Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Doc Martin (Part 17 Spoilers)

Old 15-09-2014, 07:38
SusieSagitarius
Forum Member

I will be in London in November but working

If the "Arthur & George" series does well for ITV, I wonder if they might option Julian Barnes' "The Sense of an Ending" for Clunes? Tony would be a very toothsome role for him
Thanks for the book title. I've read "A & G" and enjoyed it. Love good writing and good books and authors are always slipping through the cracks. Just too little time to keep up with 'em all. But I'll look for "TSOAE". You've now intrigued me.
SusieSagitarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 15-09-2014, 17:29
carol_avery
Forum Member

I will be in PI in May next year for a week. Will be glad to meet up with others on this list. Anyone?
carol_avery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 23:12
SusieSagitarius
Forum Member

I will be in PI in May next year for a week. Will be glad to meet up with others on this list. Anyone?
Me, too, but I haven't made plans yet. Thinking late April though. But we'll see.
SusieSagitarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2014, 16:40
Mofromco
Forum Member

Get a look...fun

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...&id=1224896595
Mofromco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2014, 17:33
Mofromco
Forum Member

Sorry, that didn't work....there is a trailer out for Nativity 3 that looks very good....funny....cute. Sorry I couldn't post a link, but it shouldn't be hard to find. Martin looks very nice...if you catch my drift.
Old 16-09-2014, 21:05
Bloodphobia
Forum Member

Is this something he did for a charity?
Bloodphobia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2014, 12:50
Mofromco
Forum Member

Is this something he did for a charity?
I believe he did it for money like most working stiffs
Old 17-09-2014, 14:16
Bloodphobia
Forum Member

Got it. I thought it might be part of the ITV's Text Santa In which well-known actors appear in cameo roles in Christmas specials to raise money for charities. There is an associated telethon hosted by presenters from ITV shows.
Bloodphobia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2014, 18:36
Mofromco
Forum Member

Got it. I thought it might be part of the ITV's Text Santa In which well-known actors appear in cameo roles in Christmas specials to raise money for charities. There is an associated telethon hosted by presenters from ITV shows.
No, just the third in a series of 3 kids' Christmas movies. Nativity 1....Martin Freeman
Nativity 2....David Tennant. Nativity 3.....Martin Clunes.
Old Yesterday, 01:51
earlgrey152
Forum Member

No, just the third in a series of 3 kids' Christmas movies. Nativity 1....Martin Freeman
Nativity 2....David Tennant. Nativity 3.....Martin Clunes.
Saw the trailer today and it looks like a light-hearted, sweet comedy. Wonder if it will be at all available in Canada?
earlgrey152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:06
Mofromco
Forum Member

Saw the trailer today and it looks like a light-hearted, sweet comedy. Wonder if it will be at all available in Canada?
Someone researched it and neither of the 2 Nativities was released in the US or Canada. I think they are missing a huge opportunity. Parents are always looking for something to do with the kids during Christmas. I would have taken my kids to anything that looked clean and funny. This looks like kids and adults would like it. Even if they have no idea who MC is.
Old Yesterday, 19:46
earlgrey152
Forum Member

Someone researched it and neither of the 2 Nativities was released in the US or Canada. I think they are missing a huge opportunity. Parents are always looking for something to do with the kids during Christmas. I would have taken my kids to anything that looked clean and funny. This looks like kids and adults would like it. Even if they have no idea who MC is.
That's unfortunate. Would have loved to see MC on the big screen!
earlgrey152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 20:56
Shop Girl
Forum Member

Portwenn Survivor

This week's episode thrown out of the surgery:

S2E1 Old Dogs

The next round will need to be delayed for about a month while I have knee replacement surgery (about 10 days from now). I hope this will help me in my desire to finally see Port Isaac in person - maybe even next year!

In the meantime, please help me with this eliminated episode's title meaning! And be sure to check the Survey Results Page. It has lots of information, including the ranking of episodes 17-46 and which episodes will be going head to head in the final 8 when we resume voting. Just looking at the list tells me that we will all be making some tough choices as we wind down to crowning the favorite DM episode.

Complete survey results: http://portwennonline.com/SurveyResults.html

Episode title survey (suggestions for the eliminated episode):
http://portwennonline.com/SurveyEpisodeTitles.html
Shop Girl is offline   Reply With Quote