Options

Digital Spy needs a revamp

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 288
Forum Member
Why does Digital Spy make it difficult just to find a forum? If you go to the Apprentice pagem you get Forum Buzz on the bottom right but no reference to The Apprentice. Yiou have to go back to forum to look for the Apprentice. How stupid is that?

Come on, Digital Spy, get your act together.

Comments

• Options
    Willie WontieWillie Wontie Posts: 2,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What are you talking about? It's very easy to find "The Apprentice" sub-forum from the forum main page. It is titled "The Apprentice" - to give you a clue as to where it is.

What is Apprentice pagem? And what is forum buzz?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Digital Spy has to be one of the best sites I go on in terms of navigation!
  • Options
    birdsongbirdsong Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are starting off in the wrong place. You need to start here:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/index.php

or click on "Forums" on the left hand menu.

Forgive me, I don't mean to appear rude, but you seriously need to do some looking around on this board. The forum is very easy to navigate in reality.
  • Options
    birdsongbirdsong Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What are you talking about? It's very easy to find "The Apprentice" sub-forum from the forum main page. It is titled "The Apprentice" - to give you a clue as to where it is.

It's on the front page, bottom right hand corner, a link to the most recent threads that have been added too.
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The apprentice page is the one found if you come in Digispy's main page:

The Apprentice

On the bottom right of that page is a box called "Forum Buzz" with the top couple of threads off a selection of the Forums - but the apprentice forum is not one of those selected to be in this box.
  • Options
    Willie WontieWillie Wontie Posts: 2,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    The apprentice page is the one found if you come in Digispy's main page:

The Apprentice

On the bottom right of that page is a box called "Forum Buzz" with the top couple of threads off a selection of the Forums - but the apprentice forum is not one of those selected to be in this box.
    birdsong wrote: »
    It's on the front page, bottom right hand corner, a link to the most recent threads that have been added too.

Thanks to you both. I wasn't even aware that Digital Spy had a "non-forums section". My favourites shortcut links to http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/index.php.
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    It would be better if the forums link read forum and linked to the appropriate forum when in a particular section of the main site but it's not hard to just surf to it yourself.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 'forum buzz' will be an automatic feed to show the latest posts on the forums I would guess, it probably appears on all the news pages.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    This is my point.

When you go to the Apprentice link on the left-hand corner, you would expect to see a link to the Apprentice forum in the FORUM BUZZ on the bottom right-hand corner of the Apprentice HOME PAGE!

It's not brain science! It's about providing a link where you expect as link to be, i.e. making navigation as easy as possible.

Why should the Apprentice home page not contain ONE link to its forum, yet links to Big Brother etc. If it's a feed, it should contain forum buzz on more than 4 forums.

It's illogical and inept.
  • Options
    The Jordan ShowThe Jordan Show Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DS Forums are the most neatest, precise, and user-friendly forums I have ever used. I have never had any trouble finding my way around.
  • Options
    k-bolak-bola Posts: 4,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ym32 wrote: »
    This is my point.

When you go to the Apprentice link on the left-hand corner, you would expect to see a link to the Apprentice forum in the FORUM BUZZ on the bottom right-hand corner of the Apprentice HOME PAGE!

It's not brain science! It's about providing a link where you expect as link to be, i.e. making navigation as easy as possible.

Why should the Apprentice home page not contain ONE link to its forum, yet links to Big Brother etc. If it's a feed, it should contain forum buzz on more than 4 forums.

It's illogical and inept.

I really don't follow I am afraid.
    I just go to forums on the left and they are all their in a big list. If I want to go Apprentice Forum I scroll down to Apprentice forum.
    I have never had any trouble, it all seems very clear and very well presented compared to other websites since I have been using it.