Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 61)

Comments

• Options
    Zac QuinnZac Quinn Posts: 5,172
    Forum Member
    NeilVW wrote: »
    1.3m for the Bake Off repeat.

V impressive again. And it makes sense - as I said last week, a repeat of Bake Off is absolutely ideal for a sleepy Sunday afternoon with the family round (albeit with guests excluded until the final figure).
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    NeilVW wrote: »
    Thanks Mike.

Charlie/Choc Factory over 1m at 5pm for C5.
    Family movie season has begun. Not bad for a 43 year old title.

C4 helps sticking Deal or No Deal on as late as 5:45PM rather than offering a family movie there themselves.

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs should go well directly opposite Deal this Sunday. Kids love this movie.
  • Options
    Zac QuinnZac Quinn Posts: 5,172
    Forum Member
    Dancc wrote: »
    Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs should go well directly opposite Deal this Sunday. Kids love this movie.

Do they? All three of my younger siblings think it's bloody awful :p Maybe they're as unconventional as me..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Broadcast reports a 2.6M (14.3%) peak for the CBB finale on Friday. Up on the last couple of summer finales including Julian Clary's 2012 victory, although Geordie Charlotte's win last year was split in two parts with the winner announcement airing late.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure how much of an effect it would have had but BBC One Scotland aired a Referendum debate at 8pm last night with the Antiques Roadshow at 5.35pm. The officials will clear that up, of course.
  • Options
    theeddiemundotheeddiemundo Posts: 48
    Forum Member

18 Match of the Day BBC1 Inc HD 07:30 1179000

Really good figure for MOTD repeat on a Sunday morning. The overall percentage must have been very high.
  • Options
    Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    ocav wrote: »
    I thought that completely, if they had started with a stronger host it might keep people back who would then be able to snub the Stephen Mulhern episode as a dud host, having him start makes it feel like the show is a dud

I disagree, I thought Mulhern was actually very competent as a host, much better than I've given him credit for in the past anyway. The line up however was poor for me and I ended up fast forwarding through Alan Davies and Little Mix, although its good to see an old fashioned variety show back on TV- I disagree with people who are saying the ratings are strong though, solid in the context of ITVs dismal ratings recently yes, but it seems to have very little room to fall- It's a big name revival, so it really needs to stabilise or even grow next week to really prove itself. Nice to have a real Countryfile alternative though
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alex_B1 wrote: »
    I assume people here know the details about BARB's numbers, so can anyone tell a newbie on UK ratings like me what the official BARB numbers include?

I know that it include time-shifted viewings, but does time-shift figures include repeats in other channels (e.g. ITV +1) or in the same channels (e.g. the GBBO is repeated on BBC1 on Sunday)? For example it was reported that GBBO had a viewing figure of 10.25 million, that included over 2 million of time-shifted viewings, does this number include the repeat on Sunday? Would the official number for The X-Factor include ITV+1 and ITV HD?

BARB reports ITV, ITV HD and ITV+1 separately in the officials. The Great British Bake Off figure is for the Wednesday night showing only; each repeat showing has a separate entry. The other airings would be further down the list.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Zac Quinn wrote: »
    Do they? All three of my younger siblings think it's bloody awful :p Maybe they're as unconventional as me..
    I can only speak from my experience and it's a hit with younger members of my family.

Also when Five premiered this one last October it averaged roughly 31% share of Kids 4-9 watching TV and 37% Kids 4-6, peaking at 42.5% in the latter named demographic.

(I know this because I was receiving data at the time.)
  • Options
    patrick95patrick95 Posts: 416
    Forum Member
    I really really don't know where to place the ratings for Cilla tonight - on one hand it's been heavily promoted , in the Monday 9pm slot and starring one of the stars of young British drama ...but at the same time it's a drama biopic of Cilla Black! Could be anything from 3 million up to 6 I think.

For the record- I love cloudy with a chance of meatballs! Should do well in that family movie slot & I really glad 5 seem to be making an effort with their films again
  • Options
    simon_geraldsimon_gerald Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Were the figures for weekend kitchen with waitrose that good,surprised its got a 2nd series.
  • Options
    JetsonJetson Posts: 13,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Cilla will do amazingly, the advert has got really annoying with the last bit of that song playing in my ears randomly - and not in a good way. 3.5 million?

Solid if unspectacular for XF.
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight's episode of Cops and Robbers on Channel 4 has been pulled as someone due to feature in the show has been arrested. It's been replaced with a repeat of Britain's Benefit Tenants.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    Tonight's episode of Cops and Robbers on Channel 4 has been pulled as someone due to feature in the show has been arrested. It's been replaced with a repeat of Britain's Benefit Tenants.
    The repeat will probably rate better. Cops and Robbers achieved nothing of note for its premiere last week with less than 1.2M viewers. Might have been hurt by the football though thinking about the likely demographics.
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sunday 7th September...

Strictly Come Dancing: 9.16m (33.7%)
    The X Factor: 8.49m (30.7%) / 9.23m (33.3%)
    The Suspicions of Mr Whicher: 3.11m (14.5%) / 3.41m (15.8%)
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    I can only speak from my experience and it's a hit with younger members of my family.

Also when Five premiered this one last October it averaged roughly 31% share of Kids 4-9 watching TV and 37% Kids 4-6, peaking at 42.5% in the latter named demographic.

(I know this because I was receiving data at the time.)

Channel 5 has the Sony deal doesn't it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    cylon6 wrote: »

I thought it was Columbia, but I'm really unsure.
  • Options
    bee.fearbee.fear Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    Are serial dramas (Village/Whicher/In The Club etc.) with overnights under 4m becoming more commonplace now? Even big hitters like DW and NT are struggling around the 5m mark and heavily trailed shows like Our Zoo and Scott & Bailey in the mid 4s.

I'd like to see The Village return, perhaps on BBC2, it's a very interesting concept and deserves to be played through to its actual conclusion imo (unless its costing an absolute bomb, which I somehow doubt).
  • Options
    lewiep93lewiep93 Posts: 5,880
    Forum Member
    Sunday 7th September...

Thanks for these! I'm quite surprised at how low Strictly timeshifted, but it was a launch show so understandable. Big timeshift for TXF.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sunday 7th September...

Thanks DMN.

I thought X Factor could edge Strictly in consolidated as it timeshifts more. That's with +1 of course so argue amongst yourselves! :D Strictly's timeshift was small, not even 1m like last year.

Whicher tanked. How did The Village do?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    bee.fear wrote: »
    Are serial dramas (Village/Whicher/In The Club etc.) with overnights under 4m becoming more commonplace now? Even big hitters like DW and NT are struggling around the 5m mark and heavily trailed shows like Our Zoo and Scott & Bailey in the mid 4s.

I'd like to see The Village return, perhaps on BBC2, it's a very interesting concept and deserves to be played through to its actual conclusion imo (unless its costing an absolute bomb, which I somehow doubt).

Viewing is definitely becoming more spread across multiple channels, with digital making this possible a few years back. I'd say time shifting is also way more apparent. These things are limiting the audiences for dramas in particular. Reality shows are more often watched live for example. I think I'd have to see how other dramas did across the year to make a conclusion though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lewiep93 wrote: »
    Thanks for these! I'm quite surprised at how low Strictly timeshifted, but it was a launch show so understandable. Big timeshift for TXF.

Last year's Strictly launch show added 1.1m, so it's a lower timeshift and lower rating compared to last year.
  • Options
    SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »
    You were saying?
    I said Sunday Night At The Palladium will end up rating around 3m. With a 4.1m start, and the drops to come, it will probably settle just around 3m or so for the majority of its series. It's an underwhelming start, a million down from Surprise Surprise last year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cylon6 wrote: »
    Don't know.

I tried to find out about the state of their films deals recently, but all Frow would reveal is that rights were still being negotiated.

They have a 20th Century Fox title premiering on Sunday in the shape of In Time [2011].
  • Options
    mediaratmediarat Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    SamuelW wrote: »
    I said Sunday Night At The Palladium will end up rating around 3m. With a 4.1m start, and the drops to come, it will probably settle just around 3m or so for the majority of its series. It's an underwhelming start, a million down from Surprise Surprise last year.

well the first time i agree with you it goes the other way, i won't make that mistake again. :D
This discussion has been closed.