Xbox One Community chat

Comments

• brbbrb Posts: 27,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think I got an e-mail. I think it arrived via PM? Can't remember, though.
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    I don't think I got an e-mail. I think it arrived via PM? Can't remember, though.

yeah,first i knew about being in it,was a system message on the dashboard from Microsoft
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah,first i knew about being in it,was a system message on the dashboard from Microsoft

ok! ... I'll keep an eye out! :)
  • NewGamesOfTodayNewGamesOfToday Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    I had my message for the beta almost instantly but then I have spent well over £500 in the online store on games since April. The only reason I can think of as to why I got mine so fast was that they were looking for someone with a lot of digital games to test the updates with. The thing is though that due to a disability I have at the moment, I have only really been playing Peggle 2. :blush: I am hoping to buy Destiny today and give that a go to see what i'm like on it but the PVP side of it will be difficult for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has the XBO received another price cut? Just got an e-mail saying "NEW LOW PRICE" and they're selling it for £329.99. Same at most other retailers.
  • austino6austino6 Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    Just got another update now for those on the preview dash.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D4 episode 1 was released yesterday. They never told anyone? Unless I missed something? We got some information at E3 2013, and then all info seemed to stop and then it was ninja released this morning?!
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was announced at the Tokyo Game Show, and mentioned by Major Nelson and Xbox Wire.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Something that needs changing, if you're on the dashboard and click messages, it snaps and launches the last program you were running, even if you have quit that program. It should just snap and leave the dashboard to the left, not launch something you've finished using.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Something that needs changing, if you're on the dashboard and click messages, it snaps and launches the last program you were running, even if you have quit that program. It should just snap and leave the dashboard to the left, not launch something you've finished using.

It does that when you open *any* snappable app from the Home tab (e.g. Achievements) - it defaults to snap mode for it, with the last game/app opened in the main section, rather than opening the app you want full screen.

It also does it from the Notificiations, e.g. if you click on a notification for an Achievement, instead of opening the Achievement app in full screen with details of that particular Achievement, it will open it snapped and have the game in the main section.

It *really* pisses me off!

I want full screen to be default, not snap.

I may actually submit a request about it at Xbox Feedback.

You should too.

http://xbox.uservoice.com
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've finally started RYSE & it's impressed me more graphically then any PS4 title I've played so far! 😳 ... I'm gonna stick with the X1 for the foreseeable future for my gaming fix! 😊 ... I've also got DeadRising3 to keep me going til forza2 & evil-within! 😎

(The X1 just gets better & better the more I use it!!!!) 👍
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    It does that when you open *any* snappable app from the Home tab (e.g. Achievements) - it defaults to snap mode for it, with the last game/app opened in the main section, rather than opening the app you want full screen.

It also does it from the Notificiations, e.g. if you click on a notification for an Achievement, instead of opening the Achievement app in full screen with details of that particular Achievement, it will open it snapped and have the game in the main section.

It *really* pisses me off!

I want full screen to be default, not snap.

I may actually submit a request about it at Xbox Feedback.

You should too.

http://xbox.uservoice.com

I will do that mate, everyone on here should do as well. Baffles me how they've managed to leave it like that.
  • Entropy_NebulaEntropy_Nebula Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I added the media player app this weekend...

The one I understand where you can play music/movies from a USB stick...

Well the first time I tried it, it didn't work. I couldn't play any of the MKV files that I had (and MKV was defo mentioned on the officially supported formats list).

Anyone else had similar problems?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Chinese launch - which was tomorrow - has been cancelled and has been postponed until the end of the year. Low preorder numbers, perhaps? Seems odd to cancel at such short notice.
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    The Chinese launch - which was tomorrow - has been cancelled and has been postponed until the end of the year. Low preorder numbers, perhaps? Seems odd to cancel at such short notice.

Probably something to do with the Chinese government not happy about something.
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    Probably something to do with the Chinese government not happy about something.

isnt the Chinese Government not happy about everything ever,lol
  • deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I added the media player app this weekend...

The one I understand where you can play music/movies from a USB stick...

Well the first time I tried it, it didn't work. I couldn't play any of the MKV files that I had (and MKV was defo mentioned on the officially supported formats list).

Anyone else had similar problems?

MKV was mentioned but not available at launch. I remember the press release saying it will be available by the end of the year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MKV support is only in the preview version at the moment. It should be public by the end of the year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Folk with external HDDs, are you filling up the internal first then moving on to the external, or you making the external your main drive?

Just curious
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    Folk with external HDDs, are you filling up the internal first then moving on to the external, or you making the external your main drive?

Just curious

I made the external drive the main one as the games read and load quicker from there for me.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Yeah external is better as the main HDD I found also, not tried with a USB stick but MKV support works as expected via DLNA, shame it's not snappable atm but undoubtedly will be in the future when it becomes official. It would also be very nice if we could stream custom soundtracks like the 360 without having the media player on-screen, and it probably won't happen but automatic pause/resume for cutscenes and suchlike would be ideal but I think that might be too complicated and is something that needed to be built into the OS from day one like 360.

Aside from the media player update I really like the look of the new friends section (it's all becoming a little more like the 360) and the monthly leaderboard, I find double tapping the guide button a little awkward lol, even though it sounds like the most simple thing very often I get it wrong. This is where Kinect does the job better imo but I do like the extra shortcut options, similar again to the much requested "Guide menu".
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    Part of me thinks the monthly achievement leaderboard is a sneaky way of trying to get more money out of us.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gds1972 wrote: »
    I made the external drive the main one as the games read and load quicker from there for me.

Ditto.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Part of me thinks the monthly achievement leaderboard is a sneaky way of trying to get more money out of us.

Don't know what happened to that but my 'last 30 days' went from 1200 to 15 overnight. Even though in the last 2 weeks I've added over 200-Gs on Destiny alone?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But aren't all these ideas from the users themselves? MS seem very hungry for user feedback with the X1