The Witcher 3

Comments

• Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going to buy this, being playing Witcher 2 on PC and enjoying it to a degree. Going for a console version this time, not decided witch console yet, looking forward to it though. Just going explore loads on this...
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Launch Trailer, if you aren't prepared enough: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=125&v=hBoCRYX6Vq0

Light spoilers - returning characters and such.
  • deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went digital with this so that I can keep going back to it if I want to, rather than get bored at some point and just decide to trade it in.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    Launch Trailer, if you aren't prepared enough: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=125&v=hBoCRYX6Vq0

Light spoilers - returning characters and such.

God damn.. so hyped. Has a slight Red Dead Redemption feel to it.
  • mw0390mw0390 Posts: 23,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    only played about an hour so far but its utterly fantastic, havent played the first 2 but this really is fantastic
  • sparky07sparky07 Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mw0390 wrote: »
    only played about an hour so far but its utterly fantastic, havent played the first 2 but this really is fantastic

Same, mine arrived from Shopto today and played a couple of hours so far and love it! I've only scratched the surface and there already seems so much to do!
  • mw0390mw0390 Posts: 23,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sparky07 wrote: »
    Same, mine arrived from Shopto today and played a couple of hours so far and love it! I've only scratched the surface and there already seems so much to do!

yea mine came from shopto as well, dont think im even out of the prologue yet
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The game has unlocked and the wild hunt is underway!

Good day to you!
  • StrmChaserSteveStrmChaserSteve Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you kidding

Very very long cut scenes, with occasional two choices

option 1, option 2

50 quid for this !!

they should have made it a movie... i'm not seeing a lot of game there, so far

I'm watching a guy streaming it, he's been sat back in his chair, watching it, like a movie for the past hour+

he's yawning, and saying he's very bored

where is the game?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you kidding

option 1, option 2

50 quid for this !!

I'm watching a guy streaming it, he's been sat back in his chair, watching it, like a movie for the past hour+

where is the game?

I thought the game opened with you making the key story decisions from the first two games (pretty sure they weren't on playstation at all) which is useful for those who haven't played before as a way to get everybody caught up - similar to how mass effect 2 opened on PS3 with the genesis comic

Also the game is 200 hours long, you have seen about 0.5% of it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know what the in-store price is from Game, I have a pre order from a while back so I can get £5 off
  • Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you kidding

option 1, option 2

50 quid for this !!

where is the game?

Yep, I'm sure if there is one thing this massive, sprawling, open world RPG lacks, it is gameplay....
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Then I suspect you didn't watch enough of the stream. There is plenty of gameplay.

The point of the game is you are being told a story. To progress through the pages of the story you need to go off and do various things requested of you. For example you might be sent by one character to go kill someone. You do so.. and that's where the game is because you need the right armour, weapons, level etc to defeat them.. then you come back and you progress to the next bit. And along the way you engage with many characters, watch many cut scenes and you're told the story.

But there is plenty to do outside of the cut scenes. And even when you're not on the main "story line" you can randomly go off and explore the world.. kill stuff.. loot stuff.. find weapons.. recipes.. potions.. herbs.. that can then allow you to gear up and progress. It's just like an MMO just without other players in the world.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RPG games are long haul games, if your expecting action all the way you will be bored.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    Okay this is probably a stupid question but how do you climb down ledges you've just climbed up? I keep assuming that it's the same button I use to get up but no matter how close or far away from the edge I go he always wants to do a little bunny hop off (usually to his death)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you kidding

option 1, option 2

50 quid for this !!

where is the game?

Four hours in and I can confirm that it is indeed a game. The hyperbole is strong with this one.
  • Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazon has left mine with a neighbour while I was at work (it wouldn't fit through a letterbox?).... who is now out. I have to keep telling myself that breaking and entering is illegal. So close, but I still have to wait.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Jenny1986 wrote: »
    Amazon has left mine with a neighbour while I was at work (it wouldn't fit through a letterbox?).... who is now out. I have to keep telling myself that breaking and entering is illegal. So close, but I still have to wait.

That happened me with GTA V. Except I didn't know that my neighbour had it ... For a week. Grrrr.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Anyone having problems playing the card game? Spoke to a soldier sitting in the courtyard, just where you choose which can clothes to wear & after going through the tutorial, I have to choose a card to redraw. I can't navigate through the cards or select anything at all. The only thing I can do is forfeit the game. This is on PS4.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the in-store price is from Game, I have a pre order from a while back so I can get £5 off

£50 in store.
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenny1986 wrote: »

Amazon tend to want things signed for more than they used to. Mine hasn't shown up (from Amazon) so I bought one from Sainsburys and will return the Amazon one.
    It's pretty impressive. The sunset is really pretty. Done a couple of sidequests, one being a case of finding a missing frying pan!
  • Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really regret buying off Amazon now... The games still not shown up
  • Kopite79Kopite79 Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What difficulty is everyone playing at? Some of reviews say the game gets a bit easy later on so I'm thinking starting on hard or hardest might be the way to go.
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    Mine arrived from Amazon this morning, going to finish W2 first though.

^^Apparently it's best if you up one level from your normal level, as with so many side quests to distract you, you'll find the main quest a bit easy when you finally get going on it.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Anyone got any trophy tips ?

I must go have a look and see if they're possible in 1 play through.

Edit: seems the hardest difficulty for a trophy is death march difficulty. I'll start on this. It's hard to know if anything is missable by reading the trophy list and the hidden trophys aside, it seems it can all be done in one run.