BT Sport to screen Community Shield

Comments

• mr williamsmr williams Posts: 1,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new contract for the FA Cup starts this coming season so that's to be expected.

So looking forward to the FA cup being back on the BBC!
  • neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new contract for the FA Cup starts this coming season so that's to be expected.

Yes the BBC used to cover the FA cup very well.
    I only watch some of the FA cup from round 3. I don't really bother about the first two rounds.
    I also like to watch the Scottish cup but some of that is on Sky Sports and I don't get Sky Sports.

Darren
  • CricketbladeCricketblade Posts: 2,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Darren more fool you. You miss out on some of the best drama in the fa cup. Your loss.

Annoying adding of my name like anyone cares.
  • sparkie70sparkie70 Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad the FA Cup is back on the Beeb where it should be & hope they have a red button service like when they last had it.
  • CRTHDCRTHD Posts: 7,602
    Forum Member
    sparkie70 wrote: »
    Glad the FA Cup is back on the Beeb where it should be & hope they have a red button service like when they last had it.

And on Cup Final Day they could perhaps bring back Grandstand for the day and have some wrestling on beforehand!

Yay!
  • samburrowssamburrows Posts: 1,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annoying adding of my name like anyone cares.

Haha I love this. Don't know why people sign their posts on a forum - THOMO I'm talking about you here as well!

Ian
  • coventrywooocoventrywooo Posts: 3,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sparkie70 wrote: »

didnt one year they had like a match choice out of 4 games if i remember on a saturday night?
  • SteveMartinSteveMartin Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CRTHD wrote: »
    And on Cup Final Day they could perhaps bring back Grandstand for the day and have some wrestling on beforehand!

Wrestling was on ITV's World Of Sport :confused::confused:
  • CRTHDCRTHD Posts: 7,602
    Forum Member
    Wrestling was on ITV's World Of Sport :confused::confused:

Ah - yes of course it was.

Well perhaps ITV could bring WOS back next time they get the FAC? (Instead of the weekend daytime wallpaper that passes for tv now)?
  • Anthony_RyanAnthony_Ryan Posts: 445
    Forum Member

A return to a 3.pm kick off time would also be nice.
  • Zac QuinnZac Quinn Posts: 5,172
    Forum Member
    ney wrote: »

Exciting! Utterly pointless and meaningless pre-season match with Michael Owen commentating! What more could anybody possibly want! Sorry I think I'm painting the dog that day.
  • MGBCTVMGBCTV Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    didnt one year they had like a match choice out of 4 games if i remember on a saturday night?

I think that was extended coverage which was broadcast during Match of the Day
  • coventrywooocoventrywooo Posts: 3,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MGBCTV wrote: »
    I think that was extended coverage which was broadcast during Match of the Day

yes , but it was good though..
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    A return to a 3.pm kick off time would also be nice.

Ugh...!

Because it was ITV that moved it to 5:30pm wasn't it....!

It was a decision by The FA for audiences on other continents that wanted it to be a in a little more of a decent time, instead of early hours.
    The BBC will have no say on it, same as ITV had no say on it