Options

EE- How they gonna make Alfie fall back in love with kat??

boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
Forum Member
✭✭
Sorry- I havent watched EE in a while, so I dont know about the Kat-Alfie dynamic at the mo. i gather she is pining after him, but he decided he'd had enough of her earlier this year.

How are the writers going to make him change his mind so completely, after he decided to stand up for himself after years of humiliation from her??

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    He never stopped loving her. She hurt him badly and he's making her pay. Roxy is a rebound.
  • Options
    VIP101VIP101 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He never stopped loving her and she ever stopped loving him, it didn't stop her opening her legs for another man. Oh sorry I mean men! Plus Alfie is but of a dim wit to take her back! It's been weeks since I last watched EE and nothing from the spoilers is making me want I watch! The only episode I want to watch is when Peggy returns and even then I'll probably switch off!
  • Options
    doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    He's still in love with her.
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alfie is pure doormat, Kat wipes so much dog shit on him and he takes her back for her to do it all over again!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    VIP101 wrote: »
    He never stopped loving her and she ever stopped loving him, it didn't stop her opening her legs for another man. Oh sorry I mean men! Plus Alfie is but of a dim wit to take her back! It's been weeks since I last watched EE and nothing from the spoilers is making me want I watch! The only episode I want to watch is when Peggy returns and even then I'll probably switch off!

Lol how is that answering the OPs question!

I think they are going to bond over Tommy and roxy and alfie are going to have issues due to a certain returnee
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KarenCole wrote: »

I think they are going to bond over Tommy and roxy and alfie are going to have issues due to a certain returnee

I have answered the OP's question. The OP asks how Alfie will fall back in love with Kat! Answer: He never stopped loving her! So I did answer the question.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KarenCole wrote: »

I have answered the OP's question. The OP asks how Alfie will fall back in love with Kat! Answer - He never stopped loving her! So I did answer the question.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benbenalen wrote: »
    Alfie is pure doormat, Kat wipes so much dog shit on him and he takes her back for her to do it all over again!

I have no sympathy for Alfie. Like Kat said he is a pathetic excuse for a man.

Roxy is the real victim in this. Not Alfie and especially not Kat. I find it absurd that TPTB are trying to portray Kat as some sort of tortured soul and Roxy as the villain.
  • Options
    bumpandgrindbumpandgrind Posts: 12,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He loves her, she loves him but is damaged and bored with her marriage.

He can't trust her but can't be happy with anyone else in the same way.

Etc...

When they get back together, for the love of god keep them together!!
  • Options
    Willow33Willow33 Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone please tell me what TPTB means :o
  • Options
    bass55bass55 Posts: 18,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Willow33 wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me what TPTB means :o

The Powers That Be - i.e. the show's producers :)

Back to the original question, Alfie has always loved Kat, that much is obvious. And deep down Roxy knows that she will never compare to Kat in Alfie's mind. But I don't agree that Roxy is being portrayed as the villain, it's more complicated than that. Roxy is going to be the loser in this situation, because a Kat-Alfie reunion is inevitable and always has been. By showing Alfie struggle with his feelings for Kat and Roxy (and proposing to the latter knowing that his heart isn't really in it) Roxy is actually being shown in a rather sympathetic light - the audience will root for Kat and Alfie being reunited, but also feel sorry for Roxy at the same time.
  • Options
    Willow33Willow33 Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bass55 wrote: »
    The Powers That Be - i.e. the show's producers :)

Back to the original question, Alfie has always loved Kat, that much is obvious. And deep down Roxy knows that she will never compare to Kat in Alfie's mind. But I don't agree that Roxy is being portrayed as the villain, it's more complicated than that. Roxy is going to be the loser in this situation, because a Kat-Alfie reunion is inevitable and always has been; they are actually portraying Roxy in a rather sympathetic light.

Thank you!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i`m surprised they`ve kept them apart for so long, i expected them to back together like 2 months after, i think they`ll prob be back together by Xmas now
  • Options
    Menime123Menime123 Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My guess is Kat will grab Alfie on his wedding day, tell him she loves him, and he'll call the wedding off once as he's about to say his vows. Ronnie will shout, Roxie will beg and Kat will open her legs and be happy for about 3 episodes.
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,290
    Forum Member
    The fact Ronnie returns helps Kat & Alfie grow closer again. Naturally Roxy will take Ronnie's side and Alfie won't have that.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benbenalen wrote: »

This!

And we'll have the lovely and warm reunion episodes to look forward to.:yawn:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    VIP101 wrote: »
    I have answered the OP's question. The OP asks how Alfie will fall back in love with Kat! Answer - He never stopped loving her! So I did answer the question.

Sorry I misunderstood I thought u were just saying you didn't watch. Sorry
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kat will probably guilt trip Alfie that hes her man in the moon and that she made a promise to nana blar blar
  • Options
    elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    I was just in the shop and caught sight of one of the tv guides and there is one picture of Peter and Carla from Coronation Street saying wedding bells or something and then one of Roxy and Alfie saying Alfie jilts her at the altar. I didn't bother reading it so I don't know what it was about.

Alfie never stopped loving Kat he thought he could move on with Roxy but he couldn't. Now he is stuck as he is marrying Roxy. The man is an idiot.
  • Options
    MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,694
    Forum Member
    I don't think he ever stopped loving her to be honest. He was just badly hurt and betrayed by her. When they get back together I just hope they don't turn Kat back into what she once was and move the marriage forward.
  • Options
    DuchessKittyDuchessKitty Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kat and Alfie has been done to death. The viewers don't care anymore. All they ever do is go around in circles, with her cheating and him being a passive-aggressive doormat.
    The only person I feel any sympathy for in the whole sorry mess is Roxy, who deserves much better than to be a plot device for the "never-ending love story" that is Kat and Alfie. :rolleyes: