Options

I wonder if the 12 days of Christmas app will.....

simon olivesimon olive Posts: 783
Forum Member
✭✭
be on this year. Great app last year.

Comments

• Options
    Mystic EddyMystic Eddy Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it reappears too. Some good freebies to be had :).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    It's back!!!
  • Options
    psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    simwyn wrote: »
    It's back!!!

It is indeed - you can download the apps, but the freebies start on the 26th http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/itunes-12-days-of-christmas/id406478317?mt=8
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    Excellent. I got all 12 last year, but I think the only thing from it I still have installed is the Trivial Pursuit app. But as they say, you shouldn't sniff a gift horse :)
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What apps were on it last year?

I never had anything Apple until this year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are giving away a free Kylie EP today.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    What apps were on it last year?

I never had anything Apple until this year.

Last year some of the freebies from what I can remember were, Foo Fighters music video, Robbie Williams singing Morning Sun from Berlin video.
    Lesbian Vampire Killers film, Peter & the wolf animated film, Trivial Persuits game.
    I think there was a JLS song or vid too oh a a golf game!

can't remember anymore:confused:

Have got the Kylie free songs today :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sparkle~ wrote: »
    Last year some of the freebies from what I can remember were, Foo Fighters music video, Robbie Williams singing Morning Sun from Berlin video.
    Lesbian Vampire Killers film, Peter & the wolf animated film, Trivial Persuits game.
    I think there was a JLS song or vid too oh a a golf game!

can't remember anymore:confused:

Have got the Kylie free songs today :D

From memory there was a Snow Patrol song, a Leona Lewis video and the Labyrinth game too last year :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    ah yes! how could I forget the Labyrinth game, still got it on my ipod, very addictive, and also drives me nuts!:D
  • Options
    WillowFaeWillowFae Posts: 5,225
    Forum Member
    I downloaded it the other day. Really pleased because I got my ipod for Christmas last year and it was one of the first apps I installed :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Last year- let's see, should be easy for me to identify everything except apps, as all I've ever bought on iTunes are two apps (one of which, annoyingly, is no longer on it due to Apple banning it as it displayed WiFi connection details)...

Music:
    Snow Patrol- An Olive Grove Facing The Sea (2009 Version)

Music videos:
    JLS- Everybody In Love
    Robbie Williams- Morning Sun (Live from Berlin 2009)
    Leona Lewis- Happy
    Foo Fighters- Wheels

TV episodes:
    Knowing Me, Knowing Yule
    Outnumbered- The School Run

Short films:
    Peter and the Wolf

Movies:
    Lesbian Vampire Killers

That's 9 of the 12.

Trivial Pursuit was definitely one of the apps. Labyrinth as someone has mentioned was another, and Let's Golf! was the other app, so that is all 12 of 12.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    WillowFae wrote: »
    I downloaded it the other day. Really pleased because I got my ipod for Christmas last year and it was one of the first apps I installed :)

And that's why they have 12 days of Christmas app-- to get new owners of iOS devices to get into the habit of getting stuff from the iTunes store-- that's where Apple make most of their money, especially with the iPod touch and iPad (the iPhone makes a big profit for them on the upfront/contract cost so iTunes sales don't matter so much with it). I won't say it is like a drug dealer giving some free crack and smack to potential new addicts, but Apple probably hopes it is :p

I'm not complaining, the odd free app is always nice, and I did play the JLS video once or twice to perv at Aston Merrygold :D
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PrinceGaz wrote: »
    And that's why they have 12 days of Christmas app-- to get new owners of iOS devices to get into the habit of getting stuff from the iTunes store-- that's where Apple make most of their money, especially with the iPod touch and iPad (the iPhone makes a big profit for them on the upfront/contract cost so iTunes sales don't matter so much with it). I won't say it is like a drug dealer giving some free crack and smack to potential new addicts, but Apple probably hopes it is :p

I'm not complaining, the odd free app is always nice, and I did play the JLS video once or twice to perv at Aston Merrygold :D

Humbug :D
  • Options
    anna42hmranna42hmr Posts: 2,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the 12 days of xmas is definatly running, cheryl cole ep is todays download.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I love Cheryl Cole, not only do we get her music single for free (I forgot its name), but a music video remix of it, PLUS a special edited video feature. Woot!!!! :D:p

How can the 12 days freebies get any better than that ;)
  • Options
    AxGAxG Posts: 25,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was watching the Father Ted christmas special on 4oD, glad that it is today's freebie.
  • Options
    ZicoZZicoZ Posts: 7,642
    Forum Member
    I was hoping for at least a bit of a choice ,each day ,to be honest :{
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    ZicoZ wrote: »
    I was hoping for at least a bit of a choice ,each day ,to be honest :{

moon on a stick sir ?

apple don't usually give anything away and the usa don't even have the 12 days of christmas app..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oooh, finally an app for free today-- "Fishing Kings" from Gameloft, rather like how the same company made "Let's Golf!" free for a day as part of the 12 days of xmas last year.

Then again, quite recently Gameloft had an Advent Calendar promotion where they gave a freebie every day from 1-24 Dec, and whilst most of them were junk (or irrelevant unless you owned the device needed to install it), they did give away two iPhone/iTouch games-- "Driver" (arguably the best of any of their freebies, but on the very first day of the advent calendar, which I missed) and "Rayman 2", so they're not averse to the occassional freebie of what are generally considered very good games.

Now hopefully they'll sort out the problem with Fishing Kings as it is not downloading currently ("the item is being modified" thing).
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly another freebie I won't be downloading.
  • Options
    jkainjkain Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fishing Kings is getting murdered in the app store ratings. People are complaining it takes ages to download, then either won't install or keeps crashing if it does. That's four of the twelve freebies down and I haven't downloaded a single one yet. I love Father Ted but I've seen that Crimbo special so many times before. Still hoping things will improve though..:p
  • Options
    brillopadbrillopad Posts: 3,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jkain wrote: »
    Fishing Kings is getting murdered in the app store ratings. People are complaining it takes ages to download, then either won't install or keeps crashing if it does. That's four of the twelve freebies down and I haven't downloaded a single one yet. I love Father Ted but I've seen that Crimbo special so many times before. Still hoping things will improve though..:p

Fishing thing working fine here - not caught anything yet.
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brillopad wrote: »

Heh, I caught four:p Big swines, too:eek:
  • Options
    dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    E-book Life of Pie free today, it's also free on amazon for kindle, which I think is better than iBooks on an iPad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    brillopad wrote: »

It downloaded and worked fine here, after I went to sleep and tried again around midday. Not really played it properly yet though.