
    OMG it's Josh Pinder. Everyone's favourite Madonna fanatic.

which one are you? lol :eek::D
  • F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    between 9 - 12 million on the overnights I would think
    Add iPLayer and timeshifts then it could probably take it up to 15-16 million.
    over that week 18million
    add the cinema goers...a million UK? 10 - 20 million world wide. another 15 - 20m watching on tele world wide.
    Total - 60m viewers? I would imagine a good number will add to that twice and thrice with repeat viewing too, watching at cinemas then going home to watch on iplayer and then watching their sky recording the next day lol....what? Not like I'm planning on doing that :D

I fully epect it to be top requested & viewed IPlayer show ever.
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For UK viewing figures only, my guess would be between 8 and 9 million, but I'm not totally ruling out just breaking the 10 million mark.
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Christmas special rates higher.
  • owlycherriesowlycherries Posts: 2,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    8 million ish.
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Christmas special rates higher.

Is probably the likely answer. Christmas time - people will be at home, around the TV anyway.

For the 50th, the die hards (and lesser so like myself) will be at the cinema. Even the 9.30pm repeat showing at my local is selling seats quite well.

I could not give the slightest **** about it being in 3D, but there's no way I'm turning down the opportunity to see the show on the big screen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member

I reckon it will get more than The X Factor as viewing figures for that are dropping. Even if the overnight figure is lower, the final figure (which includes people who have recorded and watched it in 7 days) it is likely that it will be higher.
  • TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the UK only? What the heck, I'm going to go high and say a +7 of 18m.

(as, I note, the opening ceremony of the Olympics peaked at 27.3m; Doctor Who since 2005 has peaked around 12m but they're really going all-out to push this and I'm under the impression that iPlayer viewings count nowadays?)
  • DICKENS99DICKENS99 Posts: 2,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    7.3 overnight, 9.2 finals