instantly hate paul...

jonapovajonapova Posts: 621
Forum Member
✭✭
paul is the chosen one, and hes a pub singer at best.

look forward to him going home week 4 :)

Comments

• earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has something between his legs. That means something these days. Barring a total hatchet job, Week 6 is a worst case scenario.
  • Tom_MullenTom_Mullen Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jonapova wrote: »

He's better than a pub singer but he's not as great as the judges are making out that's for sure. I find it interesting that last year the judges and himself kept mentioning he was shy and had a confidence issue, which was clearly the case, but this year there is no mention of it.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He is on a journey etc
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love Paul, but myself and the housemate were just discussing how it didn't feel like he really acknowledged the audience while he was singing just then, which is what they were pulling him up on last year. Hopefully if he gets through it will give him the little boost he needs to overcome that and connect because his voice really is pretty special. Still, he was above and beyond any of the other auditionees in tonight's show so far.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,643
    Forum Member
    I thought he was fantastic this year, and I think he is fantastic this year. Potential winner.
  • DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He'll win.
    Forum Member
    lulu g wrote: »
    I thought he was fantastic this year, and I think he is fantastic this year. Potential winner.
    Oops, I meant to say:
    I thought he was fantastic last year, and I think he is fantastic this year. Potential winner.
  • cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
    Forum Member
    Hes got a really good voice but i cant see him being a star. He'll be a male sam bailey.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    He can sing and I like him, but I think Lauren is so much better, and at 16 she will only get better.
  • wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has a great voice but there is something that has changed about his personality, he seems less warm and likeable or something :confused: Maybe it is because he is more confident or something so I think Louis was better to send him home and let him come back stronger.
    Forum Member
    xTonix wrote: »
    He can sing and I like him, but I think Lauren is so much better, and at 16 she will only get better.
    I think Lauren is great too. These two are by far the best of the auditionees that I have heard so far, although I missed last week's X Factor.
  • rosariofirerosariofire Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    DamienS wrote: »
    He'll win.

I agree.
  • ThiswillbefunThiswillbefun Posts: 10,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »

Is Lauren really only 16? She's 16! She's 16. Only 16.

Can't wait for the judges to keep repeating that she's only 16.

Any idea when she's 17 as that's when they usually start throwing the hate at the younger contestants.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wise-up wrote: »
    He has a great voice but there is something that has changed about his personality, he seems less warm and likeable or something :confused: Maybe it is because he is more confident or something so I think Louis was better to send him home and let him come back stronger.

Louis said on 8 Out of 10 Cats a few months ago that he persuaded Paul to retry for the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He's probably a nice guy, but the way they over-hyped him was hilarious.
    They even had Cheryl Vajazzel-Isle-of-Fernando & Mad Spice doing that awful dancing for queen Simon to distract the viewers from his performance.
  • flowerladyflowerlady Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not a chance of him going home :D hes in the lives and he will win this year!!!!!
  • nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate it when they come out and say "my name's X and I was in judge Y's house last year". That was last year - get through on your talent this year rather than go for sympathy because you were sent home last year.
  • nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Lauren really only 16? She's 16! She's 16. Only 16.

Can't wait for the judges to keep repeating that she's only 16.

Any idea when she's 17 as that's when they usually start throwing the hate at the younger contestants.

Maybe she should do "Only 16" as one of her songs.
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How strange to 'instantly hate' a great singer in a singing competition.

Not sure you've got the hang of this. :confused:
  • paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    By all means 'hate' a serial killer etc. but Paul is just a contestant on a talent show so why hate the guy.

Personally I think he has the best voice so far on the show, he deserves his chance.
  • Pimlico_PassPimlico_Pass Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hes a very very good singer but simply has no X Factor. No chance of winning.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    natalian wrote: »
    I hate it when they come out and say "my name's X and I was in judge Y's house last year". That was last year - get through on your talent this year rather than go for sympathy because you were sent home last year.

To be fair, Louis is the only person who was in the last 2 series, and asked Paul and Jake to explain themselves to the other 3 because they didn't know who they were but Louis did.
  • Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is better than *most* pub singers,and the truth is that nearly all of those who reach top 12 end up pub singers, and some don't even manage to sustain that long term if they don't have the talent .

No hate from me.He seems pretty innocuous, and the guy can sing.
  • abs2512abs2512 Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he is great and so far is my favourite act, as he was last year. I hope the goes all the way
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hes a very very good singer but simply has no X Factor. No chance of winning.

Really? Just because someone has no X Factor it means they can't win? Not having the X Factor never stopped Steve,Leon,Joe,James and last years winner Sam Bailey from winning the show.