Options

CS Confused about Fiz and Tyrone having no money

Lisa_CharleneLisa_Charlene Posts: 4,002
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi,

I feel really confused as to why Fiz is saying they are so poor and would need more than £2000 off Tony or otherwise they can't pay the bills. She works at the factory and Tyrone owns half the garage so surely if the garage was making a profit he wouldn't lose out? Also he is only out of action for 8 weeks so surely £2000 would cover their bills for this time. I also thought Vera and Jack left Tyrone the house so I didn't think he had a mortgage to pay but maybe I got that fact wrong?

Comments

• Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    I suppose eating in Roy's cafe when they live next door isn't very sensible.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fizzs cream cake habit has cost them dearly. Soon rubeh and orp will be eating newspaper
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must be pricey up the north now.

You right tho don't make much sense but the nothing on Corrie does now days,
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why the frig are they converting the loft if they have no money? :confused:
  • Options
    jimbo23jimbo23 Posts: 1,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having liked fiz up untill now, im really finding her annoying latley,

Jason was doing this job on the cheap for Tyrone, putting the dodgy materials to one side, ty was told not to go up there and he wasnt that badley hurt,

fiz keeps banging on about the insurance, so basically she wants to take her mates company down, its nasty,

2k is more than enough to see them over 8 weeks, they have no mortgage, tyrone should be getting maintenance for ruby from kirsty and fiz works full time!

if he had died or serious injury it would be different,
  • Options
    ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    I notice she mentioned today how 2k (and a completely free loft conversion) is still not enough for her. Effing greedy bitch.
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are going to get worse, I believe !!

>:(
  • Options
    Sansa_SnowSansa_Snow Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah how were they going to pay for the loft? And Ty went up there when told not to so he should be paying Jason, it's not really relevant about the boards as it hadn't been declared safe at that point.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does she think the insurance would pay out that quickly anyway she could be waiting weeks, vile greedy Fiz as ever 2k isn't enough for effectively brain dead Tyrone not listening and getting work done on the cheap.

Cannot wait until the actress is on maternity leave.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Oooh, they make my blood boil! Fiz has been banging on about having no money, 'how are we going to pay the bills, feed the kids', etc. Yet they were both having a Full English in Roy's Rolls! Now, I'm all for a treat now and again - but that will have cost them the best part of a tenner, even if tea and toast was included! And no doubt they'd have been back in there for a bacon barm later...
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Why the frig are they converting the loft if they have no money? :confused:

That's a big hole in the story. If they're not now paying for the conversion, they must have the money they would have spent (at least £10K, I'd guess) available.
  • Options
    maxsimaxsi Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sick pay? They would probably only be down 600 per month so the offer of 1000 should have lasted... Pathetic
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ambery wrote: »
    Oooh, they make my blood boil! Fiz has been banging on about having no money, 'how are we going to pay the bills, feed the kids', etc. Yet they were both having a Full English in Roy's Rolls! Now, I'm all for a treat now and again - but that will have cost them the best part of a tenner, even if tea and toast was included! And no doubt they'd have been back in there for a bacon barm later...

Same as the Anna and Owen pathetic money s/l, she had no money for food so goes to a food bank but the next scene is boozing it up in the pub!
  • Options
    jimbo23jimbo23 Posts: 1,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the whole fiz tyrone story is stupid, i mean even if they did have the money for a loft conversion why didnt they just move away,
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fiz and Ty. What a ludicrous yawn of SL.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    It doesn't make any sense at all. They are only losing one wage (ty iSn't so incapacitated that Fiz needs to stay home to look after him) and they jad enough spare money to be having the loft converted. That is now being done free of charge so why can't that money hep tide them over? Okay Jase was doing it at mates rates but it surely must still have been a couple of thousand. That, plus the 2k compensation offered should see them get by and why can't they use that money to hire a temp at the garage if the issue is they are turning business away.

And let's not forget, they don't actually know the conversion was faulty yet and Ty had been told not to go up there so little grounds for "if you've had an accident that wasn't your fault".

But, as ever, Fiz is being money hungry and Ty is being thick!
  • Options
    judy08judy08 Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    Tyrone should be paid compensation for any earnings lost but for them to cry poor when they had enough money for the conversion in the 1st place is silly considering they are now getting it done for free. Didn't Tyrone sell his half of the garage back to Kevin when he (Kevin) had the affair with Molly?
  • Options
    NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harlowe wrote: »
    Does she think the insurance would pay out that quickly anyway she could be waiting weeks, vile greedy Fiz as ever 2k isn't enough for effectively brain dead Tyrone not listening and getting work done on the cheap.

Cannot wait until the actress is on maternity leave.

This entirely. That gap-tooth ginger whinger FUZZ gets on my bleedin' nerves! >:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizzs cream cake habit has cost them dearly. Soon rubeh and orp will be eating newspaper

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Literally LOLed:D
  • Options
    Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly! They are now getting the extension done free and even at the ridiculous "mates rates" that would be about £15k saved so why is she whing on and on about poverty? Then Fuzz bleats on about "feeding her kids" but rides about in taxis instead of getting the bus and yesterday she and Tyrone were stuffing their fat faces with a fry up in Roys - I cannot stand this character!!!!!>:(
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should do a live episode where they literally demolish the house whilst Fiz is inside. Pour concrete on the rubble and be done with it. That'll show the nasty disgusting bint. Poor Tirrone though, it's been downhill for him since Kirsty left.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    judy08 wrote: »
    Tyrone should be paid compensation for any earnings lost but for them to cry poor when they had enough money for the conversion in the 1st place is silly considering they are now getting it done for free. Didn't Tyrone sell his half of the garage back to Kevin when he (Kevin) had the affair with Molly?

I agree with this. Of course they are entitled to compensation but they should be honest and say they want it because they are entitled to it after shoddy work rather than playing the poverty card.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    judy08 wrote: »
    ................ Didn't Tyrone sell his half of the garage back to Kevin when he (Kevin) had the affair with Molly?

I can't remember, but if he did, wouldn't that make him an employee? Which puts a completely different complexion on things - SSP from Kevin, and possibly state benefits appropriate to an employed person (is it still a Class 1 stamp?).
  • Options
    desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiresome couple, tiresome s/l. Corrie just gets worse and worse.
  • Options
    Sansa_SnowSansa_Snow Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    I agree with this. Of course they are entitled to compensation but they should be honest and say they want it because they are entitled to it after shoddy work rather than playing the poverty card.

But they don't know the work was shoddy as it was not completed at that point so they had not had any guarantee or assurance that it was safe.