Options

Who are you supporting in the 2015 general election?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,818
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm supporting UKIP mainly because they will tackle the main issues in this countries (mainly immigration)

Who are you supporting in the 2015 general election? 275 votes

Labour
34% 95 votes
Conservative Party
13% 36 votes
UKIP
30% 83 votes
Other
22% 61 votes

Comments

• Options
    UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am supporting anyone but UKIP since I don't fancy the country going back to the 1970s.
  • Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Those voting UKIP could be in for disappointment. They talk the talk (as have many before them) but will they walk the walk?

Being from Northern Ireland, my voting options are not good.

Can't vote for the main 4 parties because they are too sectarian. Their positions on issues like flags, parades and the past are too entrenched in their own sides of the community.
    Can't vote conservative because that is a vote for religious dogma.
    Can't vote libertarian because it is not an option on the ballot. None of the parties operating in NI can be called anywhere near libertarian.
    Even independent candidates often go independent because their parties don't spew enough sectarian religious dogma.

That just leaves liberal with Alliance or Greens, and the Greens don't even run in my constituency so I will likely be voting Alliance (assuming we don't get a decent independent candidate).

Of course none of it will matter as election outcomes are depressingly predictable as Sinn Fein and DUP will, once again, be the biggest parties in the country.

Oh for a good fiscally conservative, socially liberal party.
  • Options
    DadDancerDadDancer Posts: 3,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those voting UKIP could be in for disappointment. They talk the talk (as have many before them) but will they walk the walk?

What are you basing that on? and seriously how can they be a worse option than Labour and the Tories? :confused:
  • Options
    kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    There is not a single party that has an agenda that I feel will benefit me or my country and even if they did like most instances it'll just be said to get the votes with no intention of actually doing any of the things they promise.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UKMikey wrote: »
    I am supporting anyone but UKIP since I don't fancy the country going back to the 1970s.

why would it? :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not going to bother, I live in a very safe constituency.

I know, if everyone said that. But they don't.
  • Options
    UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DadDancer wrote: »
    why would it? :confused:
    Because anti immigration parties were rife before we joined the EC. As a first generation immigrant for me to vote for UKIP would be akin to a turkey voting for Christmas to be held earlier in the year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do like the way the Lib Dems don't even feature as a main party now and are lumped in as 'other' :D. Good work OP ;-)
  • Options
    nobodyherenobodyhere Posts: 1,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still waiting for the Monster Raving Looney party to re-surface
    They might be criminally insane, but at least you know what your getting yourself into

With cons, libs, lab, ukip its more a case of choosing a lesser evil, and these days they seem to be singing from the same hymn sheet anyway

My constituency is "safe" (large demographic of senior voters) to an extent that even when UKIP had their "flavor of the month" moment our councils other seats spread between the other 3 parties simply agreed to cockblock them at council meetings

So I suppose I am somewhat disillusioned with the whole process, then again I'm still slightly bitter that Batman did not win the police commissioner vote so what do i know :)
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anything that ends up with IDS and his cronies out of a job is fine with me, as long as it's not UKIP.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What are you basing that on? and seriously how can they be a worse option than Labour and the Tories? :confused:

History. A great many people thought something similar about the Lib Dems.
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nobodyhere wrote: »
    Still waiting for the Monster Raving Looney party to re-surface
    They might be criminally insane, but at least you know what your getting yourself into

There's always the Church of the Militant Elvis Party.
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm voting Green

Labour are too hit and miss, LIb Dems too weak and I hate both the Tories and UKIP
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    UKIP and Tories. Two cheeks of the same arse, with Cameron and Farage fighting it out for the role of chief anus.
  • Options
    jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    If we are going to have a poll for that can it at least include the biggest of the other parties - SNP; Green; Lib Dem; Plaid, DUP etc... especially as they actually have MPs in Parliament.

I will be voting for Plaid, unless there is a chance that my MP can be unseated by Labour, in which case I shall tactically vote for them.
  • Options
    Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,159
    Forum Member
    Hold my nose and vote Labour, although I am in a safe Tory seat so will probably be wasting my time.
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do you really expect them to get enough seats to form a government
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UKIP and Tories. Two cheeks of the same arse, with Cameron and Farage fighting it out for the role of chief anus.

That made me smile :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That made me smile :)

It's funny cos it's true.

I can't take the credit though as it was shamelessly stolen from a Stan Collymore tweet.
  • Options
    asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    Ukip will continue to get support when the main parties are ignoring the country's concerns over immigration . Something does need to be done yet it's just being ignored!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I ask the people who are voting Labour, why?
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hold my nose and vote Labour, although I am in a safe Tory seat so will probably be wasting my time.

Don't think like that - every vote against the Conservative Party counts.

Here you could stick a blue badge on a skunk as MP and they would still vote Tory. I will vote for whichever party can dent that Tory vote the most.
  • Options
    TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    Green Party
  • Options
    gocompletelynutgocompletelynut Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    Don't think like that - every vote against the Conservative Party counts.

Here you could stick a blue badge on a skunk as MP and they would still vote Tory. I will vote for whichever party can dent that Tory vote the most.

That'll be UKIP then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That'll be UKIP then.

Yeah if you want a Labour government