Waiting for Chryed to Get It On - Christian & Syed (Part 269)

Comments

• AlexinBrumAlexinBrum Posts: 989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry! Lunch took a bit longer than expected! But back now.

We're due to have the second part of Nick's interview in ten mins, so perhaps we should save DC viewing for after that?
  • starfish100starfish100 Posts: 12,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems like everyone is not about, but in case people feel like talking about it.....:D

Dagenham

Dave

Bed

Buying

Which DTC confirmed as being one of the last things he planned for them, DC week was his last work for them. :D

I love this whole set of scenes, really organic and could understand Syed being embarressed, it was funny and naughty and then turned to the more serious talk on the bed. Adorable. DC week was absolute heaven for me! :p

*Big Wave* to kqv xx :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely to see some old faces! Many thanks for the fic Mushroom Hair, absolutely adore your writing and humour :)

Really interesting posts Clarkey and MT. I would've loved a one night stand of Syed's to make an appearance. I think it would have provided some really interesting stuff, from Christian's insecurities (of which there were many :p) to Syed addressing the past.

All this talking of missed opportunities has led me to this creation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AlexinBrum wrote: »
    Sorry! Lunch took a bit longer than expected! But back now.

We're due to have the second part of Nick's interview in ten mins, so perhaps we should save DC viewing for after that?

Fine with me, I've only been posting a few pics. #shallow. :sleep: Not watched any clips. Can't wait for the final parts of NHB! #excited. :D
  • momentarythingmomentarything Posts: 20,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awww, thank you :o

Thank you so much! :o:o

What?! No Amira with EP mt??? Next you'll be telling me there'd be no tat-stall either :eek: :rolleyes: :p

Anyway, yeah,there's be a fine balance so as to not repeat 2009/10 but still revisit some of the important stuff, to deal with the past but still bring the story and the characters forward. I hope it could be done but that might be because I'm stuck on the fact that Amira was there for five (5!!!) months and basically not ONE word abut what happened. Not ONE conversation of any substance about it. I just can't seem to get over that.

And yeah, I could see that happening to Syed too, building from the pressure of being who everyone else thinks he needs to be aso., but I think it could be interesting with Christian too. It would start as simply dealing with pain in a couple of ways that Christian is probably used to dealing with pain with, and then he would slip deeper and deeper into it and all the rest of the stuff would come up too. I think it could've been used to make Christian face some things that he needed to face, and to make Chryed as a couple face stuff they needed to face.

It's truly shocking. I must say, though, I was actually pretty excited about Amira coming back initially. I thought they would be getting back to the heart of Chryed. Her return made me dislike her so much, I can't imagine a world where I would've enjoyed her coming back even if it had been better. :p

Absolutely. It's one of those things that would have brought them closer together. I never really liked any plots where they were against each other. Though Johnny and Marc did arguments brilliantly and some of my favourite scenes were of them fighting, I generally preferred the conflict to be external.
    Excellent post Clarkey :)
    I would have liked the reconciliation with the Masoods to have been properly explored and given time (Chryed, time? Ha!:rolleyes:) Would have much preferred to have them turn up quietly to the wedding as a surprise rather than the random Ludo nights and the acceptance that came out of one conversation.

I can't believe they had the Masoods accepting Christian and Syed's relationship, which was MASSIVE, and, then, even when they knew Johnny and Marc were leaving did... absolutely nothing for it for several months, and then had Christian and Zainab being BFFs.

No WAY would Christian and Zainab ever have gotten on that well (I'd totally forgotten about that foot massage thing until I read your fic last night. Thanks a lot for the reminder :sleep:). Too much water under that particular bridge. Masood's reaction was more realistic (though I remember a scene where he wanted to pay for the honeymoon and they were basically talking about all the sweaty sex Christian and Syed would be having... which was weird). It was a shame because I felt like the reconciliation was well done, with the right amount of awkwardness.

I really wish the wedding stuff had focused more on the Masood/Zainab/Christian/Syed dynamic and the 'drama' had been about whether or not they were going to attend. Which I always assumed it would be.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,211
    Forum Member
    Teapot2 wrote: »

This is still one of the best things ever. And I mean ever.

Absolute 100%, spot-on genius.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely to see some old faces! Many thanks for the fic Mushroom Hair, absolutely adore your writing and humour :)

Really interesting posts Clarkey and MT. I would've loved a one night stand of Syed's to make an appearance. I think it would have provided some really interesting stuff, from Christian's insecurities (of which there were many :p) to Syed addressing the past.

BiB: Ditto. :D

BiB2: Danny should've been one of his one-night-stands. They mentioned Syed had an Economics degree. Danny was a banker. How could they possibly have met before! Even if the story had been exactly the same, but just with this detail, it would've been so much better. Syed sleeping with someone he had once been friends with, or at least known, would have made it better. It's still hard for me to believe Syed would just sleep with some guy he'd spent about 15 minutes with. Perhaps Danny could have even been the person who convinced Syed to invest his parents' money the first time. But, God, knowing Syed's backstory... horror of all horrors.
    Forum Member
    I think some of the best Chryed-y bits of the Amira return came in the red button episode (the Amira bits not so much :sleep:). In those 10 mins they touched on the guilt and what everything might have done to Amira way more than they did during the real episodes. Then it all became about Yasmin, and whilst I loved a lot of the Chryed stuff (again, not the bits with Amira), they missed opportunities by just making Amira really stupid with no development, in fact going backwards wanting to get back with Syed. Tooo much draaaaaaaaaama and not enough subtle. Sigh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, HERE it is - Nick talking about three of his key Chryed scenes - MQ fight, reunion and THAT episode. :sleep:

I will also remind everyone that signed scripts of the first two are up for grabs in our charity auction.

There will also be a Part Four of his interview that was unscheduled. :eek: Haven't decided when I'm going to release it yet.

Anyway, enough of me, over to Nick... :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thank you! :) Always a pleasure.
    That vid is, as ever, magnificent. :D
    It's truly shocking. I must say, though, I was actually pretty excited about Amira coming back initially. I thought they would be getting back to the heart of Chryed. Her return made me dislike her so much, I can't imagine a world where I would've enjoyed her coming back even if it had been better. :p

Absolutely. It's one of those things that would have brought them closer together. I never really liked any plots where they were against each other. Though Johnny and Marc did arguments brilliantly and some of my favourite scenes were of them fighting, I generally preferred the conflict to be external.

I can't believe they had the Masoods accepting Christian and Syed's relationship, which was MASSIVE, and, then, even when they knew Johnny and Marc were leaving did... absolutely nothing for it for several months, and then had Christian and Zainab being BFFs.

No WAY would Christian and Zainab ever have gotten on that well (I'd totally forgotten about that foot massage thing until I read your fic last night. Thanks a lot for the reminder :sleep:). Too much water under that particular bridge. Masood's reaction was more realistic (though I remember a scene where he wanted to pay for the honeymoon and they were basically talking about all the sweaty sex Christian and Syed would be having... which was weird). It was a shame because I felt like the reconciliation was well done, with the right amount of awkwardness.

I really wish the wedding stuff had focused more on the Masood/Zainab/Christian/Syed dynamic and the 'drama' had been about whether or not they were going to attend. Which I always assumed it would be.

I wish it had too, even if only in part. Better than it being whether or not Syed would appear, I think. Sorry about the feet. :o:D For some reason it has stayed in my mind, haunting me.
    They should have cut the chat about sweaty sex and just showed some. /ever shallow
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AlexinBrum wrote: »
    I have unlocked Part Two of our interview with Nick Hicks-Beach!
In this part he talks about what it was like to write for Chryed. Enjoy. :)

Thanks s much for this - internet so slow today it will take ages to download, but I really enjoyed the first part, and the comments from others make this part sound even better
  • kqvkqv Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    . I would've loved a one night stand of Syed's to make an appearance. I think it would have provided some really interesting stuff, from Christian's insecurities (of which there were many :p) to Syed addressing the past.

This is still one of the best things ever. And I mean ever.

Absolute 100%, spot-on genius.

BIB 1: This was always something I hoped for, too!
    BIB 2 & 3: Probably my most watched video, ever!!! It will never get old. VF Thank you forever!!!
    Which DTC confirmed as being one of the last things he planned for them, DC week was his last work for them. :D

I love this whole set of scenes, really organic and could understand Syed being embarressed, it was funny and naughty and then turned to the more serious talk on the bed. Adorable. DC week was absolute heaven for me! :p

*Big Wave* to kqv xx :D

Hi Starfish, thanks for the wave!

DC week was perfect in every way!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just because I've spent ages searching for them....

Mine's a Kingsize

Measuring Up

:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

BiB2: Danny should've been one of his one-night-stands. They mentioned Syed had an Economics degree. Danny was a banker. How could they possibly have met before! Even if the story had been exactly the same, but just with this detail, it would've been so much better. Syed sleeping with someone he had once been friends with, or at least known, would have made it better. It's still hard for me to believe Syed would just sleep with some guy he'd spent about 15 minutes with. Perhaps Danny could have even been the person who convinced Syed to invest his parents' money the first time. But, God, knowing Syed's backstory... horror of all horrors.

That it a genius idea! Oh if only they'd done this it might have made slightly more sense.
  • LovelyLauraLovelyLaura Posts: 50,041
    Forum Member
    Just thought I'd drop in and say hello, hope you're all enjoying CCC!

Unfortunately, I've been unable to join in as I'm a leeeeeeeeeetle bit busy this weekend, and also I don't really have anything much to say anyway - I think I'm all Chryed out! :eek: :o

But thanks for all the comments and links etc, I have a long car journey tomorrow and intend on catching up on everything then! (but will have to restrain myself from commenting as I'll just be talking to myself then lol)

Good luck to everyone bidding on the amazing auction items! Very intriguing about this 2 page mystery item :eek: It could be from a Pete script, maybe a scene that never made it to broadcast or something. or maybe just 2 blank pages of A4 paper that have been signed by Pete lol. or it could be anything really! Good luck to you all :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just because I've spent ages searching for them....

Mine's a Kingsize

Measuring Up

:D:D

Ha ha! Just love them. Thank you :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish it had too, even if only in part. Better than it being whether or not Syed would appear, I think. Sorry about the feet. :o:D For some reason it has stayed in my mind, haunting me.
    They should have cut the chat about sweaty sex and just showed some. /ever shallow

I'm not sure I ever 'forgot' it, as such. I don't think I ever saw it. I definitely watched the episode (because I watched them all), but I think my eyes protected me. :o

Gutted the idea I sent in to TPTB about Christian and Syed becoming sex addicts (only with each other) never surfaced. :mad: It could have been a long-running storyline, with their many, MANY relapses during their recovery.
  • ardchoileardchoile Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello Chryedians!! I don't have much free time this weekend but I've been able to whizz through and catch up on the thread. Lovely to see you all here. MT - LOVING your posts, as always.

An interesting thing has happened to my memory of Chryed over the last year. All the bad stuff (and by this I mean pretty much everything post DC week) just exists as a background blur for me now. Once the story veered into unbelievability (starting with piper kiss), the few good things couldn't compensate for the basic 'But it doesn't make sense for the characters!!!!!!!!!!'. That sense of unreality permeated all of the stories that followed so they've just faded away. So, good result for me there really.

And revolcram - PLEASE don't watch it, most of it's BLOODY AWFUL.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

All this! It was all there staring them in the face - it would have been a billion times better! But as you say, backstory forgotten. I suspect BK never even watched much of the early Chryed storyline or even knew Syed's backstory :rolleyes:
    I think some of the best Chryed-y bits of the Amira return came in the red button episode (the Amira bits not so much :sleep:). In those 10 mins they touched on the guilt and what everything might have done to Amira way more than they did during the real episodes. Then it all became about Yasmin, and whilst I loved a lot of the Chryed stuff (again, not the bits with Amira), they missed opportunities by just making Amira really stupid with no development, in fact going backwards wanting to get back with Syed. Tooo much draaaaaaaaaama and not enough subtle. Sigh.

Yes the red button episodes were so good and addressed all the guilt so much better than main episodes. Ditto to it all becoming too much about Yasmin.

Right, going in for part 3 of the interview.....thank you Alex once again. Amazing to get all this. :D
  • ClarkeyfangirlClarkeyfangirl Posts: 2,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely to see some old faces! Many thanks for the fic Mushroom Hair, absolutely adore your writing and humour : )

Really interesting posts Clarkey and MT. I would've loved a one night stand of Syed's to make an appearance. I think it would have provided some really interesting stuff, from Christian's insecurities (of which there were many : p) to Syed addressing the past.

Hello!
    Oh, and I too wanted to say thanks to both MH and Alex/Lyra for the fics! Love them so much!

Thank you so much for your kind words.
    Oh, I know about one of the ONS. That SO needed to be a part of the reconciliation s/l didn't it? It had so much potential and Zainab, Masood and Amira all needed to know that. And it could've been tied to Christian and his insecurities as well. If WE all see it, SURELY professional producers and storyliners see it to? Oh, wait... :sleep:

I am suitably shocked :sleep:.

I was shamefully (in hindsight) excited about the return. I guess I just could not imagine or fathom the thought of them having her return (for five months!!) without actually dealing with the most important stuff from the past, without at least SOME talking about it to bring closure and then be able to bring the characters and story forward. Surely professional procucers/storyliners and writers could never, ever do that? Oh... wait... Could and did. :sleep:

I know, they could surely have problems to deal with, and perhaps even arguments but at the foundation of it all deal with stuff together? Surely there must be ways that professional producers/storyliners/writers can do that? Surely it must be hard to avoid doing interesting, in depth storylines with characters crafted as well as Syed and Christian and actors as involved in the story as Marc and Johnny? Surely professional producers/storyliners/writers could not avoid it? Oh... wait... :sleep:

Surely professional producers/storyliners/writers.... :sleep:

I know! Exactly this! I remember catching up on the thread after the first red button ep, the excitement! The thoughts of "OMG, it seems they're actually going to really go for the important stuff...it's going to be so good and interesting..."

And then... :sleep:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All this! It was all there staring them in the face - it would have been a billion times better! But as you say, backstory forgotten. I suspect BK never even watched much of the early Chryed storyline or even knew Syed's backstory :rolleyes:

Yes the red button episodes were so good and addressed all the guilt so much better than main episodes. Ditto to it all becoming too much about Yasmin.

Right, going in for part 3 of the interview.....thank you Alex once again. Amazing to get all this. :D

I genuinely just assumed that Syed would already know him because the article about Gary Lucy's casting mentioned that Danny was around the same age as Syed. It was only when some spoiler said 'mysterious stranger' or something... Can totally believe BK never watched any of their backstory. I remember him saying the first episode he watched after taking over was the reveal. Which may well explain a lot... the reveal is hardly the peak of Chryed.

BiB: Preeya's acting ruins them a bit. Or improves them, depending on your view. :o But everything else is fabulous (except that line from Syed about Amira being the only woman he's ever loved. Given that he earlier said Christian was the only person he's ever loved, I can only make the assumption that Syed doesn't think women are people). I really was so optimistic after watching them. They don't actually fit with what comes after.
  • ClarkeyfangirlClarkeyfangirl Posts: 2,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I genuinely just assumed that Syed would already know him because the article about Gary Lucy's casting mentioned that Danny was around the same age as Syed. It was only when some spoiler said 'mysterious stranger' or something... Can totally believe BK never watched any of their backstory. I remember him saying the first episode he watched after taking over was the reveal. Which may well explain a lot... the reveal is hardly the peak of Chryed.

BiB: Preeya's acting ruins them a bit. Or improves them, depending on your view. :o But everything else is fabulous (except that line from Syed about Amira being the only woman he's ever loved. Given that he earlier said Christian was the only person he's ever loved, I can only make the assumption that Syed doesn't think women are people). I really was so optimistic after watching them. They don't actually fit with what comes after.

BiB 1: Hah! We know Syed doesn't like lady parts, but that might be pushing it a little too far :sleep:

BiB 2: I really have to be off for a while but THIS!
    It's such a mystery, they so DON'T FIT! I really want to find out exactly wat happened here.

I remember the buzz and optimism after the first r/b-episode (heightened perhaps by Glass-Drop :sleep: )! I was SO convinced that important stuff was going to be brought up. I could not fathom that it would not, because what would be the point in that case? Surely they'd told me in that first ep that they would? Surely there was no way at all to actually avoid it after that first ep? Well...:sleep:

Anyway... TA for now. xxx

ETA: Hello Laura and others popping by *Waves*
    Forum Member
    John wasn't available to do inside stuff? So he was outside the entire episode. Yes he was, but what? Isn't it all at Elstree or am I missing something? Are the Square set and the indoors miles apart and Johnny only had enough petrol to get to one? :eek: Mind boggling a bit. Not important coz it really worked and I loved outside reunion, but tad confused!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John wasn't available to do inside stuff? So he was outside the entire episode. Yes he was, but what? Isn't it all at Elstree or am I missing something? Are the Square set and the indoors miles apart and Johnny only had enough petrol to get to one? :eek: Mind boggling a bit. Not important coz it really worked and I loved outside reunion, but tad confused!

I took it to mean he wasn't available on the day they would have to have shot the inside stuff. It would probably have been a different day from shooting outside.
  • LovelyLauraLovelyLaura Posts: 50,041
    Forum Member

IIRC, they film inside/outside stuff on different days. So they might do outside stuff on, say, Mondays and Tuesdays, and then inside stuff the rest of the week. Johnny was busy with OTR during filming of the reunion so if he was filming the Dorothy dancing in heels mission on a Wednesday, for example, and that's when they were filming inside scenes, then he wouldn't have been available. if that makes sense!

(turns out I do have something to say after all lol :o )