Options

CS: who owns the flat ?

roverboy1965roverboy1965 Posts: 1,679
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Who owns the old bookies and the flat above ? I thought it was peter but Carla has thrown him out and Rob wants to move in.

This always annoys me as it happens so often in soaps

Man owns flat/house

Woman moves in

They fall out

Woman throws man out onto the street even if she's alone with no children.

Comments

• Options
    EastenderstreetEastenderstreet Posts: 3,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the flat and shop is still Peters and yes it annoys me too!
  • Options
    ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    It's actually Simon's, since he inherited money from his mother and it was left in trust for him. Peter bought the bookies and flat with the money when he took Simon on.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    ads84 wrote: »
    It's actually Simon's, since he inherited money from his mother and it was left in trust for him. Peter bought the bookies and flat with the money when he took Simon on.
    :D:D

Yes it's Peter.
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter/Carla are married, so wouldn't they be joint owners of the bookies and flat?
  • Options
    Charley Says...Charley Says... Posts: 1,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cooler wrote: »
    Peter/Carla are married, so wouldn't they be joint owners of the bookies and flat?

No...

But it is their marital home which does give her some right to stay...

An old mate of mine dossed down with me when he was estranged from his ex-wife...
    Until a copper mate told him if he entered the house while she wasn't there he could legally take possession as it was their marital home...

This he did and she then upsticks and left...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    It's Peter's, but I doubt he would throw Carla out when he wants her back, that isn't the right way to go about it ;)..
  • Options
    MittenMitten Posts: 2,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a marital asset, in the same way that the bookies became one when he married Leanne and had to buy her out.
  • Options
    Charley Says...Charley Says... Posts: 1,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mitten wrote: »
    It's a marital asset, in the same way that the bookies became one when he married Leanne and had to buy her out.

That is wrong... a marital asset only becomes one if you can prove that you have aided the upkeep either directly or indirectly...

He may of signed Leanne in on the business but if he didn't... she wouldn't automatically have a financial interest...
  • Options
    Lisa_CharleneLisa_Charlene Posts: 4,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't Carla sell her flat to buy the bookies off Leanne?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    When Carla bought Leanne's share, did that just entail the Bookies, or the does the flat come as part of the price as well? I think they both technically have rights to it, but it would all depend on legalities that are too complex for me to understand :)
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I seem to remember Carla buying Leanne out too. :confused: