Whats your fav Freeview Channel?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
Forum Member
Whats your fav Freeview Channel?

It's got to be Dave rite, I mean if they dropped Dave from the Freeview channels we would be doomed. I mean Yi can't beat watching a bit of Mock the week over and over again or Not going out, I mean Dave does repeat a lot of the line up but good job the shows they actually repeat are all decent good shows. I do not know how many times I have watched Top Gear Africa Special but hell who cares its another great show.

So yup my fav freeview channel is Dave.

Comments

• David WaineDavid Waine Posts: 3,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC1 HD. The best channel anywhere in my opinion.
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favorite freeview/freesat channels are...

BBC 1/ bbc 2
    Ch.4/e.4/ film 4
    Dave
    Pop
    Rt/ nhk world
    Horror channel

If I could get all these on one platform I'd be very happy....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,252
    Forum Member
    Toss up between BBC1 HD, BBC4 HD, and Channel 4 HD.
  • tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TruTV
  • Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I think 'Dave' is a load of crap. :D Awful picture quality and just endless repeats of old programmes like Mock the week and Top Gear. Yawn! Even the American stuff is low grade trash tv like the heavily scripted 'reality' show Lizard Lick Towing. I wouldn't care if it ended tomorrow!

I don't have an single absolute favourite channel as my interests aren't covered by any one channel alone, but of course the BBC HD channels do get watched quite a bit at various times.
  • davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member
    BBC 1 and Channel 4.
  • Zeropoint1Zeropoint1 Posts: 10,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've often wondered this myself and judging by my series links it seems to be Yesterday and BBC Four. Certainly Yesterday is my most watched channel probably followed by BBC Three for Family Guy and American Dad then BBC News which also doubles as televisual wallpaper when I'm online and don't want to listen to music.
  • HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    The only answer to this rather strange question is that it has to be the channel that is currently showing a programme I am enjoying at the moment and so one cannot really have a favourite channel, IMHO of course.
    After re-tuning, which we have to do many times, it seems, with Freeview I eliminate all those that deal with pop music, pop culture etc and all those radio stations that perpetuate the sin of playing pop music. I am far too old and serious to put up with tripe on TV or radio.
  • KMKYWAPKMKYWAP Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC Four HD.
  • kevkev Posts: 21,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In order of most programmes recorded this year...

BBC Three HD
    BBC Four HD
    Yesterday
    Notts TV
    Quest
    Dave
    Channel 4HD
    BBC ONE HD
    E4 HD
    BBC TWO HD

(The only other channels with any timers set in the next week are London Live and Motors TV on FreesatFromSky).
  • Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is no E4 HD on Freeview!
  • ntscuserntscuser Posts: 8,241
    Forum Member
    Quest
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC1 HD, BBC 2 HD, BBC 3 HD, BBC 4 HD and Quest occupy over 90 per cent of my viewing.
  • Evil GeniusEvil Genius Posts: 8,837
    Forum Member
    I suppose for me it it has to be

BBC4
    BBC3
    Yesterday
    Drama
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stv Hd
  • Wayne MouleWayne Moule Posts: 1,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can get Dave in HD and the programmes look better than SD on Youviews Dave OD.
  • kasgkasg Posts: 4,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Again, Dave HD is not on Freeview so I'm not sure what the relevance is. My must watched channels are probably BBC News, Channel 4 and BBC Four, obviously in HD where possible. I do like bit of Dave too!
  • tony-wtony-w Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    BBC4 HD - the only channel I watch anything on 'live' and that is very rare, for two reasons:

1. we only have one main TV and the OH controls that like a gatekeeper.

2. BBC4 HD only airs the odd documentary I am remotely interested in. Rich Halls' in August this year being the last thing I watched.
  • Martyn1Martyn1 Posts: 576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My fave free view channel - channel 22 CBM. Also 'lottery xtra' was an amazing channel. :o
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Either BBC 1 HD or BBC 2 HD, depending on the day of the week and the time of day.
  • elfcurryelfcurry Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose for me it it has to be

BBC4
    BBC3
    Yesterday
    Drama
    That's almost me, maybe I'm evil too. I only see BBC3 for Doctor Who repeats but they seem to have gone now. I used to love the Red Dwarf and QI on Dave but it's a while since I found anything to watch there. Most days I catch MASH on TruTV. Quest can be good too.

Mine: BBC4, Aljazeera, Yesterday, Drama.
  • njpnjp Posts: 27,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elfcurry wrote: »
    That's almost me, maybe I'm evil too. I only see BBC3 for Doctor Who repeats but they seem to have gone now. I used to love the Red Dwarf and QI on Dave but it's a while since I found anything to watch there. Most days I catch MASH on TruTV.
    Doesn't that have a laughter track?

How can you tolerate it?
  • CupidStunt2010CupidStunt2010 Posts: 803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After midnight you all know you wanna say Babestation or XpandedTV, but the wife will beat the crap out of you if she finds out :D
  • elfcurryelfcurry Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    njp wrote: »
    Doesn't that have a laughter track?

How can you tolerate it?
    I agree it's an irritant but I don't think it's on most episodes. When I notice it it's a brief distraction and seems out of place but it doesn't affect me much. If I noticed it a lot, I'd probably give up.

I got the channel for MASH wrong, it's on True Entertainment Ch61.

I'm really not interested in watching scanty, pouting slappers thanks. There are far more appealing representations of women as whole intelligent people, actually doing something worthwhile, on dozens of other channels. I've probably seen less than one minute of the 'babe' channels in total in the years I've had Freeview, and about the same for the 'barker' (is that the term?) channels.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    BBC Three HD
    E4
    Channel 4 HD
    Dave
    BBC ONE HD
    ITV4
    Quest
    Channel 5
    5 USA