New Doctor Who Title Sequence complete

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    scumcat wrote: »
    Not bothered the guys attitude stinks I wish the beeb had hit him with both barrels. I notice he uses this thread to announce his victory when the original was a much bigger thread that was much more critical of him d***

Best thing to do is let this thread die, the guys arrogance is unbelievable. I had hoped the BBC would have taught him a lesson as well.
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    What I don't get is why all the sub-par fan made title sequences that contain TARDISes, vortexes, space time AND the official theme tune don't get banned when Xanders, which contains his own remixed version of the theme did. Same goes for the bajillion clip tributes to the show using clips from the programme + the theme music. This guy fought his corner and came out laughing. Well done Xander.

If BBCW had actually said what was wrong with the video and where they stood r.e copyright I would have no quibble. They explained to Babelcolour (Stuart Humphryes), and he accepted and fought for a compromise.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    xandercom wrote: »
    Well, I'm happy to report that the BBC chose not to contest the counter-claim I submitted, in response to their claim that they owned copyright of my fan art Doctor Who intro sequence (and my fan art Eastenders Intro made well over a year ago).

Naturally my videos have been restored on YouTube, and I hope this serves as a reminder to emerging artists to keep working hard, don't let the corporate copyright trolls bully you when you have the best of intentions, and to continue expanding your skillset.

Sad it's back to be honest. I'm afraid I didn't feel sorry for you at all. You acted like a child throwing it's toys out of it's pram when this happened.

You tried to orchestrate a small army of Youtuber's from the following you had gained from your previous video to sign petitions and come and cry about it on forums, as well as accusing the BBC of removing it because they were "annoyed you had made a better one than their one". I mean get a grip man. You could have instead made another video explaining why it had been removed, and then tried to get them to reconsider their decision behind the scenes without causing drama.

You also say that no one else can use your work in anything else as it belongs to you, and you released a vortex which people could use in their video's as long as the credit was kept on it. and then cry about it because people cropped it out. Are your really stupid enough to think that on Youtube where probably 90% of content is copyrighted (especially when it comes to Doctor Who video's) that no one would crop it out? And then you have the audacity to remove it because people broke your 'rules' even though your works are heavily based on copyrighted material (the soundtrack clips of the Doctor etc).

I also notice that you like to indirectly ask people to click your adds on your video's by saying something along the lines of "people who click the adds are what I can make money off to live on". Not only is this is a violation of YouTube's terms of service, but it also makes you sound like someone who is just doing it all for money and power. pretty lame to be honest.

If you can't follow youtube's terms and other's copyrights then don't cry about it when people break your rules. You are clearly very talented but you need to think about how you act, as you will remain an "undiscovered artist" if an employer see's you acting the way you have!
  • alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    xandercom wrote: »
    Hey folks,
    Pleased to announce that I have finished my most recent title sequence. Took 40 days, around 300 hours of work and 26GB of data, but got there in the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaCDNfx8JWA

Hope it meets with approval!

Xan

Xan that's brilliant - very talented - much better than what the BBC themselves do!! :):):)
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Astounding not only have to see this back again but also to hear the unbelievable nerve of someone breaching copyright get on their high horse about it when others do the same. Its like illegally downloading an album and then telling everyone else not to. Anyway. I remember how the last thread worked out so I am outta here!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    I'm confused,how do u claim ownership of something that's not original :confused:
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    ncr1969 wrote: »
    Anyone else figure the current tv one isn't long-term?.

That pink gunge at the beginning seemed to me to be a crude attempt to mimic the web effect from Web of Fear and thus a nod to the series theme - the G.I.

Hopefully,it will be gone after this storyline is complete.

Then a bespoke for 50?.. and way things are looking they'll have to recomission a sequence anyway.
    They definitely need to now. This was why the 2005 sequence didn't have the Doctor's face in it.
  • human naturehuman nature Posts: 13,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I expect it's only a question of time before the BBC decides to take action again. His fan base (they call themselves Xandroids apparently) are happily proclaiming that they have "defeated the BBC and now CANNOT BE STOPPED" and it appears they are still intent on bombarding the BBC with emails drawing their attention to his work.

There's just no telling some people.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    I expect it's only a question of time before the BBC decides to take action again. His fan base (they call themselves Xandroids apparently) are happily proclaiming that they have "defeated the BBC and now CANNOT BE STOPPED" and it appears they are still intent on bombarding the BBC with emails drawing their attention to his work.

There's just no telling some people.

Should rename to Xansheep. Clearly just a bunch of 12 - 16 year old kids who don't understand copyright. Need to read up and get opinions of their own! :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Fantastic - I loved it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As has been said, although it's nice for Xander's work to be viewed again, I wish he had learnt the right lessons from this.

Rather than the valid copyright claims, it might be possible that the BBC banned his video(s) because they simply don't like him. Or his attitude, at least. A much more modest approach to his self-promotion would go very far.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I don't get is why all the sub-par fan made title sequences that contain TARDISes, vortexes, space time AND the official theme tune don't get banned when Xanders, which contains his own remixed version of the theme did. Same goes for the bajillion clip tributes to the show using clips from the programme + the theme music. This guy fought his corner and came out laughing. Well done Xander.

If BBCW had actually said what was wrong with the video and where they stood r.e copyright I would have no quibble. They explained to Babelcolour (Stuart Humphryes), and he accepted and fought for a compromise.

It's obvious what was wrong with the video on the BBC's part, nearly everything in it that wasn't part of the scenery is trademarked by the BBC. Even a lot of the scenery was close enough in use and theory to past Doctor Who intros the BBC could claim it was a remake of their work.

They don't tend to mind the fanart/promo clips but he was trying to get people to click the ads as that's how he "makes money" they don't like people making money off unauthorised use of their marks. He was also attempting to claim ownership over something that was about 80% owned by them.

Also as Babelcolor did he was using their copyright as a bit of a showreel, the difference is Babelcolor handled it with class and respect and tried to work with the BBC over it.

I expect the BBC will take action again if it looks like Xandercom is trying to make cash off it/claim ownership, they usually send a warning shot out first and next time they won't just leave it. This isn't the victory he thinks it is.
  • gingerfreakgingerfreak Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Astounding not only have to see this back again but also to hear the unbelievable nerve of someone breaching copyright get on their high horse about it when others do the same. Its like illegally downloading an album and then telling everyone else not to. Anyway. I remember how the last thread worked out so I am outta here!

I believe number 4 on this list fits your bill perfectly! http://www.cracked.com/article_20290_5-famous-online-copyright-crusaders-who-are-total-hypocrites.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ah Cracked.com. Voice of sanity. Thanks for the link. I missed that article despite being an avid Cracker (?!)
  • scumcatscumcat Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    I've woken this thread again as I was intrigued to search for info on Dr Stew ( never heard of it before) I thought the comments on this page were intriguing especially when he talks about "xander" a guy who thinks he is the best title sequence artist. The poster seems to have the measure of the guy and says what some of us know, xanders a attitude stinks. I wonder if its the same one

http://redeyerogue.com/the-return-of-dr-stew-brilliant-dr-who-online-parody-killed-by-fox-soon-to-return
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 476
    Forum Member
  • human naturehuman nature Posts: 13,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scumcat wrote: »
    That's very interesting! I'd never heard of xandercom before he started posting here, but it's clear he's already built up a huge negative reputation for himself. I said earlier that he appears to have a huge self-destruct element to his personality, and it seems others have been saying that for some time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sigh. This again? Its a relatively well made bit of fan work. Nothing more nothing less. There is nothing even remotely original about it, it infringes copyright and the creator seems to swan around as if he just painted the Sistine Chapel Ceiling as opposed to spending alot of time on a computer copying other peoples work. Enough already. The ego doesn't need feeding.

The BBC will never employ this guy in a million years.