Options

Is War imminent - ISIS

Central cakeCentral cake Posts: 5,625
Forum Member
Should we be worried? David Cameron said its high likely now we will be attacked.

I have a massive worry and get quite anxious about war or fighting. I was a wreck during the riots :( I am not sure what triggers it but it makes me very scared.

Comments

• Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    about as likely as a tornado ripping your house apart and you getting sent to oz
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I very much doubt it.
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ISIS aren't exactly equipped for a war, and you have fallen right into their scare trap this is what they wanted and you are the ones they have targeted, the scared.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    We should allow ISIS to take over a country or as small a part of it as possible, and then wipe them out in one go.

If we try to attack them now they will scatter and hide amongst the general population to come back yet again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So why has Cameron made that statement of an attack very likely?
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    ISIS aren't exactly equipped for a war, and you have fallen right into their scare trap this is what they wanted and you are the ones they have targeted, the scared.

They're supposed to be absolutely loaded.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

In the hope that the people will be more worried about an attack than what his party is doing to the country.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The warning is for the police and security services it is not for the general public it just tells them to be more vigilient and on alert.

When they raise it to the top level then you take the notice.

Britain has always had a hightened state of alert it just people don't take notice of it.

Of course there could be an attack but it is the same everyday unless they have specific intelligence if they did they would raise it to the top.
  • Options
    couchpotato2011couchpotato2011 Posts: 1,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The same reason Bush said their was a weapon of mass destruction. These guys lie, a lot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am obviously just a wimp lol :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    They're supposed to be absolutely loaded.

Loaded but they don't have an army yet capable of taking on America, Europe and other countries some experts believe they are already imploding and have believed their hype of being indestructible that they are already starting to fall apart through over confidence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The same reason Bush said their was a weapon of mass destruction. These guys lie, a lot.

Because the government want oil where IS is?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am obviously just a wimp lol :(

No but you have to remember this is why they have beheaded these men and put the videos out to scare you and make you afraid.

It's just bullyboy tactics and they know it works as you have proved, get on with your life until something happens do not avoid places or situations.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Loaded but they don't have an army yet capable of taking on America, Europe and other countries some experts believe they are already imploding and have believed their hype of being indestructible that they are already starting to fall apart through over confidence.

I have read other countries who might be our enemies are backing us over the ISIS because they dont agree. Unless I read it wrong.
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

the upcoming NATO summit perhaps?
  • Options
    flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's because of the NATO Summit taking place in Cardiff/Newport this weekend.

Cardiff is in lockdown:o:D
  • Options
    wns_195wns_195 Posts: 13,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This country is too cowardly and apathetic to fight the al-Qaeda Separatists in Iraq and Syria. It doesn't matter how many people they kill, especially if they're not British. That is surely the thinking behind not allowing thir membrrs who are UK citizens to return to the country.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You know what I meant, smart arse.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They'd never be capable of taking on America. Syria's tiny compared to America. America and Russia could be the most powerful countries in the world. America would destroy them if IS started attacking them.
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had to read (bib) twice! :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They'd never be capable of taking on America. Syria's tiny compared to America. America and Russia could be the most powerful countries in the world. America would destroy them if IS started attacking them.

But could the same be said about the UK?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know what I meant, smart arse.

But that probably was the reason why Bush invaded Iraq for.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree. In an all out war against disciplined well trained forces, they'd be annihilated.

What I do fear is that British Jihadists will start taking hostage innocent people in this country and behead them also in this country - could be the likes of old Bill Smith from just down the road.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But could the same be said about the UK?

Yeah, that's the thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But that probably was the reason why Bush invaded Iraq for.

I agree.